Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default W.O.W. Winter Wonderland Week 3!!!!!

Week three babies!!!! Let's get to it! How is everyone doing???

I lost THREE pounds this week! I hope it's right! I am going to add in some exercise this week...and I'm actually kind of looking foreward to it. I used to LOVE my "me time" at the gym, loved the adrenaline rush of a good sweat, and even like the sore muscles the next day.

Again....DH did NOT take Rachel to daycare as planned so I could go work out, so not today. Today I get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed (they are growing out of control!) and have tons of housework and mounds of laundry to do. Then I have to work tonight...somehow have to find time to nap today. Don't have any of the Christmas shopping done, other than my kids.

The bad news...how cliche is this....our big screen, 48 inch HDTV, NOT EVEN PAID FOR YET....is dead, broken, gone. Robert put his Wii Remote through it. Yes. How cliche. It didn't crack anything externally, rather, something inside it and now it doesn't work anymore. And of course you can't get any customer service or any help on a Friday night so we were without tv all weekend. <sigh> Murphy's law, right? whatever can go wrong, will?

Well let's kick this week off with a positive note.... I know we can do this! oxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Morning Michelle. Wanted to go to the gym this morning but we have about an inch of ice covering the roads. We actually got about two inches of snow yesterday with more coming from the sounds of it. We so rarely get snow that it really does stop everything. No school (I am glad I am home today), and No gym for me. Food wise I am doing really well uh oh here comes tommy.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

NurseMichelle - Yes, it is good news that I did not gain this year, isn't it. I'm trying to remember where you were at a year ago. Weren't you and Aud neck to neck around 280? If I am remembering correctly, congrats!!

jcatron243 - And you too, aren't you down from last year at this time?

I guess it doesn't matter so much, just good to see you two are still around. Aud has been MIA too, eh?

I am feeling like not following the "WE" part of "WEED", so I thought I better check in and hopefully the desire to stay on track will kick in.

W - 5 blue bottles of water = 110 oz.
E - 30 minute walk + 40 minutes weights
E - Lots of fruits and vegetables mixed with protein
D - You'll feel better all around if you do!!

I already got the exercise in and the water intake is okay, but I ate chocolate already this morning. I MUST get back on track food-wise. Wish me luck!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Well...back up my 3 pounds from not drinking my water over the weekend and eating sodium rich foods. So...gotta start downing my water today and tomorrow and i should hopefully see 155 by wednesday again. Even my honey says he's going to have to start following my eating plan so he can take a few pounds off. Not sure if he will like the way i like to eat to keep the weight off or not though. Lots of broiled chicken breast is usually in my diet. hehehe. But heavens knows i need to get back on it.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Sorry I haven't been around. Every night, I tell myself to get online, post something, but every night I don't. Besides the fact that I really have nothing new to tell, I just can't get motivated to post. BUT I have been working out and my eating is good....except for the last few days. I brought cake mix and whipped icing, even though the gas isn't turned on in my stove yet. I completely forgot my habit of eating icing out of the container. Regardless, my calories have only been a little over, I am chugging water like a fish, my sleep is still WAY off though. Thank god for coffee!

WI last Thursday: -2.6

Welcome Back Lumi and Clykk!

Hola to any newbies we have!

Michelle ~ Let me see if I can answer your barrage of questions. I quit Valero, still work at the VA, am about to get a second job at a WAH company called Cloud 10, don't start school till April, will be doing nothing but working on Christmas (I don't have any money for anything ), Leonidas is doing FABULOUS! Here's a new pic:

He's all long and lean now. My little wolfbaby!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Nurse: Congrats on the loss!

JCat- Gotta love winter.

Clykk: Great job on maintaining for a year

Lumi: Weekends are killer for me too.

JL: Love the puppy. Congrats on the loss!

I'm doing well today. No exercise yet but I'm feeling a little Yogaish. We'll see what happens later. Plus, TOM will not go away. It's been like 10 days. Enough already!

For those of you following C25K. I know it recommends having a rest day in between sessions. Have you ever done two consecutive days? Sometimes I feel like I could do that but I don't want to over do it.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #7  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I really need to exercise and get more water in. I am HERE though...tryin to make it thru the week. I'm hoping to get going on the c25k this week. At least it's something, right??
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Jasonslea- I love the puppy!! Aw. How cute!

NurseMichelle- I'm a nurse too. Do you work 12hr shifts? I find its hard to work out before or after work because I'm just too tired.

I've been dropping weight like crazy lately. I hope its not just water weight though. I've lost 10lbs since December 4th. I can start feeling and seeing a difference though. I tried on some old jeans.. I can actually button them now. They are still tight.. but i'm working on that=)

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss! Usually this is a time of year that people are gaining.. and look at us!!!!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 12-15-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Ruth, Happy 30th yesterday!!

NM, 3pounds down!! Good for you!

Shari, the puppy is too cute!

Grazer, I have tried doing 2 days in a row, once in a while seems ok, but for the most part, my knees protest if I ask them to go every day.

Jen, we have been dealing with the ice too, pretty much shut down the northeast. There are still folks with no power since Thursday!! Thank goodness we did not have so much ice where I live, more snow, but just 30 miles south, all ice...

Everybody else, lets keep going on this, just over 2 weeks to New Years Eve? Where will you be for the start of your resolution??

W 100 tough today, I will be shopping all day!!
E OP, smart choices.
E Shop, shop, shop!
D One choice at a time!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #10  

MM: Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Well I gained over 3lbs over the weekend but as of this morning I've lost all but 1.2lbs. Maybe I'll get that off today, I hope. I didn't exercise yesterday because I felt terrible but I feel better today so I'm hoping to get some in.

Today is mine and DH's 13th anniversary. We got married two days after my 17th birthday. I had to be 17 years old before I got married so we chose the first Saturday after my birthday, hehe.

DH is off two weeks for the holidays starting Monday so that will be a challenge for me. Normally we always gain weight when he has time off. This summer though during his week shutdown, we were determined we weren't going to gain weight and we didn't, so I think we can do it if we stay determined.

We have snow and ice too. The kids can't wait to finish their schooling today and go out sledding.

Today's WEED:
W: 64-96oz
E: 30-90min I hope
E: around 1500cals
D: enjoy the day with my wonderful hubby

Last edited by ruth135; 12-16-2008 at 10:51 AM.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #11  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I have been suffering from a bout of food poisoning. Man, I have been miserable. The only good thing is the little bit of weight I've lost. Tough way to get it off, but I'll take it. I hope to lose some more. I have started eating more calories also. We'll see if it helps.

I am watching BL and hoping it keeps snowing. A snow day tomorrow would be heavenly.

See ya later.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #12  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Eeekers!

Man... what does a girl have to do to get online around here! I reread the last 1/2 of week 2 and all of this thread. I started writing things down and wanted to ask about Lumi's party prep, and Mtig's skating adventure, and say hi to the return of Clykk (I dont believe we've met) and find out about how mmavis' knee feels, and see if Jen's kids are still sing Christmas carols, and let Nchellie know I'm up for a hair cut this week too and find out how Amy's grandma is and ..... whew.... I couldn't get it all down, but I think I will just commit to restart from here!

The love in the air at my house is thin. I am not so thin. Bad combo. I weighed in at 199.8 last Friday. Will be shocked if I can be there again this Friday. I have been hot and cold with water drinking. Semi okay on the exercise and psychotic with eating. I want out of all of it. I want out of my skin. I need a break.

So... coming here to my girls to let you know I recommitting to checking in here everyday for myself. Everyone else can wait . Yah! that feels better!~

WEED-
W - 80 minimum
E - Treadmill 20 min on NON C25K days
E - Plan it. Pack it. Eat it.
D - Doing it for me.

Have a good night girls!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Ugh. TOM hit me hard this morning. Thank god it was my off day! My first day is always the worst so it's best I stay home otherwise someone will probably get their head ripped off. The cramps were super bad today and I had no aspirin so I was dragging myself everywhere, just in alot of pain. Then I drank my miracle beverage, Pepsi. I don't know what it is, but everytime I have cramps, I drink a regular Pepsi and it stops the pain!

I ended up being called to the hospital by Mama, she took me to Sam's and brought a 44lb bag of dog food, some stuff animals/chew toys, and some milk! I love that woman so much. Leonidas ran out of food yesterday and I have no money so I was going to have to borrow some from the neighbors. Now my baby will have food for quite a while.

I wanted to eat something big and greasy, ala Jalisco burrito but I stopped myself and made popcorn instead! I just ate most of it and I feel fine.

Ruth ~ HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY AND ANNIVERSARY!

What are yall's plans for New Years?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Jasonslea-Pepsi has caffeine which is a diuretic (i.e. make you pee) and therefore make you feel less bloated... and less crampy? Just a guess=)

So.. I've been obsessed with the scale lately. I don't know what it is, but I need to lay off a bit. I have already lost a lot this month.. so I should be happy. But, as usual, I want more more more! I don't know how to be patient. I am the most impatient person ever. I even planned my wedding in two weeks because I couldn't bear the thought of waiting months or years for the wedding day. It is definitely something I need to work on.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Morning ladies.

Just a quick to Mtiger and Jlea! I see you are both signed up for the next BL challenge already. I missed the last one, did the one before though (with a total lack of enthusiasm) and this time I am going to

Any of you other ladies in that I missed?

Going to get my water now... OH and

RUTHIE~ HAPPY BELATED 30 GIRLIE! SORRY I MISSED IT EARLIER!

Kris
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote