Old 10-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies. I had a *FAB* weigh in... 194.5!!! That is a 5.5 # decrease!!!!! Now I am WELL aware that it was not a 5.5 lb loss... it was a difference in an evening weigh in last week vs a 9:30 am weigh in today. HOWEVER it validates my hard work.
YAHOO!
I hope all are doing well and keeping up the good work.
LadyinFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

modcat- Glad you are back. When I eat junk I really feel it. Physically and mentally.

ladyflux- Congrats. A loss is a loss!

Nothing too exciting going on. Keeping up on my plan and exercise.

Hope everyone is doing good.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~Would it be a bad plan to have a 2 day liquid fast? I think It might be the only way to get myself back on track. Once I start eating I am a gone goose. I want to nibble all day. If I don't eat, I don't want to eat. I have a note book to write in. I think if I break it down into a doable plan I can pull it off. Small time spans work better for me at this moment. I am going to try it. I just talked myself into it. Water, fruit and veggie juice. Doable. Work it 2 hour time spans. Make a set time to do some walking. Get the scale going in the correct direction, down. I may be posting a lot tomorrow. I will make it or I will make it. Catch ya all tomorrow. Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

bigsexy--haha! I remember one year maybe about 7 or 8 years ago when for a whole month we ate just to get all those stupid game pieces and hardly won anything, just an occasional small fry or drink. Just like the lottery, but still it kinda sucks you in, doesn't it? RESIST!!

ladyinflux-- Great weigh-in, no matter what time of day! I've been known to weigh a few different times during the day to get the lowest score a time or two.....

Dixiemae--that is so funny b/c I kinda did that today--not a conscious fast but after having so much junk the last few days I had juice, tea, chicken broth and a small salad for lunch. My thinking is this--it's like calories are in the bank. I can spend so many every day. If I overspend a few days, I need to really rein it back in b/c I am overdrawn for the week! And we all know there is a penalty if you are overdrawn! It's gonna cost you.....
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #80  
:)

Height: 5'7

to the losers!

Really busy few days coming up, so I'll be MIA. Don't forget about this Stephi! She'll be back with a vengence. Especially if she hasn't lost any weight for Santa!
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #81  

Modcat~I really like your way of looking at it. Gives me a different way of thinking about what I eat. Thanks! I hear that it worked for you, it will work for me also. Thanks for sharing.

Ladyinflux~ Way to go!!!! C O N G R A T S
Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 10-21-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:33 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

A couple day fast to clean out your system is not a bad thing. But you might not actually see a difference in weight because your body will go into starvation mode. Also, if you're not eating anything - it's not wise to do any vigorous exercise, as that will strain your body and can cause some serious sideeffects - like fainting, dizzy spells, severe headaches etc. --- but like I said dieting from the crap in your system isn't a bad idea.

Things are going good on this end. I'm working on day 4 of being ON PLAN... I need to keep it up, and keep up the exercise too. I'm definately feeling it, and since I'm in the first week again I'm TIRED! I usually am like this for about a week to week &1/2 and then my body gets used to the extra burn.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #83  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Things are going good on this end. I'm working on day 4 of being ON PLAN... I need to keep it up, and keep up the exercise too. I'm definately feeling it, and since I'm in the first week again I'm TIRED! I usually am like this for about a week to week &1/2 and then my body gets used to the extra burn.
I know how it is. I had such a busy day, but I managed to go to get in 12 minutes of biking.

I try!

Ahh... I'm so looking forward to the weekend. School is really getting to me.
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

I had a good WI yesterday! Down another 3.4 pounds, YAY ME!!! I can't believe xmas is just around the corner, where doe's the time go??
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #85  

bigmomma- Congrats on the loss. I know what you mean about Christmas. I'm not ready for it to be here.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

barbarajean, looks like you and me have about the same amount to lose for the thanksgiving challenge. I think I need 9.7 to make my goal of 20. Ugh, and I wanted to make gifts for xmas again this year, don't know if I'll have the time. The stores are already putting up decorated trees, eeks!!!
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #87  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Ladyinflux- WTG!!!! A loss is a loss!!!!

Dixiemae- I did a 3 day detox which was bassically a liquid fast. All i had was juice water and broth. It has done wonders. I finished it last Wednesday. I was at 172. I am now at 165. Its not water weight either. The thing is your toxins hold on to your fat because they have to live somewhere. When you dont have toxins you dont need fat! You should so do it!!! It really isnt very hard.

Bigmomma-WTG 3 pounds is awesome!!!

To everyone!!! I have 10 pounds to go!! I am so excited. I got on the scale this morning and I was at 165! Whoop Whoop!!! I am so glad I found this forum. It keeps me going with my goal!!

Last edited by wildthing; 10-22-2008 at 09:47 PM.
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I've been looking at the fast idea too, hmmm. Maybe I shall try it for the weekend..
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #89  

bigmomma- That's what I need to lose too. I'm really hoping to make it. I know we all can make out goals.

wildthing- Congrats!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #90  

MM~Back on track with a lot of help from Eny (thanks!) I sneaked a peak weigh in this morning 180.2. I have 1.2# to loose to be back where I was 2-3 weeks ago. I can do this!! I have a plan written in my journal. I will start it tomorrow. Today we(family) they are having a divorce party at my sisters. I will indulge a little, but I will not do any damage to my weight loss plans. I am bound and determined to get to 162 by Christmas. I WILL have a black dress to wear. Stress level was terrible yesterday. My daughters 15 year old cat had to be put to sleep yesterday. His passing was a tragic end to a wonderful friend. Catch ya all later. Pat

Today my younger sister and I are running errands all over town. Then going to our sisters for the party.