Old 09-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Default Numbers Challenge / September

I believe weight loss is a numbers game and I'm planning on winning. Calories in vs. calories out. My plan is to eat fewer calories, and burn more calories. Numbers . . . no matter how you slice it.

This is a numbers based challenge and if you are interested in setting and achieving a goal, please join us.

My number is 7. I want to stay ON PLAN 7 days this week.

Your number can be anything. Working out 60 minutes per day, 30 minutes, 15 minutes . . . whatever will challenge you THIS WEEK. Maybe your number is based on calories eaten, calories burned, fiber, or something else. You pick your number and your goal.

The challenge runs Monday to Monday. You can keep the same challenge the next week, or pump it up a bit to keep you working harder and staying motivated.

Start a thread with your goal and keep us updated throughout the week. We will use this thread for 4 weeks.

Good luck!!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #2  

Okay! Here we go!!

My goal is to stay ON PLAN 7 days this week! I also want to exercise 5 times and floss my teeth and take my vitamins every day.

Brand new week and a brand new start!!

Monday - Walked 3.5 miles, stayed OP, vitamins & flossing done!
Tuesday - No exercise, but stayed OP, vitamins & flossing done!
Wednesday -

Last edited by ggmugsy; 09-10-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Nice idea for a challenge! I would like to join in if I may?!

I aim to stay within my calorie allowance for 7 days.
Exercise on 5 days out of 7 minimum.
Get my 5 portions of fruit and veg each day.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #4  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hey everyone....my goals are to consume no more than an average of 2000cals for the week and weights 4 times this week

today starts a 9 week pilates class at school, its free to students and faculty...i went with my friend tanya....whoo im sore lol

how goes it mindy...oh my daughter talks back too...i guess ill just have to wait till shes 23 for her to realize how lucky she is....thats how long it took for me lmao

welcome to the challenge pigginpodgey good luck!

Last edited by Haley8203; 09-08-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #5  

Went over my calorie allowance a little last night, but with my gym session it has evened out. Aqua aerobics tonight which I love, really feeling the exercise vibe this week, when i am doing plenty of exercise i tend not to eat so much.
Hayleygirl82 - I did a course of pilates a few years ago, and wow do you feel it the next day, its great for toning though! You will really notice a difference at the end of the course.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #6  

Welcome pigginpodgey!

Haley - Your pilates class sounds awesome! I've got a bunch of Pilates CD's, I'll have to drag them out. I tried them when I was heavier and didn't enjoy tem. If you get some tips from your instructor, PLEASE share them here. I need all the help I can get when it comes to Pilates!

Things here are going very well! It's amazing how much more motivated I am when I don't consume all of my Flex points the first day of a new week.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #7  
Haley wants to run!

hey how is everyone doing? i havent heard any tips yet mindy but i have to say the class setting is so different. ive tried pilates dvds and eh they are collecting dust on my shelf...but when your at a class you have 20 other people doing it too. ive got in my 4 days of weights and my current cal average is 1840 omg i just need to make it 2 more days to get my 3rd star!!!!!

today my daughter starts ice skating...i have to use my student loans but im thinking of it as an investment lol i think she needs the structure of a recreation thing that she can do every week....hopefully it works out lol
Old 09-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #8  
Haley wants to run!

mindy we are both on the red team!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #9  

AWESOME!! I'm so glad we're on the same team!!

I'm sorry I've been AWOL. Didn't make my goals for this week.

Oh well. We'll start fresh tomorrow!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #10  
Haley wants to run!

1988 cal average! FIIIIINALLY!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #11  

Hmmm so I blew this week by eating like a pig all weekend : ( Its the weekends I struggle with sooooo much, I find it so hard to keep to my usual healthy eating. Anyway enough excuses! Today is a new day and I am all bouyed up for this week!! Going to exercise every day of the week, including the weekend, this week. I figure if i cant control myself not to eat everything on a weekend, i can at least try and reduce the damage with some exercise!!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #12  
Haley wants to run!

hey all....well after todays pilates class i feel as though ive been punched in the stomach lol my goals are weights 4 days 2000 cal average for the week and going to the gym 5 days.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #13  
Haley wants to run!

hows it going! im ok.....i ate a lot today but i will try and even out the rest of the week....i cannot keep up with the red team chat! everyday theres another 84593849384 posts lol i dont have time to read them all....how can i give support if i dont know whats going on
Old 09-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #14  

Hey guys!

Haley - Congratulations on making your goal!! Whoo-Hoo!!

I'm glad we're both on the red team!

I've been completely out of it. DH being home completely knocks me out of whack. He's been home for two weeks, will work two weeks, and then has another 2 weeks off. We've been arguing . . . We also helped my sister paint her house. A total drag, but it needed to be done.

I was probably on program last week, but didn't get to the computer to log all my points so I'm not sure. It's amazing how easy it was to get out of the habit of logging everything.

I read about the Red Team Challenge and am trying to stay on track this week with Points and exercise.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the red team and this challenge, too. How are you doing, Haley??
Old 09-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #15  

Well . . . I'm within my Points for the week, but don't have many Flex points left. I'll have to be very good!

How's everybody else doing?