Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #61  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I've been kinda of doing things a little different since week 6. I've been going the suggested distance instead of time.. so week seven I have been going for 2.5 miles.. takes me about 35 minutes..so i'm ten minutes of being on time.
After week 9 I am going to focus on making the distance in the correct time.. I guess I need t start speeding up!!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Well, I did Week 7 day 2 on the 20th, and day 3 today, I'm finding it all easier, and can jog up hills easily. I've started wearing sweaters with pockets, and can bring kleenex, a few dollars, and my cell phone just in case. Also DD's ipod. Now I've bought a little waist purse to keep my things in. It is really hard to find music to run to, I find most songs too slow, so I guess I'll have to download the podcasts.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #63  

I've got some good stuff downloaded that i jog too.
lots of hip hopppy stuff.. forever by chris brown is my fave as of right now. I always go faster when thats playing. hehe

I am starting week 9 this week!! I CANT BELEIVE IT! hehe

We are awesome.. guys!! jogging our little hearts out!
I did my last 2.75 miles in 34 mnutes.. so i need to work on speed.. but im focusing on distance first then going to work on speed after that.

I will post some songs that get me going soon!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #64  

Thank you, Abby. I hope I get an ipod for Christmas, so I don't have to crap up DD's with my stuff.
I went c25k-ing on the 24th, 27th, and today, so that makes me on week 9? WOW. I can't believe we're finishing this, Abby. Do you know how severely WE ROCK? Way Severely! We Rock!!
JamieJo and JulieJo, you girls are ACE! Keep going, I won't quit the club till we're all done!

Last edited by Kofarq; 10-29-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #65  

I CANT FREKAING BELEIVE THE FOLLOWING FACT: I HAVE OFFICIALLY COMPLETED THE C25K PROGRAM!!!!

and KOri.. YES we do severly rock!! we rock soo much that hardcore rockbands stop moshing when we jog by and tell each other.. 'wow.. those girls SEVERLY ROCK!'

hahah.. we are sll doing so great!! My goal now is to bring my time down by ten minutes by the 3FC turkey trot 5k! we will see!!

i wont be leaving this place till we ALL finish this thing! We are in it together!!

Last edited by mountain mama; 10-29-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I CANT FREKAING BELEIVE THE FOLLOWING FACT: I HAVE OFFICIALLY COMPLETED THE C25K PROGRAM!!!!

and KOri.. YES we do severly rock!! we rock soo much that hardcore rockbands stop moshing when we jog by and tell each other.. 'wow.. those girls SEVERLY ROCK!'

hahah.. we are sll doing so great!! My goal now is to bring my time down by ten minutes by the 3FC turkey trot 5k! we will see!!

i wont be leaving this place till we ALL finish this thing! We are in it together!!
HIGH FIVE!!!!!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #67  

Height: 5'6.5

WAY TO GO FAUX!!! I honestly don't know what I will do when that day comes for me. I think I might call a friend of mine who is a runner and always tried to get me to be a runner and ask her to go....if it's not too cold out! But I would like to be able to do it at 6MPH before I do that...I want to keep up with her!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #68  

I've done day 1 and 2 this week, but I hurt my toe, so the last time I went running I held my foot funny so my toe wouldn't hurt, and now my whole foot hurts so it'll be a few days until I can finish my last day!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #69  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Kofarq: I find iPods very expensive, but if you get them referbished then they are better. They come from apple with all the same warrenties, but cheaper. They say that they may have scratches, but I have bought 2 and my sister bought 1 and they all appeared and worked like brand new. I have had this one for 3 years and its still great. The cheapest one is only $40! Here is the website.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...od?mco=MTE2Nzc

I came to look at this thread for motavation. I wanted to see if anyone was still doing the program and working it. I did day 1 of week 3 today. It was a bit of a challenge, but at the end I realized that I did it on a slight incline. oops. I am running at 5.5. I am going to try to gradually up my speed so that its not an issue at the end. Any words of advise or wisdom?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #70  

Height: 5'6.5

Keep up with it gatorgirl!!! There are a couple other more active threads on the C25K. Check those out too!

Yesterday I completed week 7 day 1 and that is JUST CRAZY for me!!! Seriously. I honestly never really expected to get this far with it! Week 7 is running for 25 mins straight. Yesterday I started out about 4.4MPH and gradually put the speed up throughout. I ended at 6MPH for the last stretch. When I was in the first few weeks (I think up to about week 4) I was trying to do the runs in between 5 and 6MPH. Once I got up to having to run 8 mins at a time, I couldn't keep up with that speed. I just started at that time with my runs about 4.2 or 4.3 and worked up to higher speeds by the end of the run time and that is what I continue to do now. Oh, and I always have a 1.5 incline...just how my treadmill is... HOPE THAT HELPS! Let me know how it's going! Stick with it. It REALLY does work. Don't feel bad doing slower speeds. Once you can run for 25 to 35 mins without stopping, you can always work on your speed!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #71  

i agree with you Jamiejo. i have completed the program.. but it takes me 35-40 minutes to complete the 3 miles each day. I'm working on cutting it down to a shorter time. But hey. endurance and distance is my frist goal.. and now im working on the time.
gatorgirl.. go at your own pace..and before you know it you will be flying down the streets! or the treadmill.. or wherever you jog hehe
Old 11-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #72  

Thank you, Gatorgirl! I'd like one of those!
Today it is beautiful outside, and I think I'll go for a walk at least!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #73  

Default Wherin Kori Rocks The House

I finished it! Yay! I'm done!
Mathematically, it means I went jogging almost 40 times in the past few months (I did a couple of weeks twice)
Now to improve my speed!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yay, Kori! I know it feels fabulous!

LOL, I think we're all slow runners .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #75  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Hello again! I was looking at the program and I see that you can run for distance or time. I have been running for time and it ends up that because of my speed I am running further than the distances it calls for. My end goal is to run a 5k in whatever time, as long as I can run it without walking. My question to you is, when do you switch from time running to distance running? If I do that now, then I will be pushing myself less, but if I dont switch at some point, then I will be running for 30 min at the end, and I assume that it wont be fast enough to be a 5k. What did you all do?

EDIT: I just recalculated that... and I was wrong. Its about equal, so nevermind...

Last edited by gatorgirl6; 11-10-2008 at 09:20 PM.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote