Old 08-01-2008, 06:02 AM   #31  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies. Back to work. I am getting ready to head out just wanted to pop in and say mornin. Didn't get in my abs this morning because I didn't sleep well last night. Got my healthy lunch packed and ready to go.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #32  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

as soon as i'm out of the shower I'm making grilled chicken to go in my salad....WOOHOO!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #33  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning Girls

Just got to work. TOM is alive and kicking. up to 193.8 this AM. I can live with a 2lb gain considering the circumstances.

Nchelle - you have MUCH more restraint than I with smarmy people. I would have lit em up, both of em. Probably would have told Ralph "I may be fat but you're ugly and I can lose weight". Would have told the waitress to get me a double XL minus the attitude.

Man... that got me fired up!!!

Mtiger - howz that knee today? BF is still taking steriods for the swelling in his. Makes him funny mooded. I am an ibuprofin fan myself. Usually for shoulder stuff and TOM! Howz that mancub of yours?

Jcat - good girl on packing the tools! I got my lunch ready last night too. First time in a few days. Actually looking forward to it!

Shari - ahh... the lovely balancing of relationships, circle talk, and the ever prevelent sprinkling of life stresses. Hang in there sweetie. My best friend and I (32 years under our belts as BFFs) have been on a hiadious simply because our lives are both full chaos. We had 1 fight about the time I met my boyfriend a year and a half ago. It was horrible, uncomfortable, and yucky. But that is why we are friends - we love each other enough to get thru the funky spots. You'll figure it out.

Okay ladies... I am officially into my work day so Luna, HolyT, and the rest of ya have a good day. I'll check back in later.

Oh... one last thing. I am thinking about getting a tattoo on the small of my back as a reward when/if I ever reach the 150's. Looking for something to represent perserverance, faith in myself, fun, love of life.... Any suggestions???

Talk to you all soon!

Kris
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #34  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls! I am feeling better today, I knew I would! I hope Shari, you are feeling better too....girlfriends!

OMG how embarrassing...started my period last night over at the in-laws house while we were in a euchre tournament (sister in law and teenage kids from Columbus came up) so had to excuse myself to go home and wash up. I gotta get OFF this darn Depo shot, I had that one period in May and NONE since, then BOOM, big mess. If I were off this med, at least I would've seen this coming. Enough of that.

I wanna tattoo too! I love the lower back "tramp stamp" tat too! I would look for something in another language or something tribal but my luck it would say something like "Look at me, I'm a big fat goofball" or something. I worry about stuff like that! So I'm sure I'll just end up with something girly/pretty like a little rose or a heart or stars or something. I'm sure I would put ALOT of thought into it first...it's going to take me a LONG time to decide.

Swimming yesterday was fun! We went to a new water park where most of the water is ONE foot deep, so the kids can just run and play and the moms sun themselves and gossip. FUN DAY!

I go back to work MONDAY! Waaah! I'm enjoying vacay too much. But the good news is next week I work Monday, Thurs, Friday, so after monday, it'll still feel like I'm off for a while.

We're supposed to go back to the in-laws tonight (the above mentioned sister and kids are still here) and we're going to have a family poker tournament! How fun! otherwise nothing fun for the weekend planned. This weekend is Hall of Fame weekend (pro football) the parade is Saturday morning, but we decided to skip it this year. It's a big hassle to park, get up that early, get the chairs/blankets set out, and the parade itself is usually a big disappointment. Funny how people come from all over the country for HOF week, but us Canton-ers usually leave town or ignore the whole thing. I think there are fireworks Saturday night though, we'll go to those. FOOTBALL season AMY! The cowboys! The Browns! LET's get PUMPED!

Well enough lazing around the house.

Oh question! I suppose at some point you have to let your kids pick their own haircut, right? Even if the mom just thinks it's terrible? I remember growing up my brother wanted those shapes/lines shaved into his hair (think Vanilla Ice) and it killed my mom, but she let him do it....oh and she HATED the rattail, ugh. Well Robert is just DYING to get a mohawk. a MOHAWK. Yes. Like MR. T. Oh my goodness. I should have let him do it a month ago so it would be grown out by the time school starts. A freakin mohawk. My baby. Really!? What would you guys do?!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #35  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I'm tryin girl i'm tryin. I'm supposed to go to Training Camp on the 11, 12......somehow I don't think DH wants me going. You should've seen the look on his face when I said I could book a room at so-n-so hotel. Then again I think he's annoyed that I come home and give him crap because he's done nothing all day. Honestly, if I were on vacation, and he was home all day, do you really think he'd do half as much as I have while he's on vacation? Dishes, garbage, cleaning, shopping....any of it? No. But one mention of spending money and i get a dirty look. He says he doesn't care if I go or not. Well gee, i mean he went without me with his stupid friend and his wife and her friend. what a jerk.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #36  
Calorie Counter

Michelle boys hair grows so fast, I say let him experiment. It is only hair.

Nixie I have a few tattoos. I'll try to get a pic of my tramp stamp lets see I have a heart with a flower going through it (18th birthday) in my back toward my shoulder. I have a flowery anklet (21st birthday) I have a small wishing star on my forearm (also 21st b-day) I have a butterfly on the side of my lower leg (wedding gift from DH). I have the conji symbol for happiness I got after Makenna was born. and my Tramp stamp, 6th anniversary dragonfly with vines. I have never regretted any of them. My next will be a classic heart with two banners that say Makenna and Thomas. (that will be on the back of my neck.) Ok..... more than you ever wanted to know about me
Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #37  
Calorie Counter

Default I hope this works.

100_0381.jpg
Old 08-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #38  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Wow every place I go today people are talking about tatoos. I personally don't like them and would never in my life get one. I do like the art of it and it would be cool if they weren't permanent. Some of them are very pretty and symbolic, just not for me. But hey, everyone else, go for it.

I fully expected to gain this week and I did. I was up 1.4, but down a pound from yesterday. If I could stop with these little gains i could make better progress.

Jeni- I remember the fat pic but I seriously haven't made much progress this summer. Good luck resisting cake and good for Mak and her swimming.

Nix- To h*** with these 2 pound things. I'm sick of them, what about you? I am currently IM'ing my sons ex-GF. She is frustrated with him, as am I. I don't hardly ever see him or know when he will come home or not. He is hanging out with a group of theatre people and God knows what they are doing. Probably all the worst things. I try to remember that I was young once too and probably did the same. But it is frustrating. GRR!!

Michelle- TOM sucks sometimes, sorry. Hey, be happy your son is around and you can see his hair. Heck, a mowhawk is nothing. Mine is probably trashed every night. Yes he is 20, but man oh man. I'd give anything if our biggest dilemma was a haircut.

Okay, gotta go. Need to get some things done before bedtime.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #39  
mtiger

Wink

Wow Jeni. Is that across your whole lower back? It is pretty. Must have hurt like H***.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #40  
Calorie Counter

Yep, accross the whole thing. it hurt in spots, but I have a high pain tolerance.

my scale is irritating me. PMS is showing its ugly signs with water weight and salt cravings (not to mention sugar and chocolate).

work WEED today
Old 08-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I'm baaack. Need to be accountable every day so here I am, I am going to make the rest of August cheat free by....
Exercise at least 5 days a week
minimum of 15 miles a week running/walking
75 upper and 75 lower MMunches EVERY DAY
Eating 100% OP, nothing not in the plan, not a bit
At least 100 oz of water every day.

So here is today
W 100
E going running right now, then the crunches
E OP low carb all the way, no bites, licks, tastes
D I am worth it

I'll be back later to read thru what I've missed, but my piece on the hair, let him have it, it grows out. My kids both have curly hair like their momma, both have gone thru the long hair stage. OS is now short again, YS has beautiful long flowing curls. They keep it clean, grades are good, they are decent young men. (Oh yeah, right) or so I hear when folks see them out. It's all part of learning to make good decisions, you have to make some of your own to get the hang of it.
Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff.

Hope everyone is well!

Last edited by mothermavis; 08-02-2008 at 12:40 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #42  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I like the committed to christmas thing I might have to try that.....TOM is here and there's sugar and salt everywhere. Saw the new batman movie last night and it was so good. i have a feeling i'll be gaining this week, but i'm going to try and get a workout in every day, even if it's just walking on the treadmill. I need the exercise and i'm sure it'll help the crampies go away. be back later...got some schoolwork to do.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #43  
Calorie Counter

Hi MM!!!! How are you? I am so glad to see you! I think about you everytime I do my mmunches (on workdays).

HolyT: I hate the weeks we know we will gain.

No way I will win my contest TOM showing up at a terrible time. Oh well I didn't expect to be this close at all. I cant believe that I have actually lost 12 pounds over the past 5 months.

I love the committed to christmas idea, but I cant handle another thread to follow. I love my girls here.

Food was ok today, water pretty decent. I really need to step it up only 19 days until my trip and I so want to be in the 140's by then. May work some extra OT this coming week.

C ya on the flip side!
Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #44  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Sunday!

I'm sneaking on while all the house is still sleeping. So love to come here and catch up with a cup of coffee.

JCat - Love the tat! I have a high pain tolerance too - I think. But I have heard that the back, especially close to the spine is a B#%@*! I have been combing the internet looking for ideas. I went to a Celebration of Life service (memorial service) for a coworkers wife yesterday and her family talked about "grace". The energy and kindness and giving that this individual was so full of during her 8 year battle with cancer. It comes from the root word gratis or gratia. I sat there thinking... thats it, I thought. Gratis - the gift - someone who gives and asks nothing back. Looked it up on the internet and decided I probably shouldn't put something that means FOR FREE on my body . I do have a small heart with the Chinese symbol for soul on my bumm. But its hidden by my gianormous underwear at the moment

Mtiger - my dad is of the same mindset about tattoos. I must say that I am reluctant to permanently attach it my self. The bug is hard to suppress when you get it.

Well BF just woke up. Gonna have to run for the moment. Soooo not done posting. Will be back in a bit!

Glad your back MMavis!!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #45  
mtiger

Wink

Okay, you guys are used to me and my craziness. I swear I have the queerest body in the world and it makes me crazy. Last week I got down to 211.6, my lowest. Then all week long I gained and got back up to 214. Of course I didn't understand why. Now in the last 3 days I am down to 210. Did you hear that? I don't do anything different day to day, but my body is a freak. I guess I just need to chillax and just do my thing everyday and stop stressing about it. It's just that when I gain, I look at it as more work. Now I have to get that back off before i can move forward. I swear it has to do with my cycle and my age. I'll just have to deal with it.

MM- I also need the daily structure and accountability. I told my friend Friday I was going to just take it easy and see what happened. However, if I let it get out of control she was supposed to kick my butt and get it back in gear. I like to be pushed and challenged.

Holy- I never let TOM stop me. It is actually one of my best losing times of the month, so I take full advantage. Once it starts, I start to lose.

Jeni- You always put things into perspective for me. I have lost 41.5 pounds in 7 months and tend to complain that it is not enough. Then you come along thrilled that you have lost 12 in 5 months. I should be happy with what I've accomplished so far. I am going to work on that this week, being more appreciative. Thanks for the eye opener.

Nix- I like my morning post too. Nobody to bug me, just me and my gals. Hey, you keep up the good work. We are on a mission and will succeed.

I'll check back in later and see what everyones up to. WEE- will be normal.
D- You're not ordinary. You're extraordinary!