Old 07-30-2008, 04:36 AM   #16  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

Michelle ~ Thanks for the bday wishes. I'm kinda low key right now. I'm nowhere near any goal (wl or otherwise) that I set for myself by this time so I'm....just depressed. I'm trying my best to not let it get real deep. I just want to sleep for a while. I almost cried this morning because my mama forgot to call me and wish me happy birthday. I know that sounds silly but she stopped giving me parties when she got with Mr. David and I just love that little call early in the morning on my birthday. I forgave her, I know she's super busy with work and such but it really did hurt.

Now that I've put a damper on everyone's moods..... 'Night.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #17  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls!

Boobs, crowns, birthdays, sheesh... I'm gone for 2 days and everyone is screaming right along! Happy belated Shari!

Monday was supposed to be gym night, no go (shocking). BF went to doctor for knee problems that afternoon and was taken off any strenuous exercise for 10 days. Also put on steroids for the time time period. Did go grocery shopping though so good food is back in the house. Yesterday I ended up coming home from work with this lovely migraine I get once every 2 years or so. Starts out with jacked up vibrating vision, then 1/2 my face goes numb, then one arm, then the head starts pounding. Came home, slept most of the day. Gonna try to get back to good today.

JCat - earthquake was freaky. BF was in Orange County at UCI where he works, had called me minutes before it hit there and as he was finishing a sentence he says "Holy !!!! we're having and earth quake! About the time he finished (and I could here the duct work rattling on his job site) it hit here, about 75 miles away. Was long and loud and you never quite get used to them. When I was little, I lived in a 1920's victorian style house an my room was 2nd floor, hardwood floor and my bed was on wheels. Yeah, I rolled across the room in a good quake one year. FREAKY!

My son is moving out. Going to live with my mom and step dad and do college by them. Thank you Jesus. Will be a good change of environment for him, a great opportunity, and I don't have to do the worry part about him being completely on his own. Whew.

Okay... so back to weight loss land. Was at 194 this AM. No Bueno. Thanks weekend and TOM. Looks like I got my work cut out for me.... Normal weed today if at all possible. Will hit some personals later! TTFN
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #18  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Shari dear happy belated, my brain was stuck on stupid again and I missed everything.

i must be doing something right. Down 2 lbs today let's hope i can keep it up!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #19  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Mindy, I have normal fluctuations throughout the month. I have a very umm, whats the word, scheduled body shifts? 14 days into my cycle I get this ravenous hunger that isnt satisfied by anything even if I am stuffed I don't feel satisfied unless I am chewing/swallowing (I hate it but I usually give into it even though I tell myself with every bite I don't want it.) then the scale is up and down about 4 pounds until it comes. Then I have two weeks of nice scale readings and happiness. Normal body stuff.

Shari Happy Birthday I am so sorry you are so sad. You do need to give yourself a break, you are working two jobs and that is a huge obstacle.

Nixie I get migranes like that, I have only had one in the last ten years, but I used to get them every 2 days. Its the worst feeling. We have been through a couple of earthquakes here I hate that feeling.

Hurray HolyT!!

Went to the gym today, didn't run, my knee is feeling sore and gave out on me twice during my warm up. I stuck to the elliptical today. Workout wasnt too bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as when I run. Scale is back to 152 today (Im sure it has a lot to do with not eating enough yesterday, since I wasn't allowed my breaks I ended up at 953 cals. )
W 64 oz
E 65 minutes cardio (done) thinking about doing some abs and stretching later
E 1200 planned calories
D thinking about sorting throught the kids' toys so we can get rid of some of them.

Last edited by jcatron243; 07-30-2008 at 10:04 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #20  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Just a short note this morning, but Shari your story reminded me of one of my own a few years ago. Now I'm 32 years old now, but I must have been around 25 or so and my mom didn't call me either, and I called her the next day to tell her that hurt me and she said something along the lines of "well you didn't call ME either, and I was the one in labor for 48 hours with you" and blah blah blah. How bout that one? Maybe you should have called her, to thank her for having you....LOL Sorry honey! But I know whatcha mean, just a call would have been nice. Obviously when you get older it's not about gifts and parties, but sheesh. Love to you. xoxoxoo
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

Heyyy all you gorgeous ladies!! Sorry I've been a bit MIA, I've been way too busy for my own good. I haven't been to the gym since last Thursday, but I did help bf carry some heavy mulch bags around on Monday! I haven't gotten on the scale this week either, but I feel thinner. . . hopefully I'm not just deceiving myself haha.

When I was at my parents' house I found a pic of myself from 2002 where I'm in a bikini and at about 117! I'm now keeping it in my purse (it's one of those keychain things that you look through kind of like a telescope) as motivation! I never realized I was that skinny. . . but if I do say so myself, damn I looked good!

jcatron - have you tried the old RICE method for your knee? It's scary for a knee to give out during a workout! Good thinking on sticking to the elliptical today.

nixmom - wow, that's an intense migraine! Mine are never as bad as yours sounds. I hope you feel better soon!!!

jasonslea - I'm sorry you didn't hear from your mom I'm sure that hurt. . .but just cuz someone can be forgetful occasionally doesn't mean they love you any less. I'd put the hug emoticon here but I'm still newish and don't know how to do it on this quick reply thing . I hope you still had a fun birthday and just keep your chin up and things will get better. They always do

W - I need to quit reaching for the diet soda and just chug water!!
E - I'm going to the gym today and tomorrow. I really am.
E - Keep it around 1200 calories!
D - I remember what pizza, chocolate, chips, and soda all taste like. . .but I don't remember what 115 feels like! It's time to change that.

Happy Wednesday everyone, I hope all you lovely ladies have a fantastic second half of your week
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #22  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

my abs hurt from the workout yesterday. I'll have to inflate my Bean and my stability ball and get going again. I almost made it to sleep early last night. If i can get my cardio going in the am i'll be ok, and eating better in the evening that would help soooo much more. Just reaffirming the plan outloud
Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #23  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Jeni- I did research in my journal and it seems I usually have a little gain mid-cycle and then lose it, plus a little bit around the 1st or 2nd. Then I can lose a bit before TOM on the 15th. After TOM I lose some. SOme months are just messed up, but this seems to be the general rule. It is amazing how much I have learned about my body since Jan.

I went back to Biggest Loser DVD yesterday and today hoping it will help. I was still 213.6 today. Hoping for some loss soon. Eating is just not the problem. I know I've said it before, but it just shouldn't be this hard. I am trying to remain positive.

Shari- You know your mom loves you and I'm sure she didn't mean to forget.

Nix- Sorry about your migraine. I haven't had one in a long time, thank God. But I have had them pretty bad myself. If I even feel something funny coming on I pop some excedrin migraine and that helps. Good luck to your son living with grandma and with school.

Holy- Good job on the loss.

Michelle- Hope you are doing well.

Luna- Keep that picture in mind and you will keep working hard. I would have to go back so many years to find a picture that it wouldn't even seem like me.

Well I am beat from my workout. Going to shower and crash. See ya tom.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #24  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Ok i found the inflator for both my bean and my swiss ball. I gotta fix something good for dinner although I don't know what. I'll try to keep it as healthy as possible. We did some TaeBo today and I did it! I got all my water in for the day!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 AM   #25  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks yall. I know my mama loves me, I ended up calling her on my way to work and asked her why she didn't call me and she was like 'For what?' then 'Oh baby, I'm SO sorry!' I understand she's got alot on her mind, I'm over it. But the last two days have been just godawful. I knew I was going to be kinda depressed about my birthday and I really just wanted to chill. I ended up having to go to both jobs, my supervisor at the VA yelled at me, my mama forgot to call me and wish me happy birthday, and my BFF kept trying to 'cheer me up' when I told her that I would be okay after my birthday was over and to just leave me be for a minute. Then today, I woke up in a good mood, got to work and my other supervisor yelled at me as soon as I walked in the door. Then we were severely shortstaffed so everyone had to do like three times the work as usual and my back and arms were screaming when it was all over. I called Nikki (BFF) and she just jumps on me because I didn't call her last night. Well I got off work from Valero at 130 in the morning and I wanted to call her but I figured that she had to be up at 7 am for work so I said I would call her today. She was pissed off because I talked to Kittie but didn't call her. Well Kittie called ME while I was on the bus and by the time I got off the phone with her, I was walking into Valero to start my shift. So she fussed at me for like ten minutes, talking stupid stuff like she thought I was going to kill myself yesterday and she was the only one who wanted to cheer me up, which is NOT true, my lil sister and brother and stepfather all called and left me messages on my birthday, so did my cousins and auntie and she's mad because I talked to Kittie and not her. I ended up getting so angry I just hung the phone up and wanted to punch a hole in something. Everytime we fight, she manages to make me feel like a ****ty person and I just didn't want to hear it today. I called Kittie cause I wanted to vent and she was as confused as me. But I decided I'm not calling her again till she calls me. I'm too tired for this bs!

Ugh, rant!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #26  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm up early just feeling sorry for myself....

I got all done up to go play in my poker tournament last night. Well let me back up. I sat on this damn computer ALL DAY long, eating in my kitchen, just grazing my way through the cupboards. So I felt bad and lazy enough about that. So I made dinner for the family and didn't eat any of it. Got done up and went to play in my tournament. Was having so much fun. I busted out in the tournament early, did not catch one good hand. Not one. Went over to the cash game and immediately won about 50 bucks. Slowly chipped away at that, up and down, eventually ended up in the hole but came home with over 100 bucks.

Did I mention I got plastered drunk off my butt? Oh dear goodness. I ended up doing shots AND drinking beer, which we all know is a horrible combination. Figure in too, that I had been eating ALL day long, but probably NOTHING after around 4 pm, I was hammered by 9.

Then over comes old friend Ralph. Here's a guy I know fairly well, just from the poker circuit. He tends to flirt with me (all the girls, really) even though we all know he has a really sweet and pretty (but a little dingy) wife. He's a good 15-20 years older than me. And I was all laughing and having a good time, drinking, playing cards, and he comes and sits right next to me, puts his arm around my shoulder and says, "well I think I'll sit on this side of the table, where all the FAT people are sitting!" and just like that, I just lost it. I felt my eyes fill up. (yes. did I mention I was DRUNK?!) And I totally said something crappy back to him, got all pissy for awhile and didn't say anything else. And I felt better because he kept trying to apologize, tell me he didn't mean that the way it came out, etc.

I just want to tell people, "I've lost FIFTY pounds just so you can call me FAT!?" It's ridiculous.

I went on to take much of his money.

But still. That comment is just really lingering with me. I'll be over it by the time the hangover is done, but still. I have thicker skin than that.

So I might as well mention the other "fat girl" story, just to get it off my chest.

On the shore on vacation, we ate at one of our old favorite restaurants. They sell souvenirs, mugs, shirts, etc. and I asked the waitress if we wanted a t-shirt should we buy it seperately or just add it on to the bill(Mike wanted a shirt, not me). She said, either way would be fine.....so later, right before the check came out, I said something like "OH by the way, and we would like to buy a t-shirt too" and she paused, looked at me, and said "WHAT SIZE?" But you'd have to hear the tone in her voice as she looked at me. But the restaurant was crowded and loud, and I yelled something like, "I know how you just treated me and that's not right!" But it got lost in the mix, she went to get the shirt and our check, and I asked my party (DH's sister, hubby and 2 teenage kids) if they noticed how she responded. DH said he didn't catch it, maybe I was just reading too much into it, but his sister said she noticed. (women usually do)

So the waitress brought us our check and the t-shirt with its bill, saying she didn't add it on the check because it would affect the gratuity (already added on because we were a party of eight) So Mike signs the check, even ADDS on a tip....must have MISSED that part where the twit ALREADY put on the gratuity....so in essence, he tipped her EXTRA for insulting me!

I wasn't really that upset with that at the time, in fact I thought DH was kind of a bonehead for tipping EXTRA. But like I said I'm having a pity party for me, so it's all coming to the surface now.

Today I'm supposed to take the kids with a group of my work friends to the water park. I'm sure we'll have fun. I'll feel better in a little bit. Hangovers plus insults are just not a fab combination for me this morning.

xoxoxoxo love to all Michelle

One more edit, drunken dehydration, and throwing up half the night, netted me a 251 on the scale this morning. ha ha

Last edited by NurseMichelle; 07-31-2008 at 08:44 AM.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #27  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Michelle- I don't have the excuse of too much drinking, but I'll jump in on the pity party with you. Lately a few people have mentioned that I look smaller and I just want to scream at them "I'm not, I haven't lost hardly a thing lately." I am so frustrated with weight loss this summer I just want to give up. I have noticed I tend to go up a bit around the 1st (ovulation) then down, but back up a bit before TOM and then down. However, I feel like all I am doing is going up and down the same few pounds this summer. And quite frankly it pisses me off. I am working too hard to get zero results.

I went back to my BL DVD on Tues. and Wed. night. I kicked butt and what do I get today. 214 on the scale. I am now up from 211.6 last Friday and weigh-in is tom. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to it. I'm sure I will show a gain.

Shari- My daughter and BFF have a relationship kind of like that. One minute they are the best of friends and the next they are fighting over something stupid. My daughter takes a lot of crap from her and it used to make me mad. Now I just step back and realize this is just how they are. They always patch things up. Don't stress about it. It all works out in the end.

holy- Good job on the taebo.

See ya all tom. with my sorrowful news from the scale.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #28  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~ people had been telling me how much smaller I looked when I had only lost a couple of pounds in 5 months. I was so frustrated that I wasn't where I wanted to be that I forgot how much I had done. Plus muscle is leaner than fat so even if you are weighing the same your body is shaping up differently. Want to see my picture of fat versus muscle again?

Shari~ I'm sorry you had such a bad couple of days. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. You will have better days.

Michelle First of all that girl at the restraunt "WHAT?" I would have followed her to the counter and made sure she heard me. I'm sorry about what the guy said to you. You have accomplished so much. please remember that.

Yesterday was a terrible eating day for me. I mean I ate so much junk, until my stomach hurt. I don't do things like that. Thank goodness I go back to work tomorrow. I could barely move by the afternoon. I iced my knee and took some Ibprofen. it feels much better today, but I decided I needed to take the day off from my workout, DH told me just to go in and do weights, and my arms. Maybe I shoud have but I skipped it today.
I have a birthday party to go to today, I can skip cake no problem. I will have an awsome day today. I plan on making something quick and easy (but healthy) for dinner. Swim lessons tonight Makenna has learned so much this week, and her stamina has been built up so much. She can swim accross the pool! Of course she comes home eats dinner and passes out after lessons, but man she is doing so great.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #29  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

You poor girls. I hope it gets better. I just have the lazy DH and crappy work...nothing new for me.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #30  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

We can get together and give RAlph a good old fashioned butt-whoopin Nchelle if you like....