Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge - Week 9!

Okay, last week I didn't count right: today, there is only 2 weeks left!

I'm 99% sure that I will not get anywhere near my Memorial Day goal but I don't care! I'm just too psyched to be moving into my new place, FINALLY! Friday, another chapter begins and I can get back on track! So happy!

to a GREAT week!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

JL_ good luck with your move, so glad it's here for you!
Aud- congrats on the win!!

Sounds like eveyone is having some struggles with food and exercise right now.

Today is my day to get back on track. I know a large part of mine is just bloat. I ate like crap all week, but not enough to have gained almost 8 pounds like the scale says. Today is back on track, stay away from the candy at work!!

W- 6 BOTTLES (3l)
e still having tough time with that, neck/back is still rough. Maybe a walk at lunch
e OP, have to have a plan to stay OP!!
d don't even pass the candy dish, stay away.

Last edited by mothermavis; 05-12-2008 at 06:14 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Boy, you guys really got going early this AM!! Just got back from a 2 mile walk, haven't stepped on the scale yet - I'm almost afraid. Scale was down 2 pounds on Saturday, but then ate out 3 times after that! I'll be back in a bit with an update - cross your fingers for me!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Went down 1 pound this week, but I know there's another one waiting to come off. Ah, sodium, the bane of my existence!!! I'll pound water today and see what happens. 11 pounds to go until I'm 1/2 way to goal. Who'd'a thunk?!?

WEED for the week:
W - 4-5 bottles
E - 4 miles walking per day
E - on plan, on plan, on plan
D - Oh, my gosh, I'm really doing this!!!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Good morning everyone! Heard about the earthquake in China? I was in it - I live abot 350 miles from the epicenter. It was scary, but everything's OK in my city. The new is not good from a neighboring province. Please pray and think about them.

JL - YAY! I'm so happy for you! Have a great time getting settled in to your new place.

MM - Don't even THINK of going near the candy dish. You can do it!

MusicT - I am so in awe of you, with your 4 mile a day walking habit and at least 1 pound loss. Woo hoo!

As for me . . . I exercised today! I'm embarrassed to admit this, but a couple of times last week I put on my workout clothes, put the DVD in the players, and then . . . washed dishes, or lesson planned, or sent email. Ridiculous, I know. But today I did my TJ 20 minute workout, and I'm going to do it tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, and then start up the longer DVDs again. I've had the exercise habit once, I can get into it again!

Have a great day, everyone! Happy Monday!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Quick check in. Just scanned the posts. I too ate bad over the weekend. JenM glad everything turned out okay for you during/after the quake. I'm back on track today and just finsihed some yoga.

WEED:

W- get back to it.
E- OP & Mindful
E- Yoga- done
D- peace

Will check in later with personals
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning my lovilies! I managed to work out 3 times last week - which is a great improvement over the previous ones! I'm going to increase that this week! I have 818 more mins to go to hit my exercise goal this month!

I don't have a lot of time - so here's my WEED for today

W - 64+ oz
E - like my 6 year old.. I'm sure it'll work! (She packed my lunch today.. 2 slices of cheese, an apple and some mini-ritz crackers - suprizingly it was enough for now - and I have an apple for later too!)
E - GET MOVING!!! Need to average 46 mins a day from now until end of May to hit goal!
D - It is Our Choices that Show what We Truly are Far More then Our Abilities
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

SO glad you are safe jen! Just hear about the earthquake in another Thread and a friend who is in Thailand. All are in my prayers.

I am in a persistant vegetative state this Challenge/time . . . but do love keeping up with all my WEED'er friends and know that hopefully sooner than later, I'll get a grip, ya know?

WTG musicT!

YAY for Moving Day jlea!

Hiya Mmavis & tx for the congrats!

I'm with eny - candy is a NO-NO grazer!

ttyal . . . trying to move this butt outside for awhile!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

spent 2 hrs taking photos of the house today. went in with the inspector we hired I am wiped out, as usual. i ordered super high calories for lunch and ate only half of it. I STOPPED WHEN I WAS FULL!!!!!!!! (this is a big deal for me cuz the nachos ARE good and normally i'd shove the whole thing down)

now if i could just get the water down today i'd be happy

Glad you're doing ok JenM....wb to all the MIA's. lol like i've got room to talk ROFLMAO

Last edited by Holyteror; 05-12-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: cuz my brain's on school mode and it's brokey
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

BTW i was outside for a while today and wished i was still there. it sure was nice. like friday when i took the day off, i had to take my car back to the wally-world so they could tighten the drain plug on the oil pan since it was leaking and they'd just done the oil change.....i didn't want to go back to work then either....it was so refreshing to see what people do outside the office.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JL- I'm with you- not going to make my goal for this challenge and feeling okay with it. Good luck with the move!

MM- I hear ya' about the candy. I wish I could stop at one or two. I just love sugar!

MusicT- WTG on the loss and the walking.

JenM- It was just last night I put on my workout clothes, couldn't find a video that interested me, so I put my PJs on. I like TJs too!

Eny- Great job on exercising three times last week. I might try an exercise goal next challenge.

Aud- I love your sense of humor. What songs will we sing this week?

HolyT- Glad to see you listened to your hunger cues. I really struggle with that, especially at dinner.

I pretty much met all my WEED for today. Gonna try for it again tomorrow!

W- keep'er goin'
E- Mindful
E- cardio
D- everything in balance
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!

Jen I am so glad you are okay! I heard about it while I was at work.

I hope everyone had a good mothers day. I have been so depressed the last few days I haven't worked out, ate well or anything. So far today I have been better. My mood is better, talked to Tommy's doctor and the EEG is still on, he told me not to worry it'll be fine (it felt good hearing the doctor say it.) Decided I can't do anything about my sister (still sad and frustrated there) but I am going to focus on keeping my neices and nephews feeling loved and appreciated. I really want to go for a run tonight, but I think I will wait till tomorrow and spend some good quality time by myself and working out my frustrations.

Anyway times a wasting and I want to do dishes.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #13  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I had said I wanted to lose 15 pounds during this challenge. Well I completely forgot how much I weighed when we started. So on Sunday I went back and figured it out. And guess what. I have lost 12 pounds since we started. I whine and complain a lot, and there are times I feel I am getting nowhere. But then I go back and look and what do I find? I have actually lost an average of 1.5/week. WOW!!

Jeni- Try to relax and not worry. Get yourself back on track and you will feel better.

Holyt- I spent a little time in my yard tonight. I have so much to do and so little time. I can hardly wait for summer vacation. Congrats on closing the feeding trough down when you were full.

Aud- Jump on in there any ole' time. There is no time like the present.

Eny- 46 min. a day sounds like a lot, but it is doable. I get upset if I miss a day. I feel I've got to stick with it or else.

Jen- Glad you are safe. I'm sure the whole area is in turmoil. I would be freaking out. What is the TJ video? I just started doing Jillian's Shred level 2. Kill me now.

Music- Congrats on the pound. Ever single one of them counts. YEAH!!! 4 miles/day. Great job.

MM- Yes, you get back in the saddle, and without the candy. Mine is carbs. Crackers, veggie chips, pretzels, etc. At least I am counting them in my plan.

Shari- Have fun moving into the new place. Once you are settled we expect big things from you.

W- One more to go
E- 50 min. walk with a little jog.
E- Around 1400
D- You make things better just by being you.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, thanks for the good vibes.

JenM, so glad you are safe.

Still working on getting the back better, think I'm going to make an appt with either the Acu or chiro in the next few days if it doesn't get quite a lot better.

I stuck with mostly good choices yesterday, stayed away for the candy and was rewarded with .8 gone again, so will try to increase the water more today and see how I do!

Played tennis last night with OS (he is 20), I'm lousy at it, but did get me moving and both of us laughing so all was good.

W 3L at least
E OP
E trying to take it easy. A walk at lunch sounds great.
D Don't even walk by the candy dish. Baby steps.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I didn't workout yesterday as planned. My allergies were KILLING me (not much better today) so i was in bed by 9!!! (completely unheard of!!!) And it still took every once of my being to get out of bed this morning.. ugh. I love Spring - if all the pollen would stay away!!!

I did pretty good eating and water intake... and I'm still motivated... so that's good.

Here's today's Hit
W - DRINK IT!!!
E - DD packed lunch again today.. had an apple for Breakfast (I don't like eating breakfast!) - so far so good!
E - Get out there and MOVE IT!!! Do a video, take a walk DO SOMETHING Energetic!
D - "True commitment begins when we reach the point of not knowing how we can possibly go on, and decide to do it anyway."

Have a GREAT DAY GIRLS!!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote