Old 06-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Shari - GOOD LUCK!!! I know that interviews can be stressful - but stay strong girly!!!It's good to see you back! And yes I will be starting a Labor day challenge as soon as this one is done... only 8 days left! It's GREAT to see you back babe! Oh - and WTG on avoiding the binge today.

Lumi - GOOD FOR YOU! You need time to do your miles so you can hit 500 by Christmas! (see I pay attention to tickers!)
I didn't do my night workout yesterday - I was BEAT! My DD and Neice had a slumber party last night, and after baking 10 dozen cookies (which I only snuck 1!) and playing candy Land, Jumpin' Monkey's and Make-overs I was more exhausted then they were! I was in bed by 10!
I did do 20 mins tonight though, and I was also walking a TON today outside for my sister's graduation party. I'm beat and my leg muscles arent' very happy with me! I'm going to relax them tonight and maybe get BF to rub them so I can get back to the regular 75 mins/day program come Monday. Sunday is my Yoga/Pilates day! I LOVE that day!

One thing that I can say for me though is I have exercised EVERYDAY this month! 13 days is quite an accomplishment for me! Also - a dear friend that I haven't seen in months said that I was looking really good today... it made me smile

Ok girls - I'm off for now - but here's the quote for today/tomorrow (since it's late)

"Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you."
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:25 AM   #122  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Eny ~ I bet you look hot as always!

Okay this is the SECOND time this manager has bailed out on me and if it wasn't for the fact that Valero is the ONLY 24hour place within walking distance of my apartment, I would flip the skank off and be done with it. But no, I will go up there tomorrow morning and MAKE HER see me dammit, I don't care how busy she is.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 AM   #123  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Chicks
Over eating and over drinking is not conducive to weight loss
I don't want to say what I must do
I am discussed with myself.
I hate being this fat and yet I haven't been doing all I can do to get healthy.
The good news is: I am still checking in here and find encouragement from what others are saying.
Evy: Thanks for every effort you put into this and I will do better on the next challenge whatever it is.
Babygal
Babygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #124  

Baby - Don't be so hard on yourself. There comes a point inwhich you realize that only you can make a difference in your image. Only you can change. You need to think about why you really want to lose the weight - if it's simple a looks thing - you're never going to get there. If it's because you're "certain" that you're feel better about yourself - that's unfortunately not the case either - and more then likely it's the skewed self-image that got you here in the first place. YOU HAVE IT IN YOU TO CHANGE! But you have to do it for the right reasons... because you ALREADY LOVE YOURSELF - Because YOU WANT TO STAY AROUND FOR A LONG TIME!!! I know that you CAN and WILL do this - and baby - i'm right here - EVERYSTEP OF THE WAY! to you or to whichever you need at that particular moment.

When you fall off - KEEP POSTING - Let us help you through the hard times! Besides, if you're fingers are busy typing - then they can't be shoving food into your mouth (yes that's one of the reasons that I'm on here so much!) Ok I'm done lecturing... Remember I do this because I do care - and because ALL of us know what being Fat feels like!!! IT SUCKS!!!

Shari You're too sweet honey! :blush: I would do exactly what you said - go and MAKE her see you! It's good to see some self assurance coming out of you!!!

I'm not sure what the focus of the next challenge is going to be yet - I like staying away from the scale and finding other way to show progress... I did falter a little during this one too - and I'm still in a 14/16 and not a 12. I'm ok though... I'm still making progress and moving forward. I'll figure out some sort of cutesy thing though - you know I will!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #125  
Babygal

Default In It Too Win It

Oooh Evy I feel the luv
I do need to focus on the fact that I am doing this because I want to be healthy and live to see my grandson grow up to be a darling young man. My posting and reading other people post has helped me not give up and that is great within itself.
I did overeat today however, it was on baked chicken and veggies. I made creamcheese sweet potatoe pie for the Fathers in the family but I only ate a small piece, that was great for me.
I may be crawling but at least I am moving forward.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #126  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

lovies!

TOM decided to come along today, right before my WI of course. Jackass. Oh, well I guess my focus for this week is to not binge or kill anyone.

Speaking of which, I finally got an interview of sorts with that manager from Valero. Basically....I got the job. Of course we have to wait for the background check to come back and since I haven't heard of the police discovering any of those bodies, it's just a matter of when it comes back. She says it might take up to a week since I'm from out of town but she wants me to call back on Wednesday because if it's back, I can start Thursday. She says she will work around my schedule at the VA, even giving me the same off days if possible. She asked me all kinds of questions that had **** to do with the job and we ended up just talking for over an hour. I charmed the **** out of her! We haven't even 'officially' got the word back but already she got my shirt size, told me never to go back into the cooler when I work graveyard, showed me where the alarms are under the counter, and showed me the little mini alarm every employee gets to carry on their keychain in case of emergency like slip and fall. She even offered me a free drink as I was leaving.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #127  

AWESOME Shari! Good Job!

Baby - crawling counts. And remember - a child often reverts back to crawling when learning to walk.. just DON'T STOP MOVING FORWARD!!!!

My weigh in wasn't good this morning. I'm at least down from the last official weigh in - but up from mid-last week *sigh* I know TOM is looming around (he's actually a few days late) and the potato wedges and candy bar last night probably didn't help! I need to STOP sabotaging myself. I'm committed to the 45+ mins of exercise this week again. I HAVE to do this!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #128  
Babygal

Shari: Hey, ya got ta do what ya gotta do, if charm works then thats what we do. Good job girl and I wish you success in your future.

Eny: Take it easy, embrace the struggle!

Fat Check=no changes yet.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #129  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Enylove ~ I'm pretty sure I'm going to be cursing TOM tomorrow morning after WI. Damn him. BTW I checked out some of your pics on Myspace, you and Hunter are just gorgeous!

Baby ~ It worked for me!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #130  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Down .6 this morning. TOM is in full effect.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Well...i dropped no inches and only 2 pounds this whole challenge. But ya know what...i'm okay with it. I did manage to buy myself a 2 peice this year...it's boy short bottoms and the top has only strings in the back, but the front has a long front like a tank-kini top. It's pretty cool...next year i'll be in a real 2 peice but i'm pretty cool with what i was able to wear this year. Also, i just bought me a new outfit yesterday. I got a size 4 dress slacks and a size small top. Thinking back before i started my weightloss journey, i was wearing a tight 16 and xl shirts...so, i guess i've made alot of progress already.

I'm not giving up or anything, i'm just giving myself some room to feel proud of what i have done already and just keep striving to make myself better. I started back at the gym last night after being out for over 2 weeks and got 3 miles in. going back tonight too.

Last edited by lumifan4ever; 06-18-2008 at 02:40 PM.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #132  
Babygal

Lum: You darn well should be proud of you. My 16's are way too tight, so you have done what some of us are still trying to do. Good Job!.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Thanks babygal. Well..that just lets you know it can be done and you will do it. You too can be down to a size 4. It just takes will power and determination and i'm sure you have plenty of both!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #134  

Ok girls - 3 days left of the challenge. I feel good - even if I'm not in 12's. Maybe i'll hit it be Labor Day right?

I'm glad you girls have stuck with me... I know we all have ups and downs... but we're going to conquer this!

Things are going good on this end. Had a little much at lunch, but I'm still ok. This means that dinner will be later due to me still being full
Old 06-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #135  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Lumi ~ You have done AWESOME already! Proud of you!

Eny ~ You'll be in 8s by the time Labor Day comes around!

Oh man, it's a crappy, awful day for my friends. First off, it's been a awful week for my BFF Nikki. First, she gets into a fight with a neighborhood guy, then she gets into a car wreck and breaks two bones in her face, then they turned her power off yesterday, and this morning her grandpa died. Then today my friend Sunshine COMPLETELY spazzed and now Nikki and Kittie aren't talking to her. Then Kittie just called me crying. Her dad is very very sick and we're pretty sure he's going to die sometime soon and he is the only blood Kittie has left so.......it's like when everything is going awful for me, my friends are doing good but as soon as stuff starts going my way, things go downhill for them!