3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   February "boot camp" challenge... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/132482-february-boot-camp-challenge.html)

horsey 01-25-2008 05:28 PM

February "boot camp" challenge...

Anyone else pushing for weight loss in Feb and want to join me in a boot camp challenge? I need to lose 10 lbs by my birthday in early March, 2 lbs per week.

Challenge will include cutting calories to 1200-1400 per day with one "cheat" day (one meal), cutting carbs, increasing protein. Exercise will be 1 hour at least per day of cardio (including for me a few boot camp and tae bo workout dvds) with weights three times a week. One day off per week if wanted.

This is a boot camp challenge so the cardio and workouts need to be more "intense" then usual this month.

horsey 01-26-2008 05:35 PM

My day 1 bootcamp, going to keep calories at 1200 today, mostly low carb meals and snacks.

Did 20 min of kickboxing and 20 min of bootcamp from the Ultimate Body Challenging workouts for Weight loss, Megan is tough.

Then did 30 min of Tae Bo, the basic DVD, Billy is strange but he's getting me in boot camp mode.

Also I'm inspired by the Biggest Loser show, picked up the book Winning by Losing by Julian Michaels at the library. She says to really "rev it up" to lose weight. So for me it's one hour a day to try to kick 10 lbs.

sockmonkey70 01-26-2008 06:01 PM

This sounds fun! I would like to lose some weight before my March birthday too! The end of March is actually my one year anniversary of when I started this journey :)
I will try to hang with you, b ut I am notorious for ducking out of 3FC for weeks at a time.

2beautiful2Bfat 01-26-2008 06:06 PM

I'm up for the challenge. is it starting now or in feb?

GloryAwaits 01-26-2008 07:37 PM

I'm in. :cheer2: I would like to reach my first goal of 171 by March 1st and I need a cardio kick in the butt as I have slacked off on exercise. ;) So to fullfill bootcamp I'll shoot for 6 days a week cardio, anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes depending on intensity level.

I just started Weight Watchers - 189 as of last Thursday Am and I am going for my 10% goal of 171.

I will start tomorrow which is Sunday January 27 and post my first day results. See you then! :hug:

Julie:carrot:

horsey 01-26-2008 08:22 PM

It starts NOW, it's almost Feb so I titled it Feb. I'm feeling so GOOD after a 1 hour workout of bootcamp and tao bo dvd's. I'm going to TRY to do 1 hour a day six days a week here for the month... plus a modified South Beach diet - which I love - steak and shrimp galore, yum.

YEAH I have bootcamp buddies! Anyone else have some bootcamp, kickboxing, tae bo dvds? For some reason I like them the best when trying to lose weight as they make you work out so hard and seem to really burn the fat.

How on earth does one do an hour of hard exercise a day? I'm thinking I'll have to split it up, maybe 20 min in the am and more at night when I like to work out. An hour at a time bores me although I made it today.

horsey 01-28-2008 12:57 PM

I did 45 min weights and cardio last night, really pumped it up on my home exercise bike.

Lekhika 01-28-2008 02:17 PM

I am IN! I want to lose 6 pounds by my vacation in April and am going to stop dilly dallying around and get my butt in gear NOW!

My problem as of late has been fitting in exercise. My eating has been on track but I've stalled as far as loss is concerned because I haven't thrown myself into my routine like I used to.

Plus I need to eat more lean meat. So...yeah. IN FOR FEB!!

sockmonkey70 01-28-2008 10:16 PM

Just checking in. On plan for 2 days and I AM EXCITED! Now I just have to jumpstart the old exercise motivation.

horsey 01-29-2008 11:51 AM

It's hard to REALLY motivate oneself isn't it? I workout at home, sometimes I think I need to join the gym again. But if I can really stick with this I know I can lose the weight, I've already dropped a lb, and I think I'll drop another 1-2 this week if I can keep this up.

Lekhika 01-29-2008 01:36 PM

Worked out hardcore yesterday.

Eating is on plan today and I WILL workout again this evening.

horsey 01-29-2008 05:10 PM

I ended up skipping yesterday, it was my DAY OFF. So I'll have to workout hard every day the rest of this week. I think this exercising hard can lead to burnout so maybe we have to take one day off? I had a headache and didn't feel good. But I'm UP today. Will workout hard this evening too.

Chris 01-29-2008 08:18 PM

I kickbox twice weekly at a Tae Kwon Do academy and it is tough. I also kickbox at home once weekly to a dvd. (I find the Tae Bo with Billy Blanks not as difficult as others that I have ... there is a boxing dvd I have that is really tough so I tend to do that one more often.) However, the academy is much harder than all and I'm sure I burn more calories. I just started on these forum boards and am up for a challenge, for sure. Besides the kickboxing 3 times a week, I do weights 2 times a week, treadmill 3 times a week for at least 45 min but mostly 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours and always take a day off. I'll try to post my results for February --- I'm just looking for a 4 lb loss for the month. I figure any loss is better than nothing.

Chris

Twentytogo 01-29-2008 08:57 PM

This is just what I need. I will be doing Slim n Six, I'm finishing week 1 Friday. Its an hour long of squats, kicks, lunges, crunches, resistance bands, you name it. I did it before with amazing results. I also will add in other video workouts i have such as turbo jam. I really want to loose 7 pounds in February. Ready to ROCK :D

Twentytogo 01-29-2008 10:20 PM

I was just reading thru some other posts here and realized this is starting now? Good for me, had a pretty good day. 82 minutes of sweating it out. Well 12 minutes of it included an ab routine that I want to try to do every other day.