Old 05-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Default Bikini-ready challenge

Hello everyone -

I'm launching the Bikini-Ready Challenge! We are going on vacation at the beginning of July, and in a few short weeks I want to do my best to firm-up and slim down my post-baby #2 body. No crash dieting, but I will be doing some damage control, so here's my special Bikini-Ready plan:

Exercise: Slim in 6 (workout 6 days a week as directed, do Pilates on Sundays)

Diet: moderate carb, lower fat, high fiber nutrition plan resembling The Ultimate New York Diet.

If you, too, have worked out a special plan to get ready for the beach, please join me! Post your "special occasion" plan here (exercise, nutrition and anything else you feel you should include), so we can keep each other accountable!

Let's keep strong and focused together!!

Last edited by FitMomEB; 05-16-2007 at 07:20 AM.
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #2  

Location: Champaign, IL relocating to Irivine, CA in a month!

S/C/G: 198/183/133

Height: 5'6"

Im in...I move to cali at the beginning of july so looks like we need to slim down in the same amount of time
abbs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #3  

Hi Abbs!

Please share your workout and nutrition goals for the challenge so we can keep each other accountable
Old 05-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #4  

for my nutrition goals im eating 4 meals...beakfast lunch snack and dinner. For breakfast i try and have a carb and a protein, Lunch i have a carb a protein and some veggies, snack i try and have a fruit or veggies, and for dinner i have a carb protein and a veggie. If im in a hurry for a meal ill usually pack a protein bar and just eat that...but not one for every meal. And for my carbs i try and make them as healthy as possible like bread ill eat wheat instead of white. I also am going to be drinking A LOT more water. For exercise i try and get in 30-45min a day (morning) with running, biking, or aerobics and then in the evening every other day i will do weight training...and pilates on sunday!

Well that is my plan if you have any ideas or anything please share
Old 05-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #5  

That sounds great! Have you started already?

I'm amending my exercise program, because I haven't received Slim in 6 yet. I'll do as follows:

Mon, Wed, Fri: Tae-Bo Bootcamp Live! (kickboxing plus resistance bands)
Tue, Thu, Sat: Pilates
Sun: yoga

I have to stick to workouts that are 20-30 minutes right now because my little one is not very patient and there's no way I can workout for 45 minutes or an hour straight! So I have to up the intensity so I get more done in less time. I'll also try to sneak in some rebounding during the day.

Last edited by FitMomEB; 05-17-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #6  

yea i started two days ago...im going to try and get a workout in today...i have to work two shifts today for work though so after im done with this i will try and get a quick workout in.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #7  

well, I'm doing good as far as food goes, not so goos with the exercise. I simply cannot exercise when I'm home alone with the baby! So I made a deal with dh that every evening I'll eat earlier and then exercise while they eat, and on Saturday mornings he'll take the girls so I can exercise and have some me-time

I'm really hoping to get the other video I have on the way, "Your best body fast" because I don't think I can handle the tae-bo right now. I'm also planning to go to Target tomorrow and find a couple of cardio videos.

Should we establish a weight-in day? Do you think we should do measurements too?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #8  

Quote:
made a deal with dh that every evening I'll eat earlier and then exercise while they eat, and on Saturday mornings he'll take the girls so I can exercise and have some me-time
If that's what you need, great. But does it mean that other than Saturday mornings and during dinner, the man you made the kids with doesn't take care of them at all? Just you?
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
If that's what you need, great. But does it mean that other than Saturday mornings and during dinner, the man you made the kids with doesn't take care of them at all? Just you?
No, it doesn't mean that, and to be honest aside from being off-topic that sounds a bit judgemental.

My dh is one of the few who helps any way he can and any time he can with the kids AND the household. He does the laundry and goes grocery shopping every single week, and helps with other things as needed, most times without even being asked.

This was simply a change in schedule I needed his agreement on since it means that we won't be eating dinner together, and since dinner is the only meal we have all together during the week, I think it's only fair that I get his opinion.

Are you joining the bikini challenge?
Old 05-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #10  

hi..
can I join? I've been looking for a slim in 6 thread, but there wasn't one and this fits in with my plan too...i want to be around the 140's by august. This will be my 4th day doing SI6, and I'm worried that without the support I'll get bored and stop.
let me know, )
sunshine900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #11  

Hi Sunshine!

Absolutely! Jump right in! I'm with you, I also need support and I need to feel held accountable in order to stick with it, at least at first.

I haven't gotten my SI6 yet, that's why I had to change plan - but if I get it I'll definitely start on it right away!

Is this your time on SI6? How do you like it so far? Are you also following the recommended food plan or doing your own thing? Sorry, I'm just curious because I haven't had a chance to check their food plan yet, but I'm doing my own thing because I know what works for me.

It's great to have you join us!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #12  

Should we do weight-in and measurements on Fridays? I like that because it's before the weekend and if some of us have a cheat day during the weekend it won't show on weight-in (as long as we get back on plan on Monday!! ).

I lost 3 lbs this week. Of course I didn't follow the plan the whole weekn and haven't exercised as much as I planned to, so hopefully next week it will be more - it's mainly water weight at this points anyway, from overindulging in carbs
Old 05-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #13  

Hi everyone...
I'm not following the diet, I'm calorie counting, which for me is working out great in the begining I had started to low and stopped losing weight, but since I changed to 1200 to 1300 calories, I've been losing at a normal rate. This is my first time doing SI6, I was doing winsor pilates before this, but I wanted something that would make me sweat. I've only been doing it for a couple of days, but I love it. It's a little boring and she dosn't really count well but I think if we can get throught the next 6 weeks it will be worth it. Yesterday I started playing my own music and it was great I could still hear her with the instructions, but I had something to keep me entertained . The weigh in every week sounds great. I got to 180 yesterday and I'm soooo happy, I think in the next two weeks I'll be able to get to 175 which is what I weighed last summer...yay...
Old 05-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #14  

Congratulations!

I just saw we have the same goal - mine is also 143 :-)
Old 05-19-2007, 04:40 PM   #15  

hello out there...
I just finished my workout and I would have to say this was my hardest yet...my arms felt like spaghetti and I felt like my abs were on fire....I can hardly wait for day 7....only 2 more to go..yay