Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #1  
1 carton a week!

Default moved back into the dorms and now im binging again

hello all! i just recently moved back into the dorms at school and have found myself overeating again. i was doing good i think i was on a month streak but today i just sat here and i swear ate like 6 south beach diet snack bars. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could do to get on the right track? i was thinking of not having any snack bars or crackers or things that are too easy to overeat and just try to have water and fruits and veggies ... is there anything that you guys suggest? midterms are coming and i know im going to start running towards food thanks!
icecreamjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:31 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Really try to identify those foods that send you off onto a binge, and get rid of them. If they are easy to get, they will be easy to eat. Clean up your environment and you won't be so easily able to binge on foods. If diet bars are your weakness, for gosh sakes, don't have them in your dorm! Box that food out of your immediate environment. Try to identify substitutes that are satisfying but don't trigger an eating binge. For me, I can't have chocolate in the house. Period. I am fooling myself by saying that I will restrict myself, because I can't. Result, no chocolate in the house. BUT, for some reason, fat-free puddinig that I have to make myself DOESN'T trigger a binge. It stays in the house. If I really, really, REALLY have to have chocolate, I will have some, but I have to walk 4 miles to the grocery store and back to get it. Guess what - less chocolate!!! So, clean up your environment from all your trigger foods, and find better alternatives to keep on hand.
Best of luck!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:28 AM   #3  
1 carton a week!

thanks ... i really do need to do that, yeah any kind of granola bar type thing or crackers will do it for me! it may be that i just shouldnt have anything in the dorm except water, that way i have to either use a meal swipe or cash to get something i want
icecreamjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

If you make it a bit tough to get the goodies, you might find yourself not bothering!
Good luck with your studies...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Just wondering... do you have a food plan or diet that you are following? You may want to consider things like: Are you eating enough on your food plan ('starvation' mode will trigger binge-eating)? Are you getting too much sugar or white flour (which trigger cravings for more of the same)? I know this is ridiculous since you are in school, but really try to get enough sleep because without a full 7-8 hours every night, your body releases hormones (ghrelin and leptin) which tell you that 1) you are HUNGRY (even when you don't need food) and 2) you are NOT FULL (even when you've had enough food). Are you getting exercise (this is probably the single BIGGEST help for me in not binge-eating)? And one final thought... if you will eat foods high in fiber combined with lean protein you will really control your energy level and blood sugar so no 'sugar lows' telling you EAT CARBS!

Hope this helps. I am always working on this in my life too!
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote