Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #1  

Default Moment of Weakness

I was just curius to find out what you do when you get the urge to binge, but you know you shouldn't. What keeps you from going to the kitchen? What stops you from binging? I have a problem with remembering all of the reasons that I shouldn't binge, when it seems that all I want to do is binge.

Last edited by chelsea008; 08-21-2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spelling error
chelsea008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Chelsea, Ms.Cate started a thread for this awhile back... it's here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91442

Check it out... you may find some ideas there.

I know what you mean about "forgetting". I have the same problem. I really need to write or print up a reminder list in BIG letters.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:25 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I just had a look at that other thread - and yes it's good, and they're alternatives, but when the Binge Beast rears its head I don't think painting my nails would stop me!!! I'd just smudge my nail varnish while I'm buttering toast!

However I was just hit by the Beast a few moments ago, and I tried distraction and I tried hot chocolate rather than ordinary chocolate and I still wanted to BATHE in chocolate! But I was sitting here and looking at my self-harm scars (from a long time ago and a different me) and I just thought, "It's the SAME THING". And that kinda brought me to my senses. I was looking at them thinking, "No, I don't want to cut myself up but I DO want to eat." Then I realised. Binging is self-harm but with less immediate noticible effects.

Just my 2 penn'orth.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #4  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Mmmmh, in my opinion it´s the best to keep the binge beast quite at all. I try to eat several small meals, avoid sugar etc. to avoid that urge.

But when it´s there.....ok, I somehow missed the other thread, so I confess it here: I listen to a children audio book. Does someone know "Die drei ???"? I guess maybe they are called "The three ???" in English....Children/ teen- crime mystery- suspense- whatever.
Or searching around the internet. Coffee. Running around the house. Going to bed early.
And when I am feeling really, really miserable, I watch "It´s a wonderful life" or the "Muppets Christmas Charol" (yes, even in summer- I told that I am silly)

2frustrated: "Binging is self-harm but with less immediate noticible effects." Yes, I could sign that sentence...

ellis: During my alcohol therapy, I had a course in "How to avoid a relapse" and we were strongly adviced to create a small card, in credit card format so that we can take it with us everywhere we go.
On this card we should write
- Why I want to stay sober?
- What do I do when I feel the urge to drink?
- and emergency numbers (friends, AA, OA, a clinic, whatever)
I like that idea....maybe it would work with binge eating as well....

Last edited by Kate109; 08-21-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #5  
Detangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
But I was sitting here and looking at my self-harm scars (from a long time ago and a different me) and I just thought, "It's the SAME THING".
wow. seconded. what a raw way to look at bingeing--that's going to help me a lot. thank you.
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #6  

Thanks Ellis, I'll definitly have to check that out!
chelsea008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 88.3/82.30/70 kilos

Height: 160cm

Self talk is a big thing for me. I say to myself "I'm worth more than this. I deserve more than this". For of course, once I stop eating, there will never be enough to fill me.
ms.cate is offline   Reply With Quote