Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default The "this is the last time I'll ever get a chance to eat that so I'd better make

myself sick on it" syndrome---Where does that come from?
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I have NO idea - but that is exactly the mentality that caused me to gain 20 pounds BEFORE I finally buckled down and started my journey. I had 6 months of farewell binges. And it's been over a year and I'm still having them.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

We had a big meeting today where they serve lunch. I had the dessert. When everyone left and there were still servings on the table, I snuck another one. I started hoarking it all the while knowing that I was being irrational. I've put it aside just to show myself that it'll still be there later. In fact, if I really wanted this thing, I could go to walmart and buy one. If I wanted a giant one, I could go to Sam's and get one. They have been made for hundreds of years and will continue to be made and easily accessible. Even if I couldn't get a premade one, the ingredients are common ingredients. I have an oven. If I really wanted one and couldn't buy it in a package, I could make one myself.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #4  
Nat

S/C/G: 199/161/133

Height: 5'4"

Oh God I have this mentality aswell....it's so stupid really. Rationally I know that if I just stick to my diet it won't hurt to have a little bit of something nice every now and then, and it's a lot better than gorging myself stupid on it in a "farewell eat", but I can't seem to help it.
XenaGlamRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #5  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I too gained weight with this mentality... all or nothing.. not a good way to be
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I had that mentality from childhood. It started out being somewhat rational because we often DIDN'T have much food when I was a child and going on public assistance wasn't an option. I can remember many days when we ate fried egg and ketchup sandwiches because we just couldn't afford anything else.

So in my adult life, I don't handle deprivation particularly well. That's one of the main reasons that structured diets don't work for me. However, if I keep an overabundance of food in the house, so that I know it's there if I really want it, then I can handle it OK.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #7  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

I have that mentality as well. In fact its why I fail at diets so often. To start I'll give myself a binge day (week, month) before I start to "get it out of my system" and then if I fumble on the diet I won't say oh well, I'll do better at the next meal, I think well I've already messed up I may as well keep going downhill and start again tomorrow.
I'd love to say I've worked my way around it but I haven't. I think in my case it comes from seeing food as a comfort or stress relief. On a diet I don't have that relief and so the binging right before is me attempting to hoard/store up that comfort level. Of course all it really does is give me a stomach ache and poor self image, but I think each person's reasons are different.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #8  
I want to loose it all!

S/C/G: 265/230/145

Does that nutrisystem really work? I am very interested in it, But I dont want to risk doing it because it is expensive, and what if I dont get results?
Cholie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #9  
Detangler

that's a HUGE problem of mine. as soon as i decide to start to eat healthy, i try to commit to make the first day TODAY, and the first moment RIGHT NOW, rather than deciding to "simplify" things by waiting for a new day. instead of a "farewell binge" have a hello glass of water

farewell bingeing is just deceiving yourself--if it actually WERE farewell bingeing, there wouldn't be a problem.
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #10  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

OMG... I have this problem every dang day >_<... I swear that I'll start eating better tomorrow/next monday/next week. So it'll be okay to have that rootbear float -_-...

I'm so weak
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 88.3/82.30/70 kilos

Height: 160cm

farewell bingeing is just deceiving yourself--if it actually WERE farewell bingeing, there wouldn't be a problem.

I have been binge free for 12 days. I stick to a structured food program and dont let myself pick up no matter what. And I go and drink water or herbal tea.There's been a packet of popcorn in the staff kitchen open over the weekend and my hand still automatically went for it. I tipped the lot in the outside bin.
ms.cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:07 PM   #12  
Detangler

Cate, that's awesome, 12 days! congratulations! keep it up.

the most i've ever done is 4 days, but i'm starting again RIGHT NOW
Old 08-23-2006, 02:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 88.3/82.30/70 kilos

Height: 160cm

thanks heaps! I make it to 14 days at the end of today. I'd like to treat myself, but i'm scared i wont be able to stop eating.
ms.cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #14  
Detangler

you know, that's exactly what my worry was. i wanted to make a ticker for days binge free, but i was afraid that setting an end goal would make me reward myself at that end, and that would spiral into bad things...

i made the ticker anyway , but i just don't know...
Old 08-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

A little over a year ago I had an upcoming Dr.'s appt where I knew he was going to make me go on a diet. For weeks before this appointment, I ate everything I could find with no regards to calories, fat or carbs. I felt I had to just get it out of my system. Boy, did he give me a chewing out over my weight. I left his office, crying. We stopped for lunch on the way home. I had a salad and have never looked back. That's what it took for me to come to the ugly realization that I was going to have to try to improve my health through diet and exercise. Sure, there are times when I still long for that uncontrolled eating but I don't long for the body that I once had.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote