Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Binge-free week, August 7th start

To quote Telemetrynurse (thank you, Elizabeth ):

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off for a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hi all
my plans for the week::
I am staying within my calorie plan
walking for 45mins 3 'z this week
drinking all of my water
journal my thoughts everyday

I was doing great, then I *****

binged.! I'm so disappointed in myself...
Old 08-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok new week new start right? I managed to do very well last week calorie wise, but binge ate bad stuff to fill those calories...Need to be more mindful this week. Here we go!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #4  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning Girls!!

Yeah, ok, new week, new start...I was binge free yesterday and I ate healthy stuff, right on plan, I didnīt eat the offered binge food....Yeah, I am doing so great , but it would be so insanely great if my body wouldnīt be so stubborn and would change a bit. Like in loosing a few inches (or better: weight. I still depend on the scale!! ) I would really appreciate a little reward for all the things I am doing....

Ok, I am not such a shiny person today......

I hope everyone is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!!

Kate
Old 08-08-2006, 05:34 AM   #5  

hi. off to bed now. chat tmrw
Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 AM   #6  
~C~

omgosh..i can so relate to this "binge" stuff!!! Yeh..i'm doing good. I'm abstaining from those binge foods. It feels wonderful, and i do feel in control. I've been 4 days now, and i'm so pleased with me. woooo hooo!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #7  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Yesterday no binges. Around bedtime saw this wonderful looking slice of pizza on t.v. It was all I could do to abstain. There was even some leftover pizza in my fridge. I let myself take exactly one bite just so I could go to sleep and forget about it lol. Mission accomplished, binge avoided YES!

kate - great job staying right on plan. A few more days of that and I am sure you will see a nudge on that scale.

c - congrats on your 4 days. It just feels good when it falls into place like that.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #8  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I'm still doing Atkins! Yesterday, I FORGOT to eat! WOOHOO! AMAZING!
Before Atkins, my mind was consumed with food. Now, I don't crave sweets and I can honestly say that I don't really feel hungry. YAY ketosis!

I can definitely see how atkins is not a plan for everybody and I'm not trying to promote it in any way, but it is working to KILL my binge beast!!!! The choices are more limited and more expensive. But, for me, I was going insane just trying to "SHUT UP" those darn food voices in my head. I was like a food schizo. Even after I ate a big meal. That VOICE ( I guess it was the voice of my binge beast?) would put little thoughts into my mind. It would also send me on food exploration missions (march around the kitchen, inventory the cabinets and refrigerator to see what is inside---even though I KNOW what is there!) I would graze almost CONSTANTLY on low cal stuff and never feel full.
And, I actually have energy again! I've exercised everyday!

I hope everyone is finding what works for them!!!!

Stephie~WTG on taking one bite of *** and stopping! Very impressive! I'm glad that worked for you! Personally, I probably wouldva eaten the whole thing and licked the box
I love your avatar! I just finished a biography on audrey--interesting! I was amazed to read that even she could put on 10lbs in under a week on a cruise!

~C~ WTG on 4 days binge-free! GO YOU!!!!

Sweetpea~How are you doing? Sending you lots of warm wishes, good vibes....:

Kate~ on your CONTINUED SUCCESS with fighting your binge-beast! Ok, now you have to take on the scale-monster! Can you maybe ask someone to put the scale up? I KNOW you're doing GREAT, but that darn badscale is trying to put evil thoughts into your head....to lead you to his cousin binge-beast! Good luck on beating them all!!!!

Purplepansy~ Please don't be disappointed in yourself! Be proud of all the binge-free times!!! It sounds like you are taking some excellent steps to becoming a healthier person.....journaling, exercising, drinking water..... you should be proud of that and EVERY success!

Ellis~ How are you doing? I hope you're getting some time to yourself

Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #9  

i have stopped myself from bingeing but i am still eating >2000 cals per day and most of it is out of packets and tins so it's not healthy. hmmm have to do some more careful grocery shopping i guess. still v tired and eyes too sore to look at pc so wil have to come back later in the day
Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #10  

Elizabeth, I'm so glad you're doing well! I know that feeling of "forgetting to eat". I hate mentioning it to others, because they get all high and mighty and say, "You shouldn't forget to eat!" (they're mostly skinny people) But I know that feeling.

Feeling a bit icky, but I'm okay. Not eating great, but not binging...

Hugs for everyone...
Old 08-09-2006, 05:07 AM   #11  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning everybody!

Ok, I am still binge free- and I really like my new eating plan!
On the days I am following that plan my carvings are far, far away...

ellis: Hope your feeling better today But Congratulations on not binging!
I know what you mean with that incredible "Oh, I nearly forgot to eat"- feeling!! I expierence that myself at the moment. It feels great! (Yes, I am a good girl and stick to my meals- no starving for me this time!)

sweat_pea: Ok, maybe I am not the perfect person to throw around advices, but...I had a lot of problems with choosing healthy food as well. So I plan every meal. I make a detailled plan for lunch/ supper (the german Mittagessen) and I create a shopping list as well. And I have a huge plan where all the food for the other meals is listed. I read all those lists with healthy food stuff and wrote down the things I like.
I am so bad when it comes to food choices when I am hungry, depressed or my binge beast comes knocking!

Elizabeth: Great to hear that you are doing so great with Atkins! I could never do Atkins- itīs not the perfect diet for a vegetarian, I guess...
Thanks a lot for mentioning the scale monster! I am pretty insane: inviting the scale monster again and again....I tend to forget that scales are NOT MY FRIEND!! Even if there are printed "Donīt worry, be happy" in cute colors on them.
I have a vision of me, my scale and a sledge hammer....I guess I should make that dream reality. Who needs a scale anyway? (Ok, maybe my mother. I should ask....)

stephiewilliams: Just one bite?? Incredible!
Congratulations on being binge free!!

Hope everyone is having a good day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #12  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Survived another couple of days with hubby home from work We went to a mall.....I escaped ALMOST unscathed...tried a new resturant LOVED IT (got my food baked and not fried)...got something cold at Starbucks (LOVED IT until i saw the cal count this morning...530cals!!)...bought some new stuff...Walked around a mall for about 4 hours....came home and played playstation till bed.

Elizabeth WTG on sticking to Atkins! I conquer my sweet cravings after 3 days cold turkey....till that dreaded TOM then I fall off track and have to work myself back to it. I had a goodbye sweets breakfast and that will be the last sweet dessert (besides SF jello) that I will have.....till next TOM that is

Good luck All on conquering their bingies!! BTW does anyone else think that from that angle Kate looks a heck of alot like Katie Holmes?? I jsut realized it today. was wondering why it looked like I had seen her before, which is impossible because I have never been to Germany....Hubby spent a year there though in the Air Force....Ok rambling done, I am babysitting today and will prolly play ring leader for the fights over the new playstation..YAY Joy of my life, Referee...all i need is a striped shirt and whistle
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #13  

Yeah, but our Kate is prettier than Katie Holmes, Sharon. And she's smarter, too. She's not married to Tom Cruise. (that guy is just getting creepier and creepier)

I've got to get it together today. Still not binging, but something is wrong, because I've gained back the two I lost last week PLUS two more!

Have a great day, everyone. Eat healthy and be good to yourselves.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:17 PM   #14  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Aww Ellis those pounds will come right back down....I am doing the same way as you..not really binging anymore but not eating right either.....trying to get better here though....and I agree our Kate is much better than Katie Holmes
Old 08-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well ladies still binge free. My little neice broke her leg yesterday so all the family was down in my neck of the woods. They wanted to go out to eat and picked *gasp* chilis...so i thought I would be GOOD and eat a chicken ceasar salad...only to find out later that a chicken ceasar salad is 1090 calories per serving. OMG that is like waaaayyyy more than the fettucine alfredo I so crave from Olive Garden. Don't you just hate it when you try to be healhty and it ends up being wasted.

Anyway no binge once again and under on calories so yay me I am going out of town for work tonight through Sun night so THAT will be the real test...when I cannot plan ahead but just have to eat when I can...

telemetrynurse - I am so happy atkins is working so well for you. Dieting and you have energy? Amazing hehe...

sweatpea - great job on the no bingeing. Can you up your exercise to make up for the calories? I know what you mean about having to be more careful when shopping.

ellis - sorry you are feeling icky hun. Those extra lbs don't help either. Could it be TOM?

kate - well then keep it up with that plan. No cravings? That sounds divine...wish I could get there hehe.

lealee - Starbucks really is the devil, congrats on getting your food baked and not fried...a step in the right direction.
Closed Thread