3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free week, July 31st start (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/90451-binge-free-week-july-31st-start.html)

telemetrynurse 07-31-2006 10:36 AM

Binge-free week, July 31st start

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger! :grouphug:

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off for a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!

telemetrynurse 07-31-2006 11:12 AM

Hello Everybody!

Well, yesterday, I was bad. REALLY, :devil: REALLY bad. I made a bad decision to try the low carb thing. Only counting carbs. Not counting calories. So, I DID follow a low carb diet. But it turned into a high calorie nightmare! :eek: :yikes: :eek: The words, "eat all you want" should NEVER be in my vocabulary!

So, today is a NEW day, a NEW week, almost a NEW month, and I'm gonna get back on track! :carrot: No more excessive quantities of ANYTHING, well, maybe lettuce:moo:

Good luck and lots of :dust: to everyone!!!!

ellis 07-31-2006 12:08 PM

I'm in, Elizabeth! :wave: Thanks for starting the thread. :)
Yes, sometimes a "new plan" is a bad idea. :( Today will be better, hon. :hug:

Good luck, everyone! :lucky:

HarpoChicoGroucho 07-31-2006 12:48 PM

Yes, I tried low carb too a couple months ago, but I got REALLY bored with it ~ but I still lost weight because I cheated ~ I counted calories with it too. I don't think I lost weight any faster than with my regular diet. It's too hard to stick to. I need certain things that low carb doesn't allow.

I'm excited about the forum wide weigh in!!! I hope all of us CICs are participating!!!

Good luck everyone this week!!!

sweet_pea 07-31-2006 02:18 PM

hi all
i was BF yday (monday) so a good start to the week. right now doing very well on food. having some sweet things but mainly sticking to healthy stuff and having a good balanced diet. fingers crossed i can keep it up

low carb isn't for everyone. i think the south beach is slightly better as it emphasises vegetables. personally i think low GI is a much better way to go...

court again today. the defence start their case today and i am looking forward to them falling apart ;) yah hoping they destroy themselves. catch you later

sweet_pea 07-31-2006 02:18 PM

"I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home"

hehe love that harpo - very cute

just_a_dreamy1 07-31-2006 02:24 PM

I'm in!:carrot:

I go on vacation starting today, so my challenge will be to focus on relaxing from work w/out relaxing my food habits too much. So far, I've been binge-free for about 4 days.:cool: I've stayed away from snacks & I've been alone in the house twice now for hours at a time w/out doing my usual non-stop eating routine. Instead, I'm focusing on eating 3 healthy meals a day and responding to my hunger w/real food instead of my bf's junk.

I'm planning on making this a great month! And looking fantastic in my bikini when we're camping;)

LeaLee 07-31-2006 03:36 PM

I'm in too of course..but as i say that I just finished a sinfully good dessert...but I am still walking 4 miles a day and I jsut got out of the pool playing with the kids...we were in that thing for almost 2 hours.

I can tell the effects that the bad food I have been eating is having. I am SOOO very sleepy, I could lay down right now and just sleep and sleep...NO energy whatsoever...Tomorrow is August 1st and I will go one month IN CONTROL this month...

Finished the last Harry Potter last night and I have to say i think that the 2nd and 4th are my favorites but I really liked the 1st too. The 3rd was oK but not as good as the others in my opinion....Today i start watching the LOTR Extended version trilogy. Seen these a hundred times but never tire of them....

Off to get my swimsuit off and drink some water and get ready to walk....good luck ladies!!!

ellis 07-31-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_pea
"I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home"

Harpo, I LOVE that... :rofl: :lol3:

ScooterGirl 07-31-2006 04:41 PM

Ugh we just had guests from out of the country for a week so I was very very bad!!! Not like full out binging...well there was a day at a brasilian steakhouse that gives me nightmares. They just kept coming with the meat!!!!!

I think I gained a couple of pounds back, but I will be better this week I swear!

Forum wide weigh in??? And me a week after I've been just dreadfully bad! I hadn't heard about that. I'll have to go check out what thats about.

Harpo: I agree totally cute sig! And your picture is gorgeous!

Ellis: Your new avatar cracks me up! :D

Stephanie Osborne 07-31-2006 05:29 PM

I am definitely in! Off to a good start today already...

HarpoChicoGroucho 07-31-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_pea

Oh, I wish I could take credit for that, but it's a great one-liner from George Carlin. I thought about giving him credit, but I think some people get offended just by seeing the man's name . . .

snuggle 07-31-2006 10:24 PM

Well I sure did horribly yesterday. Need this week to be binge free! I'm in!

Hope everyone else makes it this week.:D

doIlookfat? 08-01-2006 01:42 AM

knock, knock, knock...

Can I come in?

2 days no binges! :cheer: Most people I know look at me when I say this and say, "So?":dz: But I know you guys would understand!

2 weeks until school starts (I teach 1st grade) and I need to get in the habit of controlling my food portions. I want to gradually get in the habit of just eating less and walking more. Eventually I'll venture out and try eating more healthy foods, but for now, just the accomplishment of putting less food in my mouth, even for 1 day, is a HUGE success! And I did it two days in a row!:hat:

If I come back tomorrow night, that'll mean I got through 3 days! *crossing fingers*

See you then!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Heidi
180/180/135

Kate109 08-01-2006 03:04 AM

Good morning everybody!

May I check in as well?? ;)

Ok, yesterday was binge free. And not only binge free, it was a "eat- healthy food- in- reasonable- portions- day". Jahoo, I certainly lost 60 pounds yesterday because I did so great..... ;)

Elizabeth: Oh Oh, the bad and dangerous "Eat all you want" phrase....Itīs a killer sentence for me! I did it after reading Susan Powters books: eat all you want and as much as you want- as long it is fat free or low fat. Yes, yes, I gained a lot of weight in during my low fat diet. Even low fat food can provide an enormous amount of calories.....

To all the Newbies: :welcome2:

I hope everyone is having a nice day!

Kate

ellis 08-01-2006 10:59 AM

Kate, congratulations on the 60 pounds. :lol3:

Heidi, three days is fantastic! Good going, girl! :hat:

I had a terrible day yesterday, and I just ate a bad breakfast. :rolleyes: But I'm "in" for the rest of the day. :wave:

Lesley, I couldn't stand looking at that avatar anymore. :lol:

Let's all have a great day! :grouphug:

telemetrynurse 08-01-2006 11:40 AM

Hi Everybody! :wave:

I've decided to still try atkins and did pretty well yesterday. I limited myself to ONE entire animal at one meal---haha---I did limit my intake and feel pretty good! My cravings for carbs and sweets are gone! I hope it doesn't return! Maybe this is what I needed----a total break from sugar----to really knock my binge-beast into a deep coma.

Ellis~:hug: It's so great to have you back!!! YAY!
Even though your breakfast wasn't "great" you can still have a great day!
:cheer:GO Ellis!!!! :cheer: Every HOUR counts!

Kate~Congrats on staying binge-free!!!! For MONTHS!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! You are living PROOF that this CAN be done!
Thanks for the continued inspiration!

Heidi~:welcome: :carrot: :cp: :carrot: Congrats on 2 days binge-free!!!! Those first days are often the hardest! You can do this!!!!!

Snuggle~:welcome: Good luck on the rest of the week! Cute name!

Harpo~
I :love: George Carlin!!! VERY funny guy! Sure, I don't always agree with some of his statements, but I am there for a laugh.....not to get offended! :D How about Steven Wright? Have you ever heard him? I love his humor also!

Stephie~Hey! I hope your day continued to be good!

Scooter~ I think I know the steakhouse place, or something similar, where they keep coming at ya with big hunks of meat? My binge-beast is euphoric when he hears that place mentioned----he starts grooming his fur to go out to eat!
Congrats on getting back on the wagon! You can do this!!!!

Lealee~WTG on your continued exercise :woops:
4 miles a day?!?!?!! :cheer: YAY you!
How is your new home/moving progressing?

Sweetpea~WOW, another binge-free day?!??! :bravo: I hope court is going well for you today!!!

Just-a-dreamy~:welcome: Good luck on vacation!!!
Just remember that bikini---you will look GREAT!!!

Ok, if I missed anyone please forgive me:dizzy:
:grouphug: :dust: :grouphug:

Stephanie Osborne 08-01-2006 12:08 PM

Well ladies one day no binge, however not one day following my eating plan and sticking to healhty foods. For me this has to be more than just "dont shovel things into your mouth" it need to be an exercise in control. The control that I need to gain over my relationship with food. So off I go today plan in hand and best intentions.

telemetrynurse - I often wonder how those eat whatever you want as long as it is not X Y or Z diets work in the long haul. Your right August is a new month and I know you can do this!

just a dreamy1 - Have a relaxing vaca...I know what you mean about having your significant other have foods that you have to restrain from. Congrats on the 4 days.

lealee - One month in control...You can do it, I know you can. **** I am going to do it with you :)

doilookfat - Congrats on your binge free streak, Keep it up! We better see you back here tomorrow night, day 3 here you come!

kate - Not just binge free but healthy eating wtg...

doIlookfat? 08-01-2006 11:05 PM

3 days down! :D Hubs dragged me to lunch at a restaurant and I only ate half! Why Mexican restaurants think it's ok to put 4 servings on one plate I'll never understand. :( I really need to start ordering from the kid's menu right along with my kids. It's all I should be eating. Next time.....:angel: I promise.

Thanks for the :welcome2: See you tomorrow, everyone!

Heidi
180/180/135 (won't weight myself for 2 months....Oct. 1st)

Kokomo 08-02-2006 01:47 AM

Way to go Binge Free ladies.

Heidi This is a super place to post because we all understand.

Ahhhhh I'm up 7 lbs those binges add up the pounds quickly :tape: Today was binge free, thankfully.

snuggle 08-02-2006 01:55 AM

Two whole days binge free at around 1300 calories!!:carrot:

Hope everyone else is doing great!

sweet_pea 08-02-2006 02:20 AM

hi all binge free for about 11 days now

absolutely shattered with this court case. so toddling off to bed. catch up properly when it is over

Kate109 08-02-2006 03:54 AM

Good morning everybody!

Hey, the weather suddenly changed here: itīs coldy, itīs windy and it rains from time to time. I really appreciate it!

Ok, I was binge free yesterday. And I ate just healthy stuff the first half of the day. But I was a bit shopping yesterday and forgot eating- so I was terrible hungry and had to buy something to eat. It LOOKED healthy, but I guess it wasnīt.....but after all, it was ok.
But I made a healthy breakfast choice today! :carrot: Even my mother bought yummy but not so good things for breakfast.....

Congratulations to everybody here who is binge free!! :carrot:

I just wanted to say two things:
1. This is, no, we are really a fantastic forum!! :D :carrot: I am so glad I found it! I had a look at some german forums about ED yesterday and it was so....canīt say. Like depressing, sad, there was no recovery, no hope no...nothing.
2. Is it just me or are the smileys re- arranged?? The jumping carrot :carrot: was always first row, on the right....Well, that is really important....

Elizabeth: Thank you.....:o

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Kate

telemetrynurse 08-02-2006 02:22 PM

I'm sticking to my Atkin's plan pretty well! I've given up all sugar and artificial sweetners and I am NOT craving any sweets!!! YAY!!!

Kate~Congrats on ANOTHER binge-free day!!!
I'm really glad you're getting some weather relief from the HEAT!!!

Sweetpea~WOOHOO! 11 days!!! BRAVO!!! Soon, you will be at 2 weeks, then 1 month..........

Snuggle~Congrats on being binge-free! You're eating only 1300 calories a day? Please be careful. When I cut my calories too low (for me that is below 1400cal. but we are all different) it ALWAYS leads to a wild, frantic binge.

Kokomo~:hug: sorry to hear the scale is being cruel! It's probably some water weight! Congrats on your binge-free day! You CAN do this!! :cheer:

Heidi~Good job on eating only half of your restaurant dinner! YAY you! It is amazing, how many portions most restaurants serve! Usually, what I do, is ask for a "go box" to be brought out with my food. I then shovel at least half into that box---to keep myself from wolfing down the entire thing!

Stephie~WTG on your binge-free day!!! YAY!
It is a victory, even if your diet wasn't "perfect". Good luck!

((((((((((((((((((:dust: :grouphug: :dust:))))))))))))))))))))

doIlookfat? 08-03-2006 02:25 AM

Tough, tough, tough! But doing it, doing it, doing it!:dancer: Day 4, no binges!

It was close though. I ate more food than I expected to, or wanted to, for that matter. But stopped myself from going too much further. I've been in my classroom most of the day, getting ready for the first day of school. So much work to do, it's unreal. I'm so nervous about the first day of school! This usually sets me into a panic mode/eating like there's no tomorrow. It's white nuckle time, that's for sure.

Thanks for the motiviation to just keep going! I even got on the treadmill today! Only 17 min., but it's a start! I did it on an incline, too. I felt sweaty.:flame: :flame: :flame: I felt the burn!

Off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

Heidi

Kate109 08-03-2006 03:34 AM

Good morning!!

Checking in for my daily report: I am still binge free and ate quite healthy yesterday. Feeling really good!! :carrot: :D

I changing my eating schedule last week. Instead of three meals I am now eating around 5 small meals (some of them are just tiny, tiny snacks). At the moment, eating more often leads to eating less in my case....
And, i donīt want to say that loud because I am not sure how long that feeling stays: my carvings are gone.....I increased my proteine intake and that helped a lot.

Heidi: Great job!! Congratulations on staying binge free!!

Elizabeth: My Atkins- Hero!! :D Good job with sticking to your plan!!

Kokomo: Congratulations on being binge- free!!

snuggles: Really nice avatar!! Your nickname doesnīt come from "Dr. Snuggles", or???

Hope everyone is having a nice day!!

Kate

sweet_pea 08-03-2006 04:42 AM

hi there
i binged today but the court case ended today so it's been the end of a very intense period. tmrw i have to start exercising again ugh

elizabeth are you on the first 2 weeks of atkins? the extra tough period? and are you doing the whole high fat thing?

kate i agree this is a great forum!!!

catch you all soon :D

LeaLee 08-03-2006 07:33 AM

WTG on all Bingie beaters!!

I am up 3 pounds :( but thats OK! I was at 130 last week and at 133 this week I wouldn't be upset about it at all if I didn't know its MY fault that those pounds came back..BAD DESSERTS...BAD SHARON for EATING THEM....haha :lol3:

Didn't walk yesterday on the treadmill but went to the bank and got our "one week and we will KNOW 100% yes or no" That is what we have been waiting on. As long as the house appraises for enough then we have the loan! After the bank we went to 4 furniture stores to shop around for furniture and found some DREAMY recliners that may make me gain weight because I will never GET OUT OF IT!!! We also had a fight with our son (6) who wants his new furniture NOW so we fought him ALL day. That really annoying kind of fight too..he whines endlessly and we constantly explain why we can't get the new furniture yet....over and over and over and over again.

Still letting my desserts get out of control so I am doing what has always worked before for me...NO SWEET STUFF :eek: I hate doing this but it knocks out the sugar monster in me out I think. Its also TOM so the cravings are outrageous. I can't complain though because the PMS isn't bad thanks to the Dr putting me on meds for it....ALTHOUGH the meds he put me on makes me literally HATE coffee...ME!! someone who drank upwards of 6 cups a day!! I haven't had coffee since June 28 and that is STRANGE.

OK good luck to you all on remaining/getting Binge free..and WTG Elizabeth on Atkins..I could NEVER do it...I love my carbs too much! Hope everyone is feeling great!

ellis 08-03-2006 09:09 AM

Good morning, everyone! :wave:
I'm doing okay, I think. I started eating something bad yesterday, and threw it away half-way through, so I'm semi-in control. ;)

Sharon, I'm sorry about the weight gain... it'll come off, hon. :hug:
You're not drinking coffee!? :yikes: Please god, don't let that happen to me. :lol:
I hope this week flies by for you... I'm so excited for you about your house!

Sweet_Pea, I'm glad the court case is over... that must have been such a stressful time for you. :hug:

Kate, I'm with you re: "eating more = eating less". :yes: I really find that eating more smaller meals helps.

Heidi, hang in there, girl! :hug: It's only school... you've done it before and you'll do it again. I come from a long line of teachers, and the stress is not worth it. ;)

Elizabeth, I'm glad you're doing well! :hug: It's great not to have those sugar cravings, isn't it? :)

Snuggle, good going... keep it up!! :hat:

Koko, are you stressed about something that's causing you to eat? You can get back on track. We're here for you... :hug:

Scooter, how are you doing this week? Are you over the meat-fest? ;)

Harpo, are you with us, hon? :wave:

I hope I haven't missed anyone... I hope we all have a good day with lots of strength! :carrot:

Stephanie Osborne 08-03-2006 11:59 AM

Ok so had a real test the other night at dinner. After dinner is always the hardest part of the day for me. I managed to pull off being binge free for the night. Yesterday I was on assignment out of town and equated eating out with pigging out...so starting over today :( Going out of town FRI SAT AND SUN on assignment again. Will need to summon allllll my willpower to keep on track!

doilookfat - Great job on 4 days in the bag. I know you are going to get through this whole week. I often order from the kids menu the portions are so much more reasonable.

kokomo - So sorry about those binge lbs...just be good and I know they will come back off. Why is it always harder to get rid of them than to put them on eh?

snuggle - sounds like you were doing so awesome :) Just get back on track and you will be fine.

sweetpea - wow 11 days, you are an inspiration :) What is your secret?

Kate - I hate when I make a choice I think it healhty and it turns out not to be. I find this often with low fat, fat free or reduced fat stuff at the market. Its often worse for you than the real thing! I agree about this forum being great!

telemetry nurse - Your right a binge free day is a binge free day. Great job sticking to your Atkins plan, sounds like you are liking it.

Lealee - no sweet stuff would drive me crazy! 3 lbs is not too terribly bad, at least you know where they came from and how to drop them like a bad habit :)

ellis - semi control is better than none, come on woman you can do it! I know ya can...

sweet_pea 08-03-2006 06:51 PM

oh leelea i am so jealous you are only 130#

i was BF for 11 days and no weight loss. makes me want to cry - instead i binged. i would love to weigh 130 but i am about 180. i have been making an effort to dress better and that helps as i feel better if i look presentable instead of wearing my fat clothes

it's sunny here today so i have to get outside and get some sunshine. cheer me up :D

hi stephie - what sort of assignments do you do? are you a journo?

ellis well done on throwing away the bad food. never easy. yes i am so happy the case is over altho it will be a mth before we get the verdict. i still feel pretty tired and need to get back on track

ellis 08-03-2006 09:00 PM

Thanks Stephie and Sweet_Pea. :grouphug:

Stephie, sending you lots of willpower for the weekend... :hug: Can you pick up any precut veggies or other healthy snacks etc from a grocery store to snack on? Sometimes just a little bit of planning can make a big difference in our choices. (do as I say, not as I do ;) )

Sweet_Pea, that weight will come off, hon. Hang in there... you're doing great. :hug: Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to when/where it comes off. :shrug:

I've had a good day. Mostly because I spent the morning with my (formerly fat) sister and the afternoon/evening with a friend. I can't eat a lot in front of others... particularly when they're slim. I just feel like such an oinker, you know? :dizzy:

I hope everyone else is having a good day! :wave:

doIlookfat? 08-03-2006 11:09 PM

Not so good today. Ds and I went to lunch and I was craving and gave in. Oh well, I'll kick it into high gear tonight on the treadmill, if all goes well, and I won't talk myself out of it.:devil: I've been known to do that A LOT.

Ellis: I know about the sister thing. We both try to lose weight together, and her start weight is under my goal weight! And she still manages to lose more than me, with 3 little kids!

Sweet Pea: Same with me and the clothes thing. I weight about 180, and try to buy just the right shirts to hide it! I do have a few shirts that I swear make me lose about 10 lbs! I love those shirts! They are so hard to find, though.:?:

Stephaniewilliams: When you go out of town and have to eat at a restaurant, remember to order from the kids menu!:D

LeaLee: My ds is 6 too, and I totally understand the fighting. Right now he is trying so hard to convince me he can have some cereal (it's 8pm) for a snack! His whining and poutiness makes my head ache! And to think, this is the age I teach! I'm not looking forward to going back to school.:(

Kate109: My mom has increased her protein too. She says it keeps her feeling fuller longer. Sounds like eating more smaller meals works for you! You're doing awesome!

Telemetrynurse: Wow! No sweets! You go girl! Keep up the great work!

Talk to you all tomorrow! Sending you good vibes on a binge free day!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Heidi

telemetrynurse 08-04-2006 12:25 PM

I'm very VERY VERY excited :hyper:!!! I have FINALLY lost another 5 pounds!!! WOOHOOO!!! I know it is "water" weight from the Atkins, cause I lost it in 2 days, but I'm still ridiculously happy to see the scale MOVE :goodscale: And I still am NOT CRAVING SWEETS!!! :carrot:

Heidi~:hug: sorry to hear you had a rough time. It happens to ALL of us! You can hop right back on the wagon and on your :woops:!
You teach 6 year olds?!?!??!?! I :love: kids but don't know how I could handle a multitude of kids at once... How many kids are in your class?
I hope you get some wonderful, well-behaved little angels who LOVE to learn!

Ellis~WTG on the control of throwing away half of the temptation food!!! YAY you!!! Personally, I would have to throw it in some nasty trash, or destroy it to render it inedible.
:carrot: Congrats on having a good day yesterday! Hanging out with people seems to help you? Can you do this more often? I'm the SAME way. Don't wanna look like a :ink: in front of anyone!

Sweetpea~:hug: Sorry to hear you had a binge. But you did am AMAZING job of staying binge-free while going though that stressful court situation!!! You should be really proud of that!!! :cp: :hat: :cp: Good luck!!! I know you can do this!!!
Yep, I'm doing the first part of atkins--the induction. I'm only on day 5. The hardest things for me has been giving up caffeine and artificial sweetners.

Stephie~Good luck on your trip out of town! :dust:
Ellis is SO right (our smart mod).....can you bring some healthy stuff with you? It really helps if you don't let yourself get starving...especially when eating out.

Lealee~:goodluck: :crossed: :goodluck: Good luck on your house! I can understand the dessert thing----I have NO control over sweets which is why atkins is helping me. You've been doing SO great with the dreadmill, I'm sure the water weight will come off quickly!!!

Kate~Congrats on still being binge-free!!! YAY!!!
I've also found that eating small meals more frequently helps keep my binge-beast sedated! WTG!!!

To anyone lurking........:hug:

Kate109 08-05-2006 04:37 AM

Hi everybody!

Uhh, I guess I am going to be ill. I am sick, I feel dizzy, got a headache....It started yesterday morning after my workout. I went back to bed and slept for more than 20hours. But I am still not feeling well.

But I am still binge free....

So, congratulations to everybody binge free and :hug: for those who arenīt.

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Kate

sweet_pea 08-05-2006 07:11 AM

fallen off the wagon...
i was BF for about 11 days but the last few have been a mess! not enough healthy food either :shrug:

You would not believe the weather. Yesterday it was so hot I was wearing shorts. Today it is bucketing down. There are puddles everywhere and the place looks like it could flood. Incredible contrast. I guess I should expect the rain – it’s winter after all – but after a beautiful day yesterday I’m a bit shocked. I went out this morning and planted a few things while the ground was soft and the rain could bed it all in but I got too wet. I was soaked LOL.

Other than that it;s been a totally lazy day. Didn’t sleep much last night but I did spend 3 hours sleeping this afternoon. Definitely the weather to be snuggled in bed. Plus it’s first day of TOM so always good to rest up. I get zits when it’s TOM so the extra sleep helps get rid of them. Plus I am bored out of my skull. Don’t feel like reading. Nothing on tv, don’t feel like playing bridge. DEFINITELY don’t feel like working, tidying or putting away washing. Although I did make the supreme effort of chucking everything in the dishwasher and turning it on. The dogs are bored too. especially Saffie. They’ve been out to play in the rain but of course it wasn’t a lot of fun! Jazz zoomed around and got soaked to the skin but other than that it’s been quiet for them too

ellis you make me laugh feeling like an oinker eating in front of others. i of course have absolutely no shame and binge anywhere any place and in front of anyone :D

kate hope it's just a 24 hr bug and you feel better soon. take care :hug:

holy cow elizabeth - 5lb - that is incredible. no wonder you're happy. so you think the change in diet has cut the sugar cravings? or is it sheer will power? a low GI diet sometimes helps my sugar cravings - but not always LOL

heidi - you go girl. rather you than me on the dreadmill. i've been known to fall off the back in sheer exhaustion (after all of 3 minutes) and the damn things make me dizzy. i get off and feel nauseous :dizzy: guess i have bad balance or something. anyway they are instruments of torture. first thing i'd do is bomb them. much rather walk outside on real grass but that's just me

ellis 08-05-2006 09:47 AM

Sweet_Pea, I'm sorry you've fallen off the wagon. :hug: Give yourself a bit of a break, hon. Lousy weather, TOM, acne... just be good to yourself for a few days, and eat as healthy as you can.
I was thinking about that this morning. I'm feeling a bit fragile at the moment. I've been socializing (not my choice) a LOT lately, and I really need some "me time", you know? And I thought, "How am I supposed to exercise and eat right when my mental health needs to come first?!?" :?: I feel very conflicted, but I think I just really need to look after my mental health first, and do the best I can with the rest. I'm not a failure. :) And you're certainly not, either. :grouphug: Hang in there, sweetie.

Kate, I'm so sorry you're sick! :( I hope you can take some time to cozy up and look after yourself. Get better soon, sweetie. :hug:

Elizabeth, if I hang out with anyone else this week, I'm going to kill someone. :lol: I'm just not a social person. (although I'm a darned good faker. heh heh) I think when I don't get enough time to myself I'm in real danger of binging, because I feel that I "deserve" to be alone with a big pile of food. :rolleyes: Stupid mentality, but there I am. :lol:
Congratulations on the 5 pounds, hon!! :cheer: That's so encouraging!!! :hug:

Heidi, I hope you were able to get on the treadmill! I'm having to put mine away for awhile. We're renovating out basement tv room this summer (my gosh, we'd better hurry... the summer is quickly coming to an end!), and I've got to empty the room. Somewhere! :yikes: I'm going to take my exercise bike up to our bedroom on the third floor, and I'll use that in the meantime.
You poor love... teaching 6 year olds. They're so cute, but they wear you right out. :hug:

How's everyone else doing? :wave: Any more non-bingers out there? ;)

LeaLee 08-05-2006 11:46 AM

Hey guys, Doing Ok here I guess. TOM really knocked me off the wagon and I am now holding onto the reins trying to pull myself onto the horse. I have not journaled since July 24 but I have started that again today. Logging anything I eat...which today so far is 230 calories of junk but I am going to try to get back on track.

Dreadmill has been lonely for 4 days as well :( poor thing is calling my name and misses me but I don't miss it!! Well actually I do because I am so dang stiff and I pop nonstop from tight muscles.

Today is my day though I will get back on track and overcome this feeling of being off the wagon and dragged.

Kate I hope you feel better soon :)

Elizabeth WAY TO GO!!!!!

Sweet Pea...Im right there with you on your eating habits...I can stay in control for the whole month until about 3-4 days before TOM then I lose all control :( until its over then I can drag myself back up.

Ellis....don't worry...you aren't the only non sociable person on the board...All I can think about here lately is "OMG if we get the new house people will be over all the time while we are getting settled" I don't do holiday dinners at my home because If they come to Me I can't leave when they get on my nerves...if I am at their house I can leave whenever. We do have a few friends that come over once a month or so but to have someone over ALL THE TIME..or to be at someone elses house all the time?....no way not for me!!! and by the way I MISS COFFEEEEE

sweet_pea 08-05-2006 08:32 PM

still struggling

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis
I was thinking about that this morning. I'm feeling a bit fragile at the moment. I've been socializing (not my choice) a LOT lately, and I really need some "me time", you know? And I thought, "How am I supposed to exercise and eat right when my mental health needs to come first?!?" :?: I feel very conflicted, but I think I just really need to look after my mental health first, and do the best I can with the rest. ;)

ellis i do agree with putting the mental health needs first, and not just because i have lifelong problems with anxiety and depression. i find if my mental health goes loop-de-loop :dizzy: there's really no chance i can get my eating in balance.

i also know what you mean about the socialising. i am pretty much a hermit (hence living in the country) and while i enjoy a small amount of people contact anything more and i get all peopled out. so take your time to get some "me" time and a bit of pampering:^:

the pampering brings me to your "deserving" comment :?: that is a biggie for me. i often think i deserve that nice gooey sweet thing or savoury or whatever. so i eat it and then ... you guessed the rest. what you deserve ellis is time out to read a book, sit in the sunshine :cool: (not here of course - it's winter) or massage your feet or something like that. i'm not sure if your bingeing is a reward or a punishment. i couldn't completely interpret reward in the context you put it:dizzy:

SLEEP!!!
i slept forever last night. almost 12 hrs. it was broken but i am shattered. i need to break this cycle. i'm not getting anything done. i have been sleeping heaps all week

one of the triggers for bingeing is that i ate fairly healthy during the trial. i didn't binge. i had lots of fruit and vegetables and IT DIDN'T WORK :devil: It didn't:
  • increase my energy
  • improve my mood
  • improve my coping skills
  • reduce my need for sleep
  • AND MOST IMPORTANT i didn't lose any weight

Actually that’s wrong. It wasn’t the most important thing but it was the last straw. I just thought I don’t feel any better AND my weight is unchanged. It’s not working so i just thought why bother? why bother eating healthily when you don't feel better?:?: okay better go now i am starting to get maudlin and feel sorry for myself

leelea hope you get back on track today. i'll be aiming to do the same

Kate109 08-06-2006 06:36 AM

Hi everybody!

Ok, I am back on track again! I slept from Friday morning until Saturday afternoon (with just a few waking breaks because of eating etc.) and I am feeling better now.
But i ate quite crappy the last days....Not the best choices because I had no energy to really think about it and prepare something. But I will be back on track!!

Unfortunately I was on the scale yesterday. And guess what: I am up two pounds. Out of nowhere....I was so frustrated yesterday!! I read in the post about "Exercise myths" that it could be normal to gain a few pounds after you changed your exercise regime and your eating habits, but I was so....fed up with everything. Like "Oh, yeah, itīs never going to work for me!! I can give up!".
(I am so with you here, sweat_pea!)
So I decided to delete my weight tracker (- even though I love the cartoon cat....) and stop weighing myself. This time for real.
And I am just going on with my program.

And I am slightly and silently feel my depression come back...So I need to take the necessary steps to stop it before it gets really worse.

Sending :hug: :hug: to everybody- I guess here a lot of people who need it!

Kate