Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Binge-free week, July 3rd start!

Yikes, I'm late!! Sorry, girls!!
You're having a holiday weekend, right? Happy Fourth of July!!

Anyone is welcome to join us here. As long as you refrain from mentioning foods that might trigger a binge.

We aim for a week at a time being binge-free, but ANYTHING goes here! If you can get through an afternoon without binging, then good for you!

And I would just like to say to Mel (MyThreeTots)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThreeTots
I fell off the wagon. I failed for this week.
Mel, you haven't failed, sweetie. Take that word right out of your vocabulary, hear me? You're not a failure, you're a fighter. You had a minor set-back. Are you quitting? Because THEN you'd be failing!
You hang in there, girl...

Let's have a great week, everyone!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Hee hee I was JUST about to make a new thread, ellis. You beat me to the punch!!

Yes, this is our holiday weekend now!!! Let's be strong at our BBQs tomorrow (I've been invited to 2!!!!) Thank goodness fireworks are calorie free.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #3  

There you are, Harpo! Thank you again for your help while I was gone this weekend... it was much appreciated.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #4  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hello all - it's been 3.5 days since my last binge. I started Phase I of South Beach on Friday. I finally hit my threshold Thursday night after dinner (more on that on the CyberPurgers thread) and told DH I was done. No more...

Started SB on Friday morning and have had 3.5 successful binge-free days so far. I'm finding it pretty easy but I'm at work today and there is NOBODY here...boredom is kind of creeping in...I hate that...

Oh well, we'll only be here another 1.5 hours or so - I think I can be strong for the rest of the day
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #5  

hi all
i was BF sunday but binged again monday. have to get it together today but it's soooooo hard when you have a cold and feel miserable. okay onwards and upwards

nice to be back
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm still binge free! Today it's because I've had a massive headache all day to the point of feeling sick. I watched ds launch a few fireworks and that's about all I've done today. I made myself some chicken salad and celery sticks for lunch and an egg and cheese burrito for dinner, popcorn for snack. Those are the only things that sounded good and were really easy.

I'm hoping to start a more formal eating plan tomorrow if I feel better.

Hope you all have a great and safe 4th of July!
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:49 AM   #7  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everybody!

Just a short message from me: I am very busy with learning. First (and most important!) exam will be on Thursday. So a bit more than 48 hours to go....I am nervous like ****!!
And itīs TOM...it hurts and i am balloning.
And the weather is really hot here. But itīs ok inside the house.

But I am binge free since....donīt know. A few days.

Happy 4th July (or whatever you say then..)!

I hope everybody is having a good time!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:18 AM   #8  
On my way...

Hi!

Ok, I reply to my own message...I hope you are all happily celebrating the 4Th July at the moment. Or sleeping. Anyway....
I was binge free yesterday. What helped me is the fact that I am so nervous, I really feel sick....

I hope you all have a nice day!

Kate
Old 07-05-2006, 07:21 AM   #9  

i am bingeing. i have a bad cold, am not sleeping well and feel hyperemotional. i cried when i found the rubbish bag had been destroyed and i had to pick it all up! anyway tmrw is a fresh day

wow Kate a photo. cool!!! good luck with the exams.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #10  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

still binge-free so far this week...this means it's been 5 whole days...Today should be ok...
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #11  

Binge-free here.

Kate, is that you?! If it is, you're lovely, and you don't look fat at all! (if it's not you, who is it?)
Good luck this week, sweetie.

TOM here, too, and I'm sick of it.

Sweet_Pea, you poor dear... I hope you're feeling better soon.

Adrial, you, too! I hope your headache didn't last long.

Emily, five days!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Ellis. I am better today. I think it's the humidity and allergies, not much I can do about those!

I'm still binge free. It's almost unbelievable for me! I don't think I've gone this long in 22 years without bingeing!

I've been trying to get more exercise in too.

I decided not to wait to get my haircut. I was feeling so sloppy and the urge to binge was getting really strong because I felt so badly about myself. I got it cut in some layers. The length in the same but it's got some body and style now. I feel MUCH better. Amazing what a haircut can do for a person. I was very tempted to get a manicure and pedicure but just couldn't part with the money. I'm really stubborn when it comes to spending money on myself in those ways.

Kate, you are so pretty (from what I can see )! Great picture!!
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Binge free for me too!!! I just walked 5 miles too, to the grocery store, to get a grapefruit. Is that dedication . . . or insanity? It felt great though, but I'm wiped out now. I'm only used to walking 3 miles. And the grapefruit was perfect. It couldn't have been it better. It was so worth it.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:17 AM   #14  
On my way...

Good morning everybody!

Ok, 5 hours left until exam. I was calm yesterday evening, but now I am sick and in panic. Uhhhhaaaaa!! But I am looking forward to it in a strange way. You know, I want it to be over. And I did everythng I could, I did everything I was able to at the moment.

I was binge free yesterday!

I am a bit surprised & proud: I made it nearly completly binge free through the learning phase. I was able to be afraid, paniced, happy etc. without turning to food.
And I am prepared to fight till the end: I wonīt give up, no matter what topic I get in the exam!

ellis& Idrial: Yes, itīs me in the pic...
After the discussion about everybody looking awful on pics I thought I should maybe go ahead and show a pic of myself. Itīs one of the semi- good pics, made a few weeks ago at the MacExpo trade fair.
I donīt look that fat in that pic because it just shows my side...And I havenīt realized that someone is taking pics, so there was no "goofying" around.

Well, I am leaving...my things are packed (+ a lot of lucky chrams!), I am ready.

Hope everyone is having a good day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 07-06-2006, 05:22 AM   #15  

Went to ballroom 2x today. first for a private lesson then home for takeaways, then back for a group class and once again takeaways for dessert. i was so tired that i found it hard to think and get my mind around the moves but it's all progress. just have to keep practising and learning... the exam is just over a week away

eating has been a bit erratic but i have had some fresh fruit today and lots of water

Adrial I get allergy problems too. Combined with the colds I'm not always sure whether it is a cold or an allergy LOL. I'd just like to sleep at the mo

well done on the binge free harpo, kate and adrial. hi ellis and everyone else