Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #1  

Default I binged today...

Hey everyone, I cant believe what I did today. I binged ALOT of food and im feeling like I let myself down bigtime. I havn't binged for almost 3 months now and I thought I was doing well and all. I've still treated myself to small treats every now and then so I havn't been trying to maintain an incredibly strict eating plan or anything as I know these dont always work. I cant think what may have triggered this,im not feeling any extra stress and generally I have been feeling much better about myself so im completely lost as to why I did what I did. I know tomorrow is an another day and I know that this is just a minor setback and as long as I dont start to binge every single day like I used to this is only a 'hiccup' but im just scared that this addiction will start all over for me again. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Mamita
~Mamita~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #2  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #3  

You're so right, it IS only a hiccup if you get back on the diet. I wouldn't waste time on figuring out WHY you binged. Probably it's because it's the 4th of July and much of America is feasting to celebrate. At some level, you probably wanted to feast, too.

I totally understand that you feel like you let yourself down, but the day isn't over yet. Don't give in to the idea that the day is ruined, so you might as well keep eating. If you are careful for the rest of the day, then you'll have something to feel very proud of!

A little holiday eating doesn't mean you're going to stay out of control. You know tomorrow will be a normal, mid-week day, and you can go right back to the good eating routine you've been following.

Now, can you go take a good, brisk walk to work off some of what you ate? That'll help you remind yourself that the binge is over and you're back on track.

If it helps at all, I overate today, too. Not a binge, but I had a serving of ice cream AND a can of Pepsi AND some potato chips (though I got myself under control and limited the chips). I've done this "little cheating" way too much in the last few weeks and really must get back on track with filling up with veggies instead. Frustrated because an increasingly severe knee problem is keeping me from walking, which was not just exercise but a way to distract myself from munching.... but we can both get back to what we really want, which is to get the weight off!
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Big hugs, Mamita. We've all been where you're at. Great advice from Siena! Turn around your feelings... if you feel that you've failed, then you'll continue in the same vein. You CAN turn this around, and you're going to be okay.

Siena, it's so easy to slip just a little with the eating. And then have it continue and get out of hand. It's great that you're aware of what's happening. I know you can get control again.
I'm sorry about your knee. Is it something you've talked to your doctor about?
Someone in another forum mentioned Nordic walking. Have you ever considered it? It looks as though it might benefit someone with knee problems...
http://walking.about.com/cs/poles/a/nordicwalking.htm
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:45 AM   #5  

Thanks for all you encouraging words Well today is another day and last night I threw out all of the junk food before I went to bed so I shall just carry on as before. Hope you all had a great day yesterday!

Mamita
Old 07-05-2006, 02:59 AM   #6  

Aw, Mamita. Don't think about the one "bad" day, think about the three great months. Tomorrow is a new day and you are off to a great start by tossing out the junk food.
celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:38 AM   #7  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

~Mamita~: Hope today is a better day for you!

Siena1383: We seem to have the same problems...I cheated to much with "snacks" and food choices as well. But I am nearly back on track at the moment.
And I did Nordic walking as well. It helped me a lot in the first weeks- and then I got a knee problem. So I had to stop walking (wasnŽt able to climb the stairs after walking- hurt like ****) . So I gave up exercising at all...The hometrainer wasnŽt helping me much there
I lend a knee bandage yesterday and I am going to try to do walking again in the next days. I think I am doing something wrong in the "technique department", so I am going to ask someone who has experiences with Walking (and knee problems) for advice.
IŽll let you know what happened! (If you want to...)

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Yea, i haven't been doing that well either, but I'm not giving up. 3 months is a LONG time to not binge, be very proud of yourself. It takes a lot of work to get that far. Don't fill your mind with worry, that just makes things worse.
I hope today goes better for you. Chances are if you do better today, you'll do even better tomorrow.
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #9  

Mamita, three months without bingeing is INCREDIBLE. Holy cow. I agree with the others (and with what you said). This is less than a hiccup. I know how you feel, and I understand your fears, but honestly, I think you're doing outstanding.
MyThreeTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

Like the others here, I understand how you feel and that frustration at bingeing. Don't dwell on it though, that will only cause more frustrations and open the door for more binges. You went THREE months! That is so awesome!! I hope you are having a great day today.
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:56 AM   #11  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

3 months is fantastic, way to go. Sometimes those binges just sneak up Hope today goes better.
Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:33 AM   #12  

Oh wow!! thanks for all your encouraging words, it means alot to me. I thought that 3 months without a binge was pretty crappy actually but I guess its not too bad I suppose. I hope we all manage to stay another day binge free

Mamita
Old 07-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I know I'm late in posting, but think of it as a ladder - you've climbed so far and one binge has taken you down one rung, but regardless you've still climbed up so many. The difficult part is when we let ourselves slip all the way down to the ground and have to climb all the way up the ladder again ...... if that makes any sense
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote