Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default Does your stomach really shrink?

Does your stomach really shrink when you begin to eat less, or is that just a myth? I am on day 7 of eating only at mealtime and thankfully, no binges. I am still eating about the same size portions as I normally do, but today my stomach is feeling extra full after my meals. Is it possible that my stomach is shrinking and not wanting to hold as much?
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I'm almost a year into eating less the majority of the time, but since I always still binged, it seems to me I can actually eat MORE than I used to. Isn't that weird? I can eat pounds of food at a time, and my stomach doesn't seem to be able to hold less than it used to. I may never have given it time to shrink. I think my longest binge-free streak was when I first started, and I think that was only a couple of months at the most.

I think my stomach's limit is 32 oz, because every time I drink a 32 oz water, it gets perfectly full. But that's liquid. I don't know it's capacity for actual food. I know that a Lean Cuisine sure doesn't fill it up. Nothing on my plan fills my stomach up unless I'm drinking water with it. The only time my stomach is ever full (and super full at that) is when I'm bingeing.

I haven't read any scientific studies or anything about this happening, so I'm not sure. I think I may look this up, I'm intrigued now.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have always heard that the stomach actually shrinks. I do know that after 10 months with my weight plan that I seem to get full much faster than I used to. This seems to help with portion control and weight loss.I have noticed too that sometimes when I feel hungry that if I have a cup of coffee or warm tea that I will feel full and not want to eat again for a while. Plus, drinking a lot of water helps to keep me full.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote