Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

It's always new food, isn't it? And especially if it says, "Limited Edition," I always worry they are going to take it off the shelves before I get to try it!!

I've discovered I can't buy ANYTHING sweet in a large amount, no matter how much I like it. I like to binge on citrus fruits and bananas, and if I buy a bag of tangerines, a bunch of bananas, or a bag of small apples ~ GONE within one sitting. So now I only buy one at a time, BUT I found I really have a distaste for Red Delicious apples, and I can buy a whole bag of those and I won't binge eat those.

So, I was really bad yesterday and binged TWICE!! That hasn't happened in a long time, but I'm over it and not beating myself up. I'm out of money now anyway, and only health food in the house, so I should be okay today.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #32  

you're not beating yourself up so that's half the battle. it's very tempting when you binge to think oh to heck with it i may as well get in a really good binge and go have a tub of ice cream and pizza as well...

i discovered to my delight that i have lost 1kg this week (2.2lb) so i guess that's from not bingeing as i haven't done any extra exercise. pretty good! that is an incentive to keep going. i have overeaten so it hasn't been a major hardship so far (of course that's in hindsight at the time of temptation the hardship was HUGE)

yes new food, new packaging and new sexy looking men to endorse it. we have adverts here for biscuits and ice cream that feature men with lovely broad chests and shoulders. hmmmmm

all the advertising gimicks work on me. new, limited time only, 2 for 1, on special this week, luxury etc etc

at least you have learned not to keep food in your house that is unhealthy. i know it in my head but keep thinking i will be just fine haha
Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #33  

Congrats on your 2.2 pounds!! Hey, we are just about the same weight!!! I hope you stayed binge free today, I sure didn't I'm sure I'll be beating myself up tomorrow especially if I gained weight.

Does anyone else (kind of) hope that they gain weight so it kicks their butt back into gear and end the binge? If I gain a bunch of weight, I get back on plan to get it off, but when I don't gain much, then I continue to binge. Sometimes I just need that incentive. I hate gaining, but it sure does stop a binge dead in its tracks. Weird.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #34  

no it makes sense because bingeing is an out of control response to the environment. so to respond differently you need to change your environment. positive changes are not buying sweets in bulk but sometimes you feel bad enough that you make changes. of course the positive kicks in the butt sound better

me i hope that something amazing will happen that will motivate me. last yr i was interviewed on tv and lost lots of weight. when i fall in love i usually lose weight too so i have this part of me that hopes for something like that to come along so i feel like i absolutely must lose weight. when i got diagnosed prediabetic i thought it was good because it would force me to eat better. didn't last thought

so far so good today but its 430pm and that's danger time
Old 04-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #35  

harpo so sorry you are struggling, i love that you keep trying!! reminds me of myself, no matter how bad a day i had/have, the next morning when the sun comes up i give it another shot. just keep at it!! take stock of the positives in your life that you can control! push the negatives aside, even write them down, and deal with them one at a time at your own pace. you can do this!! we're all in this together!

sweetpea you rock great job on your loss!!

welcome telemetrynurse!!

me?? i am still binge free this week. get this..... i ate 1oz of doritos last night while playing cards with some friends and it did not turn into anything...no binge, no remorse, nothing!!!! it just stayed a snack of doritos with no emotion!! i didn't crave the bag, i didn't wait until the house was quiet and eat the rest of the bag. i ate about 1oz of doritos and lived to tell about it. like i imagine a "normal eater" would. it was magic!!! might sound strange to some but this is a super huge deal for me!!

i hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 04-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjodi
i ate about 1oz of doritos and lived to tell about it. like i imagine a "normal eater" would. it was magic!!! might sound strange to some but this is a super huge deal for me!!
That doesn't sound strange at all to me. That's a major accomplishment in my world. Good work! Try to remember how good it feels to be in control! I know you'll be my inspiration today. I'll be chanting "one oz. of doritos, one oz. of doritos" in my head all day!
Old 04-29-2006, 03:22 PM   #37  

Yeah, Jodi, I never give up trying!! You are doing so awesome!! You are the binge free queen this week!! No, I completely understand your feeling of triumph with the Doritos. I would feel exactly the same way if I ate something off plan and didn't binge later.

I'm doing okay today, but I just woke up an hour ago (I went to bed at 5:00, it's not because I'm pure laziness). I've only had a cup of coffee.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:39 AM   #38  

ooooooh harpo i like your new picture. verrrrrrry sexy. i want to marry you or at least spend a few hours with you. except i think he's dead now ?)

catch you all later
Old 04-30-2006, 02:15 AM   #39  

Yes, Marlon Brando, my perfect man (that picture is circa On the Waterfront) But I loved him grey haired, raspy voiced, and hefty too. No, he isn't earthly present anymore. He's one of my favorite actors in the world. If you haven't seen On the Waterfront yet, do it now!! It's one of his best performances (warning: it will make you fall in love with him)
Old 04-30-2006, 02:38 AM   #40  

he is gorgeous!!! i like all those old stars. rock hudson was gorgeous in his young days too.

today i am tempted to binge. i have been picking at bits n pieces and definitely not sensible. not helped by being under pressure to make a decision. i am toying with moving to another town. i thought i had plenty of time to make a decision but today i saw a house that would be just right and i have to make my mind up by midday tmrw as another buyer is putting in an offer. oh the pressure!!! i have looked at lots of houses and this is the best but i don't want to buy it and then decide i'd really rather move to another town. so my eating has been erratic

jodi - well done on the dorito challenge.
jay - welcome to our thread
harpo - hope you can stay on plan today. good luck. why the late night?
Old 04-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #41  

Oh, sweet pea, it's usually late nights for me. Last night I babysat until 2 and didn't get to bed until 5 and then I woke up at 1:30 in the afternoon, so I haven't gotten tired yet. I have a circadian rhythm disorder and I have light therapy for it, but I haven't used it in a few weeks and it's catching up to me, so I need to get my rhythm back to normal. I'm going to start again Monday. My cycle is slipping back into its "normal" cycle which is sleep from 7 am to 3 pm. Most of the past week I've been getting up at noon and then today it was 1:30 and tomorrow it will probably be 2 p.m. and within a couple of days it will be 3:00 p.m. But my schedule is crazy because I have to take my nephew and niece to school every morning, so I wake up at 7:15 and then sometimes I come home and go back to sleep and sometimes I don't. I can't wait until school ends and then I can really focus on getting in a normal sleep pattern.

Tonight I actually just spent 5 straight hours spring cleaning. I just finished up, but I get a little compulsive about it, so I'm still not happy with everything. I know my back is killing me though.

I binged again tonight, because I went out with my mom for her birthday dinner. So I came home and ate more of course. And I ate fast food at that too. It was awful.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #42  

oh no how frustrating!
i've heard about those light boxes. a lot of people use them for depression. i have a circadian rhythm disorder also. they tried correcting it with melatonin without success. we don't have light boxes here (well not affordable ones) so i was given strict instructions to get up early and run straight outside and eat breakfast outside as often as possible to reset my day/night clock. i'm way too lazy to get up early but i do get up and go outside. also if i get up to go to the toilet i'm not allowed to turn on any lights at night

i don't know how you do that babysitting until those long hours. that would be waaaaaay too much. i can understand the bingeing when everything is out of synch. possibly (ok i'm psychoanalysing and may be off base) your bingeing is related to feeling out of control of your hours??? those hours would be really disruptive. it will definitely help you when you don't have to deal with that

birthdays - hey what do you expect? people celebrate with food, that won't change overnight. fresh start tmrw don't beat yourself up
Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #43  

jay- thank you! i keep adding up all my little positives and somehow that is giving me strength these days. glad to hear it was a little inspiration for you.

harpo- brando is a hottie!! nice pic! thanks for the "queen" title i'll try not to let it go to my head LOL. just aiming for my first totally binge free week in a little over a month (fingers crossed).with your sleep cycle out of whack no wonder you are struggling so much! i have bouts of insomnia on occasion and it throws my whole body off. hope you get into a good sleep rhythm soon! as far as the birthday goes, put that behind you and move forward. today is a new day!

sweetpea- sorry to hear you are struggling with a decision, hope all goes well.

last night was weird, i thought about a binge, made a late snack and tried to stay up to watch a movie with DH. got hungry again after the snack and just went to bed. TOM has reared his ugly head so who knows how the week will go. either i'll be starving every minute of the day or totally not interested in food at all. i'm hoping for the latter, easier to fell like i am forcing myself to eat than trying to stop the munchies!

hope you are all hanging in there!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #44  

Height: 5'-2"

Sweet Pea, praying that you make the right decision today.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this challenge. Just MAKING an effort is huge, and we're all to be commended.

I'm going to close this thread, and start a new challenge for this week...
Closed Thread