Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-12-2005, 02:18 AM   #1  

Red face Weightloss with Rheumatoid!

If anyone is like me, has RA, and knows what it is like to wake up every morning stiff and sore, and looking at your floor thinking "ooh this is going to hurt" Then, you take that first step out of bed, and you can feel the bones in your feet scream in pain as you hobble into the kitched and make a pot of coffee and start your day. I use to weigh 201 pds, I am now down to 156, I thought I had RA because of being overweight, I lost a bunch and it still didn't go away, I didn't flare up as bad but I still have it and lately seems the flare up's are occuring more often. I thought this thread would be a good one to have as support is good and I think it would be great to hear about others with RA & how the deal with it & try to lose weight.

When I think about it, I don't know how I get myself to the gym everyday and do cardio. I guess because I always feel better after I do it - so why can't I put that much energy into loosing weight. I work out with my joints flared up but can't keep my hand out of the chocolate bag - funny isn't it. I have been reading up on how diet can affect RA and when I read about the foods to stay away from and how the diet works, I am thinking weight loss would definately be a possitive side affect. Is there anyone out there who has tried the RA diet, if so, did it help your arthritis as well as give you some weightloss?
kelleen920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Kelleen, welcome! I'm not trying to get rid of you , but I don't know that anyone here has RA. I don't want you to be disappointed in the lack of response.
I CAN direct you to a thread with people with RA, though. And you're very welcome to hang around here, too.
Congratulations on your weight loss... you've done so well!!

Here's the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ght=rheumatoid

Let me know if the link suddenly stops working. (strange things happen around here)
The thread is in the Dieting With Obstacle forum, which is located here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Good luck, Kelleen, and as I said, please feel welcome to hang out here if you'd like to.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #3  

Hi. I just joined this forum. I also have RA and have recently lost about 40 lbs. The doctor told me I had to loose my weight, for my knees to get better. My RA has improved substantially since I lost the weight. I have not done any exercising yet, but plan to, once my knees feel better.
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:02 AM   #4  

Default RA Link

Thanks again Ellis, I figured after I posted the forum that I was in the wrong place. Still getting use to this forum thing, I do appreciate the link and will check it out.
kelleen920 is offline   Reply With Quote