Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi girls!

So sorry I haven't been around much.
Rosetta, I'm taking a sort of a mental health/self-esteem program. It's really good, but it's pretty "heavy" and rather draining. I think I'm going to get a lot out of it, though.
Hey, you're down 20 pounds, girl!! That's fantastic!!

Rachel, that's great that you were able to "control yourself" at lunch yesterday! You must feel so good about that!!
Hey, that Dream Dinners thingy sounds a wonderful idea! I'm going to cook some of those MYSELF this weekend, so we're not doing take-out all next week.

Alisha, thanks for the hugs, sweetie. Good luck with the job hunting, hon. I can just imagine the stress that's causing you. Keeping you in my prayers...

Melissa, you hang in there, girl. You're doing so well with the exercising and the eating... that weight is going to keep coming off.
How's DH doing with not smoking?

I'm feeling crappy. I'm taking this great program, and I'm eating better (not perfectly, though) and walking an hour a day, and I've GAINED TWO FREAKIN' POUNDS this week!! I could just cry. What's the point in doing this!? I may as well be lying on my bed eating and reading.
Sorry... I didn't mean to come here and dump.

I've missed you all... hoping to be around this long weekend...
Old 09-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #2  

Talking September Chick Chat!!

New thread for September!!
Old 09-03-2005, 07:34 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi and Good Morning,

Yeah I've been missing too I've been barely keeping up with things lately lol. Ellis sorry for the 2 lb gain, I've gained so much in the past 2 years I'm just so ashamed. Just gotta keep trying

Other than that I'm on vacation this week and DD starts school (pre k) so I'll get to take her in the morning. I really didn't want to miss out on this.

Well back to surfing the threads........have a good weekend.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:53 AM   #4  

Leenie, I thought you were dead! Not really... just busy. I've missed you, hon. I hope the family is doing okay. Thinking about you...
Vacation! How wonderful for you... enjoy every minute of it, girl.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #5  

Hi. I am new here and just checking out some threads while I look for the right support. I have 60 lbs to lose and I am trying to do Weight Watchers. It's a little overwhelming. I want to lose weight yet I don't change. Anyway, I am a stay at home mom with almost two year old twins. Hope to get to know you. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #6  

RLK, welcome! We're so glad to have you join us in our own efforts.
Two year old twins sounds a handful. How nice that you're able to stay at home with them.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:51 PM   #7  

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, toddler twins are pretty busy but it's absolutely fun. And I am blessed to be able to stay home. I guess it hasn't been good for my diet though since I have gained 30 lbs in these almost two years. Isn't that shocking? I have to do something!!
Old 09-04-2005, 05:53 AM   #8  
Swiss Chocolate

Hi RLK, I'm new too! And hi to everyone else too of course.

How is everyone doing today? It's probably the middle of the night for most of you still.

Me, I did really good yesterday. It was good to see that I actually still have some control after a few really bad days. I had several small meals, I got lots of water in, and I exercised. I'm planning on doing the same today, but it doesn't really feel as good as it did yesterday. Does anyone else get the feeling that you overate, even when you didn't, and then use it as an excuse to just keep going? I've been good so far today, but it feels like I haven't. I have that feeling that "the day has already been ruined, so it really doesn't matter", when in fact, it hasn't been ruined at all. It's hard to explain. I will fight though. I haven't come this far to keep letting me sabotage myself.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #9  

Good morning, girls!

Manu, I know exactly what you mean. I did that yesterday. I'd had a really good day, but hadn't "tracked" my food, so I felt it WASN'T good! I got up at midnight and made myself a sandwich.
Today I'm committed to tracking on Fitday.
Congratulations for not giving in to the food, Manu! I hope you have another good day.

RLK, I know what you mean... I love that I stayed home with my kids. I know it's not for everyone (and I certainly NEVER thought I'd be a stay-at-home-mom), but it was what I needed. I don't have any regrets.

Let's all have a good day, girls! No enabling each other here... eat well, and move those bodies!

Hugs for all...
Old 09-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #10  

Hello ladies...Wow, your posts read my mind today. I haven't journaled anything so I feel like I did badly. I will have to figure out my points (WW) and see how I did. I am nervous for tomorrow since I will be eating out with hubby. I also didn't get hardly any water or exercise in. VERY BAD. What's my issue?? Tomorrow has to be better!
Old 09-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #11  

Hello all! Welcome to the newbies.

I am having a so-so holiday weekend. I am torn between understanding that if I am going to do this for the rest of my life I need to have some days where I go up in calories and remember that after the "holiday" I just go back to normal. Eating 1800 calories isn't that bad, but I feel guilty for even allowing myself to go that high. BUT then I also feel weird at the family BBQ when I am sitting there eating carrot sticks and they are all snacking on chips and such.

I will probably be at 1800 calories all three days of this long weekend. I usually give myself 1500 for Friday/Saturday anyway. Why is this extra 300 calories bugging me so much? Because I don't really need it. But I want it. And a holiday weekend is a great excuse. Ah, whatever. I am sure I will be fine once I get back to my normal routine. Being out of routine is just a deal breaker for me. I think once I just decide to accept that I'm probably better off.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:21 AM   #12  

Default Hello everyone

I would love to join your group

I`ve been around for a couple of months, reading your posts. Everyone is so supportive and positive, and you all inspires me every day. I have been a compulsive overeater for years, now struggling for a healthier way of living.

~sisley~
Old 09-05-2005, 07:22 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpamelissa
Ah, whatever.
Melissa, you hit it right on the ding-dong there.
You said it yourself... just accept it. And it's NOT a break in routine. It's part of your NEW routine. This is a lifestyle thing, and that doesn't mean punishment for the rest of your life.

sisley, welcome! I'm so glad we inspire you, and that you've decided to join us. Come and tell us a little more about yourself.

Me? I started out well yesterday morning. Had a very healthy breakfast.
Then, while DH and I were cooking freezer meals together, we had a minor spat (indication of a too-small kitchen?), and I immediately thought, "Ch*ps!" Even after DH apologised, I STILL couldn't get those darned things out of my mind, and I ate a large bag, plus a bunch of other unmentionables later. CURSES!!
The only good thing is that we went for a walk last night, and I've dropped the two pounds I gained this week since starting exercising.
Hopefully I can pull myself together today, and have a good week.

How's everyone else doing? Enjoying the long weekend?
Old 09-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #14  

Thank you Ellis for the welcome. I`m so glad I found this website

Well - I`m 37 and living in Norway. My english is a little bit rusty, but I hope you all will understand my writings. Happily married and a beautiful 3 year old daughter.

I have been struggling with compulsive overeating in almost 15 years, not telling anyone but my husband. Now I`m coming out with my problems, which is very hard for me. I really need all the support you girls can give, and I hope I can be there for you too.

~sisley~
Old 09-05-2005, 10:50 AM   #15  
Swiss Chocolate

The concept of people actually knowing exactly what I'm talking about... is still new to me. I'm so glad I found this place.

Ellis, thank you! I actually did have another good day yesterday. Today's a different story. For me, it was cake and chocolate. And lots of nuts, but I hear nuts are healthy, even if they have lots of calories. I don't know, doesn't really matter that much anymore today. I'm trying hard not to just throw away this day, it's really tempting. Let's fight though, hey?

RLK, I hope today is better for you!

Melissa, thanks for the welcome! Routine is a big deal for me too. Strangely enough, when I was unemployed and at home most of the time, I seemed to have a better routine than now that I'm working. "Doing this for the rest of my life" is still a very scary thought for me. Or it is again, because I was fine for a year. Hang in there!

Sisley, hello fellow European!
Closed Thread