Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #1  

Default March Check-In Thread

Hi ladies,

Silly, that's great you found a new meeting. :clap:

I am in my second tri now and things are going well. I am not as tired (although fatigue hits me after work) and my m/s is going.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #2  

Hi! Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to Kat! I'm so happy for you! And thanks for the welcome on the other thread.

Rika
Rika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #3  

Thanks Rika.

Hi guys - not sure what to do here. It's hard remembering a check in when no one checks in.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:39 AM   #4  

Smile

awwwwww what happened to everyone? I remember when I was here before there was a good group that checked it almost every day....but then again, that means everyone is busy with life, right? So it's understandable for sure

Anyway, hope you're feeling well this week Kat , and again, so glad to hear your happy news! That's awesome! Is this your first child? I have 5, so you'll have to catch up with me (just kidding)

Hi Rika!

I'm going to OA Meetings now (been to three now) and I really am so very thankful that God led me to me them, it was kind of uncomfortable at first, but now I am really appreciating and benefiting from them! I look forward to each one now! The support system is GREAT!

You guys have a great week, and I'll check back in later!

skippy

Oh my word, I just saw this emoticon, how adorable! (lol) ---> :sman:

Last edited by skippy257; 03-14-2005 at 07:46 AM.
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:33 AM   #5  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hey, ya'll! I haven't been around in ages but I need to be. Kat, glad the pregnancy is going well. Are you going to find out the sex or be surprised? I always preferred to know - only so much surprise I could stand.

Hi Skippy! Good to see you!

Hi Rika!

Okay, so I haven't been around, but I need to be. I haven't been eating "lovingly". I can do it for a couple of days, but then I fall back in to old habits HARD. I thought Lent would help - nope. Thought doing redecorating projects around the house would help - but with the kids, it's too frustrating to start things I can never get around to finishing, so, nope. Oprah's Bootcamp inspired me for 48 hours.

And I realized that one of the benefits to losing weight in my brain is the opportunity to buy lots of cute clothes. But shopping is a crutch for me as well. So I wouldn't really be free, I'd just be consuming something different. I need to be FREE of the need to consume. I need to be whole as I am.

So, do we hear from Chris anymore? I worry about her. I'll check some of the past threads. Maybe together we can get this group going again.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:01 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Default Hello Ladies...

I'm still here , and I'm still an OA (online) meeting leader. I'm working the steps (slowly) with a sponsor, and I'm beginning to make progress.

Kat: How are you feeling? Is everything o.k. with your little passenger ?

Treasaigh: I think it was Chris that inspired me to check out OA.org for myself. I'm so thankful for the online meetings-along w/3FC, they've been a lifeline for me.

Take care everyone
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #7  

Joanne, where do you have your online OA meetings at? and what times? Maybe I'll stop by at one....I go tomorrow for my 4th OA "in person" Meeting, I look forward to it each week, I had a terrible week this week, so I am especially looking forward to being in tomorrow's Meeting.

Hi Tracy, great to see you! It would be awesome to get this group going again!

Much Love,
skippy oxo
Old 03-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #8  

How is everyone doing today? Ok for me today, yesterday was an emotional day for me, but today is much better. I loved my OA Meeting this week, and I had a great talk with a new friend from there yesterday (during my most emotional part of the day), she was SO helpful! I'm really feeling a huge sense of belonging with OA, I feel like it's where I am supposed to be, kind of like I've been looking for something for years, to help me, but wasn't sure what (after trying diet after diet after diet ) and not just about eating, but the support and all the other stuff , this group just seems like the place I've been looking for. I am so thankful for it and so thankful that God led me to it.

Hope everyone is doing good.

skippy
Old 03-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #9  

Default It's great to see you all!

Skippy, I'm glad you found support through an OA friend when you needed it. That's awesome.

Tracy, good to see you! I haven't heard from Chris in months. I believe she still co-mods this forum but I don't know if she checks in. And, yes, we are finding out the sex. I am hoping we'll know next week at my next doctor's appt but I don't know if she plans to look. I'll be over 17 weeks then.

Joanne, that's great your leading meetings. Do you have a topic you typically do or a type of meeting (like a step study, etc...)?

I am doing well. The second tri is way better than the first. I sometimes get stress headaches (not from major stress, just normal stress like my job). My belly is totally showing and my boobs won't stop growing.

DH and I are going to San Luis Obispo tomorrow for a few nights - can't wait!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #10  
Countess Walks-on-Water

HA! Kat, a friend of mine said the other day that where she used to flash her boobs to get the bartender's attention, now she slings them across the bar and hopes they get in the bartender's way.

I got an inspirational thought for ya'll today, by way of a sermon - We are what we worship. I know I've heard it before, but as my eating's been horrible lately, I needed to hear it again. Today, I'm gonna worship my God and LIFE! And if a jellybean slips in now and then, I'm not going to get nuts about it.

Hi to Joanne, hi Skippy - glad you found your home at OA!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #11  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi again, girls, my DD wants to click on a smilie face.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:00 AM   #12  

Tracy, . Luckily, they are super firm right now - but I'm sure after breasfeeding a couple of kids that'll be a different matter.

I *may* find out the sex tomorrow. It's still a bit early but my doctor has the u/s machine right in her office so I am going to ask (I am 17 weeks). Otherwise, it'll be another 4 week wait. Hmmm...

It looks like I am going to be shopping for a new sponsor. Mine is great but we are on totally different schedules, etc... I think I want to find an online one (I personally have an online sponsee). With the future baby it just seems the smartest and easiest way to communicate with someone. But it is weird looking for someone when I am in the middle of a step (4), etc... Not sure how that'll all work.

Have a great day!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #13  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Oh Kat - I hope they can see the baby whatsit!

The kids have had a stomach bug this week, starting early Easter morning. Yikes. DD is better, but DS is still giving Exorcist-like performances. I used to have a serious barf phobia. I'm over that now.

Hope everyone is doing well. Apart from the sickness, I'm pretty good.

Take care!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #14  

How do we find one online Kat? I need to find one too....