Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-11-2004, 07:21 AM   #16  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Ahh, the kitchen finally looks good. This green works with the cabinets and the faux brick floor. Now, I'm a little stressed because my SIL, BIL, and their 6 children arrive after lunch and are staying for dinner. It should be pretty wild, but fun. They're on their way to Hilton Head from Kansas.

I haven't been doing as well in the past couple of days since my b-day, but my period started this morning, and that may have something to do with it. It's my first real one since Matt's birth. DH called on his way home the other night, and asked if I wanted anything - he was stopping for a Ho Ho. I requested a Twinkie. Instead, he brought me a whole box. Fortunately, he ate almost half of them.

Okay, have two bathrooms to clean and two lasagnes to assemble. Take care, everyone. Where's Jennelle?
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:10 AM   #17  

Smile

MissLily, you are an inspiration to me as well!! oxo (all of you are!)

Kat, that's great you get some time off!! Woo Hoo! \ / I hope you enjoy it!!

Tracy, I am soooooo glad that you said that about the twinkies, because it helps to hear others going through that as well! (have you ever had the chocolate dipped twinkies? mmmm, they are good, sorry, I don't mean to tempt you) but seriously, you guys are helping me a lot, I didn't know at first that coming to this board would help any really, but it has! Just knowing I can express my thoughts here and not be judged for how I am feeling, or expected to be a "perfect dieter" has been so helpful! Just knowing you guys understand and go through your own battles in all this, helps so much! So I just want to say thanks to all of you for sharing your feelings and listening to mine!! I'm going to have to express much more I am sure, it's been hard to stay on track. Each day I am about to give up, and then something happens to keep me going and before you know it, I got through the day! (and wake up feeling good about myself)>>until I get tempted later in the day to give up, but I am trying to keep on going.

Jennelle is in California (hopefully having a great time!)

I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!! oxo

cyndi oxo
cyndi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 04:10 PM   #18  
Countess Walks-on-Water

No, have you tried a deep-fried Twinkie, Cyndi? I can't bear to. Why mess with perfection? So glad you feel at home here!!
Old 06-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #19  

Default Wanting to share...

I typed this up for a fitness board I visit and just wanted to share:

I finally got around to making a weight loss website. I still have more to lose, but I am happy with my progress so far. I sometimes get frustrated with how long it has taken me (my highest was in 12/01) but looking at these pictures actually helps inspire me.

I was a skinny teenager and thin throughout college. It wasn't until I moved 3000 miles away from home, to the land of the friegen beautiful (Los Angeles), into the real world (graduate school, full time work) that I started having weight issues. From May 1997 - December 2001, I gained almost 60#.

I am an emotional eater and a compulsive overeater. In January, 2002, I was just plain sick of it. I had tried many diets but always failed them (I failed them, not vice versa) because I wasn't truly dealing with my issues. Food really isn't my issues. How I behave with food is.

That year I worked on my emotional eating, using Bob Greene's Get With the Program. I lost 16# on that. But slowly, the weight began to creep back on. I felt like, once again, such a failure.

That's when I started looking into 12 step programs and came across Overeaters Anonymous. I began going to meetings online and then to meetings down the street from me. I got myself a sponsor and began to work the steps, taking each day one at a time.

I was a spiritual person before OA but now I am even closer to my Higher Power (HP). I speak with her daily. I let her guide me, instead of my own sick thoughts. I do not eat unless I am hungry (wow, what a concept - but for this COE, it's not easy!). I obsess over food and life issues way less because I am on a tight spiritual path. This program has freed me to actually live my life.

I've recently celebrated a year of abstinence. Taking it one day at a time. It's been a fabulous journey.

Anyway, sorry this is so long but I wanted to share. I also created a photo album of my journey. You can find it here. The username is Weight and the password is Loss.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #20  
Countess Walks-on-Water

KAT!!! Wow. It must be so wonderful to look in the mirror these days. What an inspiration you are!! And it's so nice to see the lovely face under your Catwoman mask. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Old 06-12-2004, 11:52 AM   #21  
Searching

Talking Living in today!

Kat- Thank you for the wonderful share. Your an absolute beauty, you look so delicate. Just beautiful.

Tracy- Food is food. Your wonderful in the now, and the food can not grant that or take it away. What a gift to be able to put up with 6 people invading your house!

cyndi- You show me a perfect dieter and I will show you someone so caught up in dellusions of control they can be sicker than any of us on a given day. Been the perfect dieter, making my own little perfect ****. Now that I have fired all my diet gurus I get to think and decide and plan for me

Having a fabulous day. Not much to say I just am. I learn so much everyday from opening my heart to my HP ,my program, the people in it, and all of you. I just feel so grateful and blessed. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #22  

Default Thanks ladies!

I look delicate? Wish I felt delicate. Thank you for the compliments, ladies!

Today I am going to a wedding dress fitting for a friend. She's probably 100 pounds soaking wet, so I'm glad I decided to make that photo site yesterday to keep my sick little head in perspective. Instead of wasting the time fretting (in my head) about how much bigger I am than her (which makes sense, given that she's like 2-3 inches shorter than me), I will actually enjoy the fun little event. What a concept!

Have a beautiful day, ladies! Whether or not I've ever seen your face, you are all beautiful. How can I tell? From the words you share here.

(BTW, the forget if I mentioned that AF showed up this week - so now I'm on cycle 2 for TTC...it was disppointing but HP helped me deal)
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:03 AM   #23  

Smile

Kat, you are gorgeous!!!!! Both, before and after!
cyndi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 05:23 PM   #24  

Red face

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I (skippy) used to be cyndi.....skippy is my regular online name. When I joined, I was feeling really bad about myself, and I didn't know if I wanted to really be "me" or not, so I just kind of quickly came up with the name cyndi. Now that I am feeling better about myself, I want to use my regular name. Sorry for the confusion, and hope you understand.

skippy oxo
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:14 PM   #25  
Countess Walks-on-Water

I understand completely, Skippy. I lurked for a long time before I felt ready to reveal anything about myself.

I've had an okay day - dog tired, but okay. Sorry you had another period, Kat, but HP knows when the timing will be perfect. You know, I've had lots of friends who used ovulation predictors, and went at it from a scientific angle. I just jumped my DH when I felt like jumping him, which was of course when I was ovulating anyway. There was less pressure and more fun that way. Take the time to enjoy the process. (Oh, and get used to unsolicited advice, 'cause when you're pregnant - EVERYONE seems to feel they have a right to open their mouths in the best interest of your baby.)

Now go get you some. (Where's the 'dog humping a leg' smilie when you really need one?)