Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 09:54 AM   #1  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Thumbs down Friday Daily Thread!

Hi Gals - I'm preparing to pick up my cat. Haven't totally decided on a name - she's a tortoiseshell Manx mix, which means she's ugly AND she's missing a tail!! She's very cute, actually. I thought a Manx name would be nice, but I don't know of any. Our other cat's name is Murphy, so I might name her Guinness to keep with the beer theme. Then we'd call her Nessy. Any other suggestions?

I've done well the past couple of days, food wise, and I did talk to the contact person for the local OA meetings. I'm looking forward to attending next week. One day at a time.

Hope everyone else is well - our weather is beautiful in SC, which helps my mood! Sending love your way!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

guinness is a very cute name

it's not raining yet today so let's hope it stays that way!

tonight david is taking me on a date to see jersey girl, the new kevin smith movie. i'm excited for that!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:50 AM   #3  

Default Tgif

Hi ladies,

My parents had to put my childhood cat to sleep yesterday. He lived a nice long life but I am of course still sad. We had him since I was 13.

Weight Watchers was one of my attempts during my COE, too. But after 9 months of abstinence, I felt (with HP and sponsor help) that I had the tools to actually use the program responsibly. Luckily, that has been true for me. But I totally understand not wanting to touch a program from our COE historys!

Tracy, good luck with the new kitty! I think Guiness is such a cute name!

Ceejay, the OA chatroom or another one?

Jennelle: Gas is even more here in CA at some stations. I only work 5 minutes from my house and drive an economy car, so I'm doing OK with it.

Holly: Have fun at the movie!

Today I may get my nails and toes done. But I may just wait until the weekend. My old work friend has been majorly cranky to me as of late (she wears her heart on her sleeve), so that's been annoying. But I am not going to feed into it. Last I checked, I graduated high school over a decade ago.

Today's meditation:

Try cruising above the turbulence.

We all have these times: we're tired. We have a million things to do.
Members of our family are fighting. There is a crisis at work. Our
thoughts are churning.

Picture what it's like to be on an airplane as it climbs higher, gaining
altitude to rise above a storm. Bounced by air turbulence, it cuts
through the clouds, and then it emerges into the blue sky. The sun
returns (it was always there--just obscured by the clouds), and the ride
becomes so smooth that there is hardly any sensation of motion.

In a similar way, we can rise above stormy events and our own inner
turbulence. We can cruise at a different altitude. To reach that new
level of tranquility, we can use various methods from relaxation
techniques to meditation to the Serenity Prayer to taking a walk or a
shower or a nap.

Since a Higher Power is in control of my life, I can cruise above the
turbulence.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:31 PM   #4  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

for Kat. So sorry about your kitty. They are such great friends.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:48 PM   #5  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Morning all!

Well I survived yesterday's long work day One of our workers went on vacation and someone else misunderstood who was working for her so she made plans for this weekend including Thurs. and Fri. So rather than have her change her plans I am working but will be chewing the other one out when she gets back. It is their responsibility to be sure their shifts are covered if they are going to be gone. And, of course, she is the one that has been a pain in the rear lately anyway so she will be getting an earfull. One of my eating triggers is to eat rather than confront people but I am getting better. Keep me in your thoughts or prayers today cuz it is another long day today.

I like Guiness too! (and Nessy) We have a torty cat too and her name is Merta. She loves the neighbor more than us so she lives over there or else I would actually have nine cats at home.

Movies! I love movies! The last movie I saw at the theatre was The Passion. Mostly because of our late nights we end up renting them. We own an Italian Restaurant and therefore weird hours and the town we live in does not run late movies even on the weekends.

I am just this morning so off to work.

Everyone have a great day today.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:47 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, girls!
Just popping in... it's crazy busy around here.
Kat, I just wanted to send you love and hugs... I'm so sorry about your cat, dear girl.

Love and hugs to all... back later...
Old 03-26-2004, 04:10 PM   #7  
Searching

I think Ellis was talking about me , it is busy around me today! Hopefully I will BBL otherwise I will see ya'll tommorow afternoon. Meeting tonight, 2 meetings in the morning, and I have a friend with believe it or not a broken elbow!

Love ya
Miss Chris
Old 03-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone for the hugs!
Closed Thread