Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 08:15 AM   #1  
Searching

Default 12 Mar 04 TGIF!

GOOD MORNING!

I have a bunch of car stuff to take care of today and I needed a mental health day so I called in 8 hours of vacation. It was way scarier in my head, I never give short notice of my plans but my boss said it sounded fine.

First of all I need ya'lls help. Ever since I have gone to Monday to Friday days I am not getting as much help from my family. I am cooking, doing some cleaning, and the only me time I get is when I go to meetings. Otherwise I have only worked out 2 days this week (which isn't bad, one day at a time) , my house looks like crap, and I feel like I am barely keeping up.

I guess maybe the Flylady can help me? Whatever you Mon-Fridayer's d would be helpful too.

Otherwise I am working my program everyday and I know the joy of that.

Angi- Feel better, everything in God's time.

Ellis- I need you front and center today otherwise I am going to stalk you

Christy- I haven't heard from you yet this morning

Kat-

Jenelle- Thank you, sometimes we have to go with our hearts

I love you guys and I am feeling awful needy today so please check in
Miss Chris
Old 03-12-2004, 09:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Chris, good for you for taking some time off!
Okay, FlyLady is great, but what you need to do is to call a family meeting. You should have them once a week, whether you need one or not. Just sit down together at the kitchen table with some nice drinks. This is not confrontational... this is a time for everyone to voice their issues. Have some pads and pens handy for writing down suggestions. Each of you mention (nicely) the stuff that is bugging you, and ALSO bring up the stuff that is positive. Stuff that you like about each member of the family, etc.
Sorry... I'm rushing writing this... a friend will be at the door any second.
Listen, this is a great thing to do, and it really works. It's a "killing with kindness" method. Learned it in therapy.
It only has to be a 10-20 minute "meeting", depending on how much crap you have to work out. You could each keep a running list, too. Write stuff on it throughout the week that is bugging/pleasing you, and mention it at the next meeting.
We usually end the meeting with hugs. We all feel good because we've spoken our minds rationally, we know we still love each other, and no one has done any yelling. It's very affirming.

Chris, I love you very much. Don't you get down, girl. Lots of love and hugs and prayers...

gotta run... back later... love all of you...
xoxo
Old 03-12-2004, 10:11 AM   #3  

Default Hi there!

Just wanted to say hi quickly before work. DH and I are going away this weekend so I won't have a chance to check in again until Monday.

Family meetings sound like a great idea.

Everyone have a blessed weekend!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:44 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Hey Chris...Don't I know that feeling? I work less hours than dh, so I don't mind doing the bear's share of housework, but GEEZ! A helping hand or two is nice. It's very easy to become overwhelmed. So good that you are working the program though. You seem so determined, I know that somehow it will all fall into place for you.

Ellis, I love the family meeting idea. We do that every once in a blue moon. I should bring that back on a more regular basis.

I've been AWOL all week cuz I've been sick. Disgusting stomach virus and all that that entails, with TOM thrown in for good measure. I'm feeling MUCH better today, so it's back to the piled up laundry, mail, newspapers for me! <sigh>

Excuse me, I gotta go call a family meeting!

Hang in there, kids!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-12-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:16 PM   #5  
Searching

Talking Good Afternoon!

Hi everybody

Today has been okay so far, except that I probably talked too much during my DH's interview He said I did fine, but I need to learn to shut up and listen.

Katrina- Feel better hun. I am sorry you have been sick. Without illness I know about that pile. We can do it right?

Kat- WE WILL MISS YOU!

Ellis- "Killing with Kindness" I like it, I also like the idea of a group meeting then everyone is fully aware of what is expected of them. Otherwise how you feeling girl? <-----I love this smile I would love to sit down with coffee and talk to all of you.

Christy- It's 1519 where are you girl?

Jenelle- How was school today?

Love to all!
Miss Chris
Old 03-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Chris - I think all of Ellis's ideas are great! I tried FlyLady for awhile, but she always harps on how we should realize that doing it all for our family is a "blessing." Screw that! I need some help once in a while! If mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!

It's Spring Break! Wooooooo----HOOOOOO!

I actually have work to do, though. I have a boy who is fixin' to fail the fifth grade for the second time in a row. I talked to his mom today - she really is doing everything she can and has taken away damn near all his freedom, but it's still not working. Now, you can usually tell when a child is struggling because they need special education services, and I think this boy is just flat-out lazy. However, I told his mom today that I was going to start the process to recommend him for testing just in case we are missing something that's not his fault. So, I need to work on that ream of paperwork over the break. I would also like to just go on and knock out about six weeks of planning, then I won't have to worry about it.

I hope everyone else is hangin' in and hangin' on!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:43 PM   #7  

Default Here I am!!!

Today was my "mental health" day, too. Dh and I ran around together shopping and such. Wednesday was our anniversary and today was our belated alone time. It was great!

Chris -- Of course you aren't crazy for wanting to change jobs! Do what you love and are good at. I'm glad you had some time off today, too. Why are you feeling needy? Is there something you need to talk about? Unload away!

I can't be much help to you about the chores situation. I do the lion's share around here and have just learned to live with it. To be fair, DH pitches in more often than many husbands, but, and I admit this with some shame....sometimes I'd rather he just not because I like things done a certain way and would prefer to do it myself. I know...it's a sickness, but it makes me happy in a control freak sort of way, Maybe I'll grow out of it... Anyway, FlyLady is great! I have her book and would be happy to send it to you if you'd like to read it.

How's the car? Fixed, I hope!

Ellis -- Glad to see your "face" around here again. Are things getting better? It's great you have friends to help you through this time!

How's the tenant doing so far? Did she move in last weekend or is it this weekend?

Are you going to tell us all about your trainer or not?!? Hey, I'm going to be joining you on the Beach! My eating plan is just not cutting it. I'm not bingeing, but I'm not actually losing any weight either. I don't want weight loss to be my main focus, but let's face it, being 100 pounds overweight ( ) is not healthy, attractive, or setting a good example for my daughters!

Katrina -- So sorry you've been under the weather! Like Chris, I can totally relate to that pile o' laundry. There's no way to get rid of it completely unless all these people walk around nekkid, and who wants that?

Kat -- Have a great weekend, you carefree lady, you!

Jennelle -- SPRING BREAK?!?!? Don't EVEN talk about spring break, girl. I'll come down there and... (Maybe I'm a wee bit envious ...have a great time. Make sure you enjoy it enough for both of us! )

Okay, I need to tackle my laundry pile and work on a grocery list.

Later...love ya...
Christy

Whew...I see I haven't lost my gift of gab, have I?
Old 03-13-2004, 12:33 AM   #8  

Just a pop-in.

Someone just sent me that joke about the "stress diet" which has a meal plan and by the end of the day you end up eating everything in the house.

Ha ha.

I don't have the guts to reply to this dear friend that I don't think it's funny. Would you?
Old 03-13-2004, 11:05 AM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Angi - I think I'd just let it go. Normal eaters just don't understand.
Closed Thread