Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 01:20 AM   #1  

Default Festive Friday - 2/27

Hola!

Hee, I am cheating a bit. It's still Thursday here but Friday for you folks on the east Coast.

I am retiring for bed soon, but am in an online meeting. I love just clicking on my OA room link and finding a meeting going on. The wonders of the internet!

Here's to a beautiful, abstinent Friday - one day at a time!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:09 AM   #2  

I was asking myself "how the heck did west coast Kat beat us all this morning?" Now I know!

The online meeting I went to yesterday was good. I hung around afterwards for a little bit and asked a few questions; it was nice.

Yesterday was my first abstinent day in a very long time and I feel wonderful this morning. Now, to do one more day at a time...

We have a snow day today, but it won't go according to my master plan. I have a sickish DH who is coming back home. Sigh...he has a cold, but you would think it was a major debilitating illness. I love him...dear God please give me the strength and willingness not to kill him today.

I'll pop back in later and catch up with you lovely ladies.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:33 AM   #3  

Angry

Good morning.

Can I ask you guys a question? I know that it has to do with OA, but what exactly does it mean when you are 'abstinent'? Do you mean you are on plan, staying away from junk food, etc?

My coworker just gave me a box of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. She bought them because she knows they are my favorite, which is very nice, but I wish she hadn't. I think I can get through the day with them here as long as I don't open them. If I have one, I will eat them all.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:05 AM   #4  

Just a quick hello (Kelly, my abstinence is refraining from compulsive overeating. My food plan changes daily).

Tomorrow is Unity Day for OA. Here's info (PDF file - need Acrobat reader): http://www.oa.org/pdf/UnityDayPR04.pdf
Old 02-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Smile

elizabecca--I don't think I'm ready to go to any kind of a meeting at this point. I use my aunt, a dietician, for my food sponser and my sisters for moral support , and of course my doc, because he monitor's my weigh in's etc. I'm using him because I have other medical problems that need to be montored while dieting

Kelly, My abstinence is to not eat the whole thing--which causes me to binge.

Today is "me day" I'm doing whatever comes to mind. I'm going to exercise at home today. Just going to work my abs and then hit the gym tomorrow for upper body.

I slept late this morning so I had no breakfast, but at lunch time I went to work. The water department won the contest for raising the most money for the cancer society 500.00. We had steak, baked potato, salad and a roll. I did extremely good. I took a flavored bottled water to drink. Since I had a baked potato for lunch and can't have another one today, I think I'll have chili over salad but I need to go to the grocery store--Think I'll go to super walmart in Blytheville-They have better fruit.

I'm also in the process of making a web page. I'll have pictures to show before long
Old 02-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #6  

Hello again!

Kelly -- My abstinence is not to compulsively overeat or engage in behaviors that lead me to doing so. For example, eating in secret, finishing what my DDs leave behind on their plates after meals, running to the cabinet or refrigerator when I get angry or upset...all of these things and some others put me in a situation where I can no longer stop eating. I don't really have any foods that are off limits right now, but I can't say that will never happen.

CeeJay -- I've never been to a f2f meeting. And I was very wary of attending online meetings for quite some time. I've been to several now and they really help. It's nice not to feel alone in this disease!

It's been a good day so far. Even the DH with a cold hasn't annoyed me. Much. The girls and I went to the library, the gym (but childcare was closed--bummer), and then shopping for a baby shower gift. Now I'm finishing up laundry and working on some math homework for Tuesday night. Later I'm going to get the DDs started on a school project and scrapbook for awhile.

This is one of those days when I'm just so happy and content to be who I am! Mind if I share another gratitude list?
*snow days (especially when the snow melts completely by lunchtime)
*Yankee clean cotton scented candles
*sunshine
*playing basketball at the gym with my girls
*Fridays
*my sickish DH
*empty clothes hampers
*good books to read
*the internet
*peace of mind

Bye for now,
Christy
Old 02-27-2004, 05:35 PM   #7  
Searching

Talking Just for Today I am mostly Grown-up

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I didn't post more last night, the computer at work was giving me fits

I have totally been in one of my parents "GOT TO RUN" modes. My DH wishes these were genes they kept But just for today I have paid back part of an outstanding debt, all my bills are paid, I have done kind things for others, and I am abstinent. Plus I got this great new excercise ball which has apparently regressed me to about 9. I my new ball.

I thought abou taking it to bed with me, but I read Yoga journal instead. I just feel so ready right now to just try to be at one with God. Accepting of myself, and to play with this great big old blue ball. Too bad it isn't pink, it would match my top

Christy- CONGRATULATIONS on eating clean for yourself. I have been reading tons of literature and it occurs to me that the reason abstinence is so important is that when we are "in the food" it drowns out the sound of life and God. When I fully invest myself into living there is no room for the food.

Lovely gratitude list! I am really thankful for candles today too. I take all my baths and showers by candle light and it helps me relax.

CJ- Have a lovely "me" day . I really feel that self investment spills over to the whole world, if I am loving me than it makes it easier to love you When you are ready you will find the companionship of meetings.

Kat- Feel free to cheat time anytime. It is truly relative.

Kelly- Abstinence is defined by you and can be worked out with a sponsor, but in OA it is simply to refrain from compulsive overeating. My abstinence is simply that, my food plan which is a tool and one of my gentle guides to stay abstinent. My food plan includes refraining from sugar, like you I find a little sugar is never enough to saite the monster inside me. So I starve the disease and that helps me stay abstinent.

Okay I have my favorite meeting tonight. Fridays! We study the 12 steps and 12 traditions and the shares are WONDERFUL!

So I need to journal, but I will try to pop in later!
Miss Chris
Old 02-27-2004, 06:00 PM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Kelly -

My abstinence does involve a good amount of "off limits" foods, but that's because they are foods that cause me to binge. Some of my abstinence foods are pizza, chocolate, ice cream, pastries, pies, cakes, and American cheese. Generally, I don't have a problem with bread or pasta like some folks do.

My abstinence also deals with behaviors. I am not allowed to eat in my car because it's too secretive. I am not allowed to eat out of boxes, bags, jars, or cans because it leads to a fast rate of eating that just screams "binge" for me. I also am not allowed to eat anything after dinner, even if my tummy's rumbling. Eating after dinner leads to eating from 10:00 to about 1:00 a.m.

But abstinence is different for everyone, so you have to define it with the help of your sponsor and your HP.

Jennelle
Old 02-27-2004, 07:45 PM   #9  

Hi all,

Just stopping in to say hola. Today was a beautiful day but I think it's going to rain tongith. Fine by me, I like being home when it rains. Cozy!
Closed Thread