3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   It's Saturday...where is everyone? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/36370-its-saturday-where-everyone.html)

ellis 02-08-2004 09:07 AM

Welcome, Gina!! :wave: Thank you for the link to the article...

Chris, I said this elsewhere this morning, but YOU BABE, YOU!! :D

KatSLP 02-08-2004 10:52 AM

Good morning

Hi folks!

Just stopping in to say hello. Not sure what I am doing today - I need to work on my resume (going to look for a part time speech job to help earn $ for lowering our debt/upping our savings).

I hope everyone has a great day!

elizabecca 02-08-2004 02:04 PM

Hey all!

Welcome Gina!!!

I'm not feeling quite so vile today. I thank God, and I know my family does, too! :lol:

Chris -- Aren't you a cutie? Loved your pics. You and the DH make an adorable couple. How long did you say you guys have been married? My DH and I have been married for 14 years this March. He came downstairs this morning and had shaved off the goatee he's been sporting some variation of for more than 5 years. Hubba, hubba! I'd forgotten how much I LOOOOVE his "naked" face! :o

I'm up for a game and some step 2 sharing as well.

Kat -- What a disturbing sounding movie. Really makes you think, doesn't it? My girls are very sheltered, but I have girls in my class at school (8 and 9 years old) who wear the really low slung pants with little messages on the butt like "In your dreams" or "2 Hot 2 Handle". Gross! Who thought of putting such nasty things on a child's clothes??

Jennelle & Ellis -- Hello ladies!

I've got to get some school work done! I know I said that yesterday, but I got really engrossed in From Fields of Gold by Alexandra Ripley and had to finish it. Excellent book!

I'll check back in later if I get my work done!

Hugs,
Christy

Jennelle 02-08-2004 02:22 PM

Christy - This is the first school I've worked in where children are required to wear uniforms. They're simple uniforms: black, navy or khaki bottoms; gold, blue, black, or white tops. Clothing cannot have logos or sayings of any kind. I really like it. It just makes for a better environment. We rarely run into problems with it, except for the requirement that pants with loops be worn with a belt. That's the biggest infraction. (Earlier in the year, we were sending girls home who had too-short skirts on, but now that it's winter that's no longer an issue.)

Chris - I've always thought you were lovely. I think you could wear a gunnysack and have purple hair and it wouldn't matter - your beauty would still shine through. As far as stuff to get us thinking, I think some more step work would be fab. :)

ellis 02-08-2004 04:37 PM

I get my new meds tomorrow! :dance:
I just told the children to go and clean their rooms (I don't THINK I snapped!), and DH asked me what was wrong. :rofl:

Christy, I HATE that clothing! Our DD tried getting away with the "exposed belly look" a couple of years ago, and I put my foot down. Her argument was that "everyone else is doing it". I don't care what the fashion is, I WON'T have my little daughter walking around inadvertently getting the wrong kind of attention. And the underwear and pants with the slogans... :mad:
I recently wrote a letter of protest to one company carrying "politically incorrect" slogans on their merchandise:
http://www.tolerance.org/news/article_tol.jsp?id=929
Our daughter actually respects us more for not letting her get away with everything. It's REALLY difficult with a depressed child knowing when to draw the line on how much leeway to give them. Our daughter's psychologist had to keep reminding us that WE are the parents, and that it's our responsibility to set the boundaries. I think that's something that a lot of us parents forget. It's so hard not to give our kids everything they want.
Jennelle, our daughter went to a school with uniforms for a couple of years. It was GREAT! There was no nonsense about what to wear in the morning.

Kat, good luck with the job hunting! I'll be saying prayers for you. :grouphug:

Christy, I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. :grouphug: I can relate to the shaving thing. :lol: My DH is on and off with his beard/goatee. It's like being married to a new man when it comes off. ;)

Chris, I LOVE what Jennelle said about you. It's right on the button. :)

Where is Sarah?
And Gina?

My sweet DH just made a big pot of chili. I'm seriously considering starting up my eating plan again tomorrow, but we'll see... ;)

elizabecca 02-08-2004 04:59 PM

Ellis -- Look at you! You survived this week intact! :cp: It sounds like you're none the worse for wear. (Not much anyway! ;) ) Will it take long for your new meds to build up in your system or can you expect some instant gratification? Been praying for you, girlie!

Thanks for the link. Those things make me so :mad: , too! You're right, though. They do send the wrong message and the kids wearing them have no idea what the message is for the most part. I know there are many people who think I'm overprotective of my daughters, but as long as I am in charge of them, there will be none of that stuff! I'm not overbearing with them about it, but I have explained to the big girl that we are trying to raise her with high moral standards and some of the things that "everybody else does" do not fall in line with our beliefs. The little one...she doesn't care yet. She'd rather put on some camoflauge hunting gear and play with the boys. :lol:

Wow, it's so beautiful here today! I just noticed that it's nearly 5:00 and the sun is still shining just as hard as it can outside. Nice, very nice!

Later,
Christy

rochemist 02-08-2004 07:03 PM

Good Morning!

:yawn: If I would had work tonight I would be running late :lol: I have gotten nothing done this weekend except helping my DH navigate the world of Resident Evil :p So I need some motivational prayers, please :^:

Christy- I will have been married for 14 years come Oct. I am so happy you are feeling better today :grouphug: and seeing beauty around you.

The vile company's that want to dress our little girls like Ho's? Ambercrombie and Fitch, The Gap, Girls Limited :mad: Now my niece is "Miss Thang" whenever I see something that says that I buy it for her. She is all about her own mind and getting her own way. I LOVE Miss Ariel to death :smug:

Ellis- GIRL YOU SOUND SO MUCH BETTER TODAY! You made it, and I am still praying for you :grouphug: :angel: :angel: :angel: Your food plan? Don't sweat the small stuff, God has a life plan for you lady :D

Kat-You rock can't wait to read you ESH when it comes to Step 2. I have been really thinking about what Step 2 means to me. I always cry when I think of the beautiful relationship I have begun to forge with my HP. I can say that I love God and I mean it, he feels close enough he is another person that I interact with in my life.

Jenelle- Thank you :grouphug: Your direct honesty and truthfullness about where you are in your journey makes you shine. You always stood out to me at the 100 lb. club as someone I understood. Your just beautiful lady :cloud9:

Gina and Sarah how was the weekend?
Miss Chris :dance: