Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-30-2018, 08:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 2??/2??/160

Height: 5'3.5

Has anyone tried mindful eating? Any recommendations?
StarAnise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:19 PM   #32  
Call me Mel

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppaloopa View Post
I think you might like a book called Bright Lines. She took it from the old Grey Sheet used in O.A. No meetings necessary. There is facebook groups on this but all that is needed is the book no boot camps is necessary.
Sorry I'm late in replying to this, Oppaloopa. I've bookmarked the bright line eating web site to read through this weekend. Thank you for the suggestion.
Tortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #33  
Call me Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarAnise View Post
Has anyone tried mindful eating? Any recommendations?
I've just started reading a book by Susan Albers this week. She's a psychologist and self proclaimed expert on Mindful eating. Well I'm no expert, I can't vouch for her or anything, her books kept coming up in my Amazon recommendations, so I ordered a used copy of one and I'm plodding my way through it now.

Which is what reminded me of this forum and this thread I started and neglected. In other words I'm still struggling, still waging the battle of insomnia, anxiety, depression and the food I use to cope with it all.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #34  
Call me Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortie View Post
Sorry I'm late in replying to this, Oppaloopa. I've bookmarked the bright line eating web site to read through this weekend. Thank you for the suggestion.
Well, the bright line eating website requires an email address before giving any information - always a red flag. So I read several reviews on Amazon; and yeah, my instincts were correct. I'll give this a pass.