Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Question A Question for the Women

So I'm pretty good with my food intake, I'm Diabetic so I kind of have to be. I don't binge anymore and haven't in years. BUT... when I'm PMS'ing I get ravenous. I do not binge, but I eat more than I'm used to.

I started intermittent fasting yesterday - using the 5:2 plan. But here I am, PMS'ing and I feel like I'm already blowing it

So how do you all deal with this?
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

PMSing doesn't make me hungry, just crave beef (and I'm usually a chicken or pork type of girl). I personally just give into these type of cravings because I'm all about listening to my body. I figure if my body wants beef there is probably a reason. So if I'm particularly hungry, I eat more.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I get like that sometimes as well, but I just want real food. All afternoon at work, I'll think about what glorious meal I'm going to make as soon as i get home. i keep almonds at work and have only a few before i head home and that keeps me from going off the deep end until dinner is ready. Also, lots of seltzer water helps make me feel full.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Thanks guys for your replies. It's driving me nuts... It's the only time I'm ever more than off with my food. Sigh
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/236/145

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

I get like that too. I get to the point where I obsess over the food I want when I'm PMSing. I usually find something minty. That helps. And as long as I don't eat the food I do okay. I will specify that usually I want chocolate or something high in sugar. So avoiding it is best.
Kwagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #6  

I definitely get super cravings around my cycle. I have always been prone to binging on sweets, and around that time it can be intense for me. I also have PCOS, so I think that may just make it worse.
After being bulimia and a binge eater for so many years, I've learned to listen to my body. If I want a donut I'll eat it—knowing a food isn't off limits really has helped me mentally. But, I also know if I overeat something I will feel crappy, so I try and allow myself to eat whatever I'm craving, but at it slowly and enjoy it. I usually feel satisfied, and not guilty or ravenous, afterwards.
You did mention you were diabetic, and having PCOS I can sort of relate since sugar and carbs affect out blood sugar levels. I have actually made a board on Pinterest with low or no sugar desserts that actually are AMAZING, plus they're usually made with better ingredients such, such as fiber, so you'l wind up feeling full and satisfied having a smaller portion
victoriouslyliving is offline   Reply With Quote