Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #1  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

Default g*d dangit

i moved two months ago and my binge eating re-emerged after quite a long hiatus. i've finally got the binging under control again, but i know i'm on shaky ground. that a little cheat here or there could easily snowball.

well, i'm visiting family in two weeks and i'm really worried. my sister has already talked about getting me two cakes and other indulgent desserts. wtf!! i told her i'm not looking to indulge but she's very excited about my visit and loves resturaunts and desserts (as do i) and also can act offended when people say no to her ideas. sticking to plan is so needed right now. not only for some peace of mind (gain some confidence back mentally and physically) but also because i could easily start binging. i'm going to have to be forceful. to say no to a lot of things and watch others eat things i'd love to indulge in. i cannot afford to "let go" while there. i'm very worried about my determination of the mind at this moment in time while i'm still in very active recovery.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Just don't go shopping @ COSTCO for desserts , or you'll go "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs." I did.....
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:56 PM   #3  
improving life!

hahaha! i'm usually pretty good at costco. they have the best salad greens out of anywhere!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Does your sister know about your struggles with binging? Honestly I'd just ask her not to get it, so you don't have the temptation. If they need dessert for other guests, maybe try and get something that you don't like, but everyone else does (for example I don't eat German Chocolate cake, so no struggle there for me!).
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #5  
improving life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Does your sister know about your struggles with binging? Honestly I'd just ask her not to get it, so you don't have the temptation. If they need dessert for other guests, maybe try and get something that you don't like, but everyone else does (for example I don't eat German Chocolate cake, so no struggle there for me!).

she knows i'm trying to lose weight, as is she. she struggles with food herself, though i don't imagine or know anything about a binge disorder. she was currently attempting a very strict diet last month which i believe didn't last and also gave her massive cravings. which is why i think she is going buckwild with dessert ideas, haha. it's also my birthday, my nephew's, and my sister's while i'm visiting. ahh!!

a dessert i don't like, haha.

i did tell her not to get the desserts. i'm more concerned about constant suggestions for this and that resturaunt every meal time. and i'll go expecting to get the healthy options but getting worn down from the constant use of willpower. i'm also really worried about the food my parent's keep at their home. lots of snack food (something i don't keep in my house).

(also, thank you guys for the responses)
Old 12-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

My issue isn't binging as much as just eating till stuffed at every meal without counting the calories.

So bear in mind I can only speak from my own experiences.

I love to eat holiday foods at the big pitchins. So I think that's similar to binging because I get 4-5 plates . Yeah .

I took to intermittent fasting. Not making that suggestion.
But to deal with the food as the event.

I took a close look at my eating habits for the week prior and week following. I had less stress about the binge when I was in control before and after. That way I was social and enjoyed my time with family and friends. I also try to look for other things to do at the gathers where the food isn't the most important thing to do at the events. Having fun or at least enjoying myself with non food entertainment had to be more important than the consumption.

Another way I approached the food parties. Was to have a planned break. So I practice Intermittent fasting most of the year, but from thanksgiving to new year's I'm ona planned break.
. Meaning Jan 2nd I'm back to planned menus.
Good luck.

Last edited by Pang; 12-31-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote