Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Hiding food

Its been a while since I've posted on the 3FC forum, let alone in this forum. But I wanted to write down an incident that happened yesterday as a way to hold myself accountable. So here goes:

A little backstory is that I've had a history of binge eating all my life. Its a problem I still struggle with but I can say that I haven't had a binge eating episode in over a year. There have been times where I've definitely over eaten-but nothing like the all day binges (sometimes two or three days) that I used to experience. While what happened yesterday wasn't a binge-it was definitely something that I used to do while I binged that really scared me and made me quite sad.

Both my boyfriend and I are starting back on healthy eating habits. Yesterday, I planned on going home and having a nice healthy meal but at the end of the day I had a severe craving for fast food and decided that I was going to eat it and just track the points anyway (I'm doing Weight Watchers). I didn't plan on seeing my boyfriend that night until he called while I was on my way home and told me I left my running shoes in his car and that he was on the way to my place to drop them off. This of course ruined my plans on indulging in fast food because he would be there when I got home and see me eating it. Instead of being honest with him and telling him what I was doing or not eating fast food at all I still went to the fast food place and ate the food in my car (while I was on the phone with him mind you). When he asked me why I wasn't home yet (it doesn't take me long to get home from my place of work) I lied to him and said I was stuck in traffic. I've never lied to my boyfriend before especially about my eating. I felt horrible afterwards. To make matters worse, he went to the store and got us dinner and I ate it not wanting him to know that I already eaten.

Again, while this was not a binge it is most definitely something I used to do when I would binge eat. I used to hide food from my mom and friends all of the time so they wouldn't know how much I ate. Plus, lying to my boyfriend hurt me so much I wanted to cry. I felt so ashamed and guilty and realized that the food wasn't worth how I felt afterwards.

I'm debating whether or not I should tell him anyway or just let it go. Even today this is still bothering me which is why I wanted to get it out here on this forum. Sorry for the lengthy post but appreciate any feedback!
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I did something like this recently. I was craving fast food, went to Wendy's, ate it in my car, and threw away the evidence without mentioning it to my boyfriend. I suppose the only "up" side of it is I ordered a much much smaller item than I would have gotten in the past, AND it was the first time I had done it in a LONG time.

For me, the horrible feeling that came out of it was enough to teach me a lesson, but if you think it will help you going forward, come clean to your boyfriend. You had a really good plan to begin with - satisfy your craving and still track the points. I don't know why we get this bizarre urge to hide it from supportive people in our lives and I hope we can both squash that bad habit for good.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Yes! My boyfriend would have been nothing but supportive (we've both struggled with our weight, both have lost a lot and have both regained) but hiding overeating has just become second nature. This time around though I think I have learned a lesson but I know if I do something like this again I will have to come clean.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #4  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

I definitely know this feeling, especially since I usually go on diets with my sister, and hey... sometimes we mess up. As for whether you should tell your boyfriend or not, I would suggest that you go easy on yourself and let it go. Forgive yourself this ONCE, and then promise that you won't make a habit of it
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote