Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #1  

Default Newbie

I am glad to find this group! I am an overeater and a binge eater. Portion control is foreign to me. I am going to turn a new leaf and start controlling myself. It will be nice to do so with others on the same journey!
annsokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello and welcome. How do you plan on controlling yourself?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/251/175

Height: 5'6"

I too am a newbie! Good luck on your journey and stay strong! You have already accomplished something by reaching out for support. Remember, One meal at a time!
hotmomtobe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #4  

Thank you Wannabeskinny and hotmomtobe3 for the welcome. Wannabeskinny, I thought of your question to me for 3 days now. How am I going to control myself and not binge or overeat. YOu know, I have no plan. Just my diet plan which is on paper, but no force to stop me in my tracks. I have a lot to learn. Do you have any suggestions or thoughts to help me out? I want to be successful this time, I want to be healthy.
Ann
annsokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I asked because that's a question I had to ask myself every time I "turned a new leaf." The intention to be good was there, the motivation was there, and somehow I always fell off the wagon and finally ran out of new leaves to turn.

Just remember that over eating and binging are behaviors that have served an important purpose. It's not easy to let go of something that's so effective so don't be too hard on yourself. I have found intuitive eating to be really beneficial to me both in terms of weight loss and making peace with food. Check out some of our threads in General Diet Plans and have a look at the book The Overfed Head which is a great intro into IE and an easy read.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #6  

I just found this forum too. I know what worked for me was just lessen the food I was already eating. I would put chips and stuff like that in bowls instead of a bag and eat less that way. I also cut back on eating out. For me food is still way harder than a workout will ever be. Also I really never went to the gym that often while I was losing most of my weight. I walked a lot and got a crazy puppy which kept me more active.
gingerlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #7  
Started IP Sept 12, 2014

S/C/G: 321/257/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annsokos View Post
I am glad to find this group! I am an overeater and a binge eater. Portion control is foreign to me. I am going to turn a new leaf and start controlling myself. It will be nice to do so with others on the same journey!
I too am/was an over eater. I thought unless i was disgustingly full i wouldnt be satisfied. Good luck!!!!
crystalian is offline   Reply With Quote