Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #1  
bilingual illiterate

S/C/G: 312/302/250

Height: 5'7

Default help

oh man..its happening..the desire to stuff my face with candy and treats..ive been doing so good, but i was grocery shopping earlier, and looking at all the awesome christmas candy and such....!!
any support would be great!!!

candytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi candytrees,

Have you had dinner? What have you eaten today?

Also, what healthy options are available to you right now?

You can do this. Make the decision that is right for you.

Good luck
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #3  
bilingual illiterate

i just ate!!! i had shredded wheat for breakfast, a 6 inch turkey colby jack sandwich for lunch, and a pork chop, asparagus/potato..so i have had plenty to eat. makes zero sense at all to me.
i also had 2 pieces of sugar free chocolate turtles earlier too.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 277/232/135

Did you eat before you went to the store? I always roll my eyes when my mom tells me this but it does help resist.

If you want something that crunches or pops while you chew, a great alternative is the spines in romaine lettuce. This may sound silly but if I just get that urge to have something bite size and pop-able it will chop some up into bite size pieces, toss it in a bowl with a little sea salt and I can mindlessly munch.

If you just absolutely "Need" some holiday candy or sweet buy something that is a single serving. Like an ice cream sandwich from one of the freezers at the front of the store, one of those small single serving ice cream cups, a single decorated cookie. Then take it home with you. Don't eat it in the car. Once you have put away the groceries, sit down somewhere quiet away from other distractions like tv and enjoy it. This way you savor the enjoyment, don't have multiple servings to become one GIANT serving and you almost feel a little sneaky like you're getting away with something if you take it home. (Granted, you can't do this everyday but if you don't do do it every now and then, you are far more likely to have a face stuffing extravaganza) Just remember an extra 100-200 calories once in a while is better than 3000 calorie explosion that you kick yourself for afterwards.

(Believe me, it's cookie baking season and it's killing me not to taste them constantly to make sure they are still as great as they were 10 min ago. ;-) Oh how I do LOVE cookies)
KRKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #5  
bilingual illiterate

those are some good ideas!!! ugh. i wish i didnt like chocolate and candy so much..its been so bad for me. i am used to getting a bag of hersheys kisses and sitting here and eating the whole bag at once..!!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 277/232/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by candytrees View Post
i am used to getting a bag of hersheys kisses and sitting here and eating the whole bag at once..!!!!
I'm an M&M girl. I totally get it. I found the single serving treats that I take home have helped with portion control. Left to my own devices I could totally polish off a 12oz bag while watching a couple episodes of a K-drama. So yummy but a total diet killer.

Just remember though that even if you do have a day where you totally binge hardcore. It was 1 day and you shouldn't beat yourself up for it. Every pound you lose is a WIN. It doesn't matter if it takes you 1 day or 1 week to lose it. What counts is that you keep pushing towards your goal. Don't let 1 bad day turn into 1 bad week and then a bad month. Just say "Ok, so yesterday I screwed up. Today I'm going to do my best." AND don't try and "Fix" what you did yesterday, just do your best with a clean slate the next day or next meal and keep working towards your goal!
KRKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #7  
bilingual illiterate

sounds awesome!! i think i might eat a cheese stick or something,