3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free November! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/269116-binge-free-november.html)

danzingurl77 11-06-2012 09:14 AM

Mottainai- what a great discovery!! How did your night end up??

This month has been hard food-wise to stay on track! I didn't binge yesterday but ate to maintainance- normally it wouldn't bother me but I've been wanton to stick to my calorie-cycle and when I have already had three binges in the last week my body does NOT need 2,000 calories for a day for a while. My "happy" weight was 125- and for some reason I keep sabatoging myself every time I get to 130. I know it's not a huge deal- more of a control issue for me than anything... Here goes another day.

I hope everyone is doing better in November than I have been!!

atmos 11-06-2012 11:09 AM

Ferny - It definitely takes a lot of focus. Good on you for working against it and good luck today!

KittyKatFan - 7 days is great, and well done on fighting those urges!

2Dy2Mrw - That's great! Good luck continuing that today!

mottainai - Way to go, that's awesome! I'm with danzingurl, how did the rest of the day turn out? You're making the most amazing progress, thanks for letting us be a part of that. :)

danzingurl - I'm sorry November has been rough for you so far. But at least you ate maintenance rather than binged, and today is another day. You're still in a good position to turn November around.

Yesterday wasn't a good food day for me. After work I decided to give up on watching my calories and just ate casually through the evening. But at least it wasn't an out and out binge. Much better than I used to be. So, I'll count it as a small success and keep working on getting back on track after my crazy weekend. Upward and onward today!

tubolard 11-06-2012 11:28 AM

No binges so far in November. Today will be 33 total days with no binges I think.

JossFit 11-06-2012 11:36 AM

Hey all, I'm officially in... not only for November but forever! I have had periods of binge eating in the past and then periods where I enjoy planned 'treat days' around special occasions, but lately the more frequent binges have started occuring again.

I will spare you all the long drawn-out details of my particular situation right now, but the Cliff's notes are that I realize now that I have some fairly severe PTSD issues and as my life is becoming more hectic and I was nearing another deployment I have started binging again.

I made the step the other day of talking to my leadership at work about it and am taking time off from work and deploying to de-stress. I will also be separating from the military entirely next summer.
I have also made arrangements to begin speaking with a therapist regarding my PTSD and stress issues. Hopefully this will help me not to feel the way I have been over the past year or two and will give me the tools I need to get back to enjoying my 'treat days' and not binging again.

My plan is to stay 'on plan' with my current dietary and workout regimine and enjoy an indulgent Thanksgiving WITHOUT turning it into a binge (eating past what is sensible) and without letting it carry over into multiple days, which has been my main issue lately.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having planned out days where I eat a lot, especially on holidays and special occasions. I do, however, think there is a problem when I suddenly feel an urge to eat massive amounts of low-quality junk food when I'm not even hungry.

Anyway... this is day 2 for me. :) I am leaving in a little bit to fly out and visit my husband (he lives out of state) and historically traveling has been an issue for me. I need a little extra willpower today!

laceyj 11-06-2012 03:52 PM

Jossfit, good luck to you. I hope the time off gives you the strength you need.

So far so good for November. Yesterday I went over and was feeling like I wanted to binge. I had a bad day at work, generally stressful, and after dinner I grabbed the last chocolate chips that were in the bag from baking. Mind you, it wasn't a lot, but I had some wine with them. I did not feel out of control though and it was more of a slip. Hopefully I can keep it up!

mottainai 11-06-2012 04:28 PM

Thanks for checking in with me, atmos and danzingurl!

Well, I did go ahead and have my refeed despite how I felt earlier. And to be honest, I slipped up and went into binge mode a little after I had finished my planned amount. But even though it was a major boatload of food, as usual, it wasn't a frantic or compulsive binge, and I just feel good about having enjoyed it and don't feel anxious about going right back on plan.

I'd like to cut out this major calorie setback completely for the sake of weightloss, but for now, this may just be where I need to be, and I'm determined to accept that for the time being! If it means feeling this OK, rather than feeling scared and deprived of binges, doing it unplanned and feeling guilty, it's worth it, I guess.

tubolard 11-06-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRiotGirl (Post 4519205)
OKAY...I binged about an hour after leaving my first post in this thread. It seems the binge monster has caught up with my weight loss efforts, once again. Sigh. Better willpower, next time.

LOL. I picture a troll like creature with looooong arms dragging the ground. His hand leave chocolate smears behind him. His teeth are candy corn. His hair is peel & pull twizzlers, his clothes are all different wrappers of my favorite candies and foods and he has a hat made of a big reeses pb cup. :rofl:

2Dy2MrwAlwys 11-06-2012 08:32 PM

I'm embarrassed, but I need to admit something. After my awesome victory yesterday with family, I had a tiny binge at home. We had to go to the store late last night and I was feeling both bingey and hungry. To make a long story short, there was a bag of shrimp chips, some pocky, rice candy, and a mostly mayonnaise sandwich involved. I didn't make myself ill and I've been trying to reason that it was just a splurge, and not truly a binge... but the fact is that I went over my calories, I gave in to some compulsion I felt to consume those things, and I believe that had everything to do with this problem. A binge is a binge is a binge. I'm not going to cut myself some slack or lie to myself about what it really was. So, that's my admission of guilt. Time to reset my healthy eating ticker. Today is day 1 for me all over again. :moo:

EDIT: Oh, and to make things even more awesome, I'm up 0.8 lbs today.

KittyKatFan 11-06-2012 09:48 PM

Joss Fit: thank you very much for your service to our country.

atmos 11-07-2012 10:47 AM

I'm having a rough time resetting from my weekend and definitely binged last night. Calculated, executed, uncomfortable fullness type of binging. It wasn't quite robotic out of control, but it's still not where I'd like to be.

I need to focus on resetting. So, my goals for today are to eat normally, though not bother counting calories, and to finish putting my house back in order after my visitors. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back into the swing of things tomorrow by prepping today, as jumping in feet first obviously isn't working.

Good luck to everyone. Seems a lot of us are struggling to start the month, but we have some great inspiration as well (especially you, tubolard!).

mottainai 11-07-2012 12:50 PM

Morning, everyone!
I feel fine this morning, 0% forecast of binging today, haha.

It's actually like amazing to me, that I feel so much like not binging. I feel so much more in control now. Used to be that the day after a binge, while they were unplanned and I was fighting against it so bad, I would just feel so bad I only wanted to binge again and again. But now, I really just want to get back to the regular eating part of my plan more than anything. It feels so good!!!

Gonna try and catch up with some of you personally....

atmos - I'm sorry you had a binge. Resetting, like you said, is tough! I think that taking it slow getting back on track is really a great idea. Hope your day goes well!!

2Dy2MrwAlwys - Sorry to hear you had a small binge. Don't be too hard on yourself! It's not completely day one all over again-- think of it as a learning experience to help you moving forward! Good luck!

laceyj- Sounds like you're doing great so far! Way to keep up the motivation and not get discouraged by small slips.

Joss- Nice to see you on here, girl. You know I'm rooting for you. (:

tubolard- You're doing incredible, so inspiring to me!!

danzingurl- How're you doing?? I know all about the self-sabotage that happens when you get close to your goal. Best wishes to you today!

neon_zephyr 11-07-2012 01:45 PM

No binging and no bad food choices since the last time I signed in! I had soda, but it was diet and only a half a can. And, I've been making a conscious effort to work out at least twenty minutes in the mornings before getting on with my routine. I put a spin/stationary bike in my bathroom (big bathroom, lots of space) so that I stop to work out before I even get a shower. Let's see how long I can keep this up. Wishing all of you luck and strength, too! :)

danzingurl77 11-07-2012 02:29 PM

Jossfit: you have always been an inspiration to me on these boards- good luck with all of your upcoming changes and I would also like to give you a big thank you.

Atoms: I hope you are able to get back on track, it always seems so difficult to get re-started... I'm still sending positive thoughts your way!

Mottainai- l am doing better! Thanks! I've been staying off the scale and am trying to convert to a once-a week thing, but it's so tempting sometimes! Glad to hear you are feeling great today!

I don't foresee a binge coming today- but am still wary... I feel like even on good days I am still kind of at a risk.. So here's to another binge free day and to moving forward! 10 days here I come!

Ferny1730 11-08-2012 12:25 AM

Since starting on here, I've been including smaller amounts of treats and sweets in my life everyday. Realistically, I am probably eating the same amount, just spread out over the course of the week instead of all clumped in one weird feeling period of time. And I am trying really hard to not sneak food, but to just enjoy it and not feel like I am doing something wrong.

I am not sure if this is going to last long term, but has this worked for anyone else? I think my old ideal/perfect diet didn't make enough space for food that I crave and enjoy because it is "bad" food (ie. "fat food").

I feel less inclined to have a crazy all-or-nothing binge thing because the food isn't unattainable anymore, or sinful. It's just a daily part of my life that is important. My body has been telling me it loves oil and chocolate for a long time, so maybe I can have it...?

I will be interested to see how this pans out, because for me diets have been all clean and healthy delicious and not "fat" delicious.

tubolard 11-08-2012 10:39 AM

I came close to a binge. I ate a small supper, it tasted soooooo good, :drool: you know the kind where you could easily eat every bit of it all by yourself? I ate my small amount, then thought I want more, anything else, everything else, I will start with a biscuit with jelly. I fixed the biscuit, took a bite and actually made myself taste it. It didn't taste very good. I took another bite, it tasted worse. Then I realized what I was fixing to do. I was going to eat the whole darn thing even though it tasted gross. I threw it away. I sat and stared at that stupid biscuit for probably 15 minutes wondering why on earth something like that would have so much control over me, such a pull to eat it even when it tasted bad.
I struggle with eating smaller portions, even though I have been doing a really good job at it so far, it is still so hard sometimes. I really hope it gets easier eventually.
I know some of you are struggling right along with me and I know we can all do this. I sometimes think of you guys when I want to eat too much. I don't want to have to come in here and confess my sins, lol. :o
:dust::dust::dust: