Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #121  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

mottainai,
Good job... keep up the good work!!!

danzingurl77,
I don't work.
I workout 1/2 of day and then take a nap
in between, I eat.
for now, that is my life.

Hello everyone
good but windy day here in SoCal.
10.5 miles in the morning.
thinking about adding just a little more today.
been eating more than usual..
decided to "just" to stay where I'm at instead of trying desperately to loose while Ms. PMS is in town.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Last edited by masterptr; 10-26-2012 at 11:35 AM.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #122  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

hey everyone. no binges here since I've been back at school from fall break. too busy studying and running around to have time to binge. good i guess

danzingirl- that's great that you've figured out something that works. it's kind of like calorie cycling which I end up going if I'm M-F good at 1300 calories, I let myself have Friday or Saturday from 1700-1900 and call it good

I took last night off from exercising, I had a huge exam this morning I studied for until midnight and had no energy. But today I'm going to hopefully do a zumba class and some weights or just run on my own later. I've been so sleepy lately! it's hard not to just curl up under the blankets and not leave my room :P

Good luck today everyone! It's Friday!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hooray for Friday!
I sort of hate Fridays because weekends are comparatively boring for me, and I actually enjoy going to school, but I also love Fridays because it means the last day I might struggle with binging.
I pulled through yesterday and am going kinda easy on myself today with a bit less exercise and a bit more food, but still staying on track. Just have to make it through one more day to make it a week!

Best wishes to you all, enjoy the last workday of the week!!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #124  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Mottainai- yay, the weekend is here! I hope you can get to a week! That's always such a great milestone! I hope you find something fun to do this weekend

Alias pearl- how did your exam go? Studying is so tiring... I hope you get all of your energy back for Zumba! Yeah I like calorie-cycling. It seems to really worn well for me.

This weekend has been insane already. I teach at 3 dance studios and am the high school dance coach at a charter school- today was one groups annual charity Halloween show (they did WONDERFULLY- I'm SO proud), tomorrow I teach all day starting all new competition pieces for the year, and tomorrow night I am in charge of the charter schools Halloween stomp. I am FREaKInG out! My school only has about 150 high school students, so they are allowed to bring kids from other schools, but three larger high schools are also having their dances this weekend. It's one of our only allowed fund-raisers for the year so I'm praying that a lot of kids show up... I don't want my first year as the coach to be the year that the stomp is lame

All of this is making me want to dive headfirst into a bowl of brownie batter. But hopefully, I won't do it!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #125  
Angela

Oh, Jessica
You'll do just fine!

Good Luck!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #126  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Still no binges. I went out to eat last night with hubby and I ordered sliders and fries, I ate 1 1/2 sliders about 10 fries and gave the rest to hubby. I am getting really scared i will mess up now, but in another way I am feeling stronger and stronger. It is kind of confusing.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Well it has been awhile since posting. I had a wedding reception last Saturday night and they served pointing and pizza.! I had thoughts of maybe being strong and not eating, but realistically I deep down knew I would indulge, which led me to buying a package of chewy chocolate chip mini cookies, hiding them under my car seat and eating them spuratically throught the evening before the reception. I ate 4 slices of pizza and poutine that night and drank alcohol. It led to the next day, finishing off the cookies nod getting take out breakfast and supper among other high fat things thru out the day. I was back on "plan" Monday, Tuesday I was fine til 3pm then lost it again. I started back at my weight loss clinic on Wednesday, feeling like I need to be accountable o someone. I just get so frustrated. People say eat til your full......I binge ..... so I don't get full until it is too late. I crave high carbs fatty sugary foods when I any in my system. My binging has become way worse since I lost all this weight, way out of control and irrational thinking when it comes to food now. Not sure I can deal with it. My counsellor is also now on a medical leave so I have to find a new one. So far I am day 4 binge free, wanting to loose the bit that I have gained in a month and a half...obscene 13lbs and hopefully figure out how to eat "normally" once I introduce carbs again. Honest to god this is so hard. I am worse now loosing all that weight.....now I feel 5 lbs and can't stand it on me.......but it is not enough too keep me from binging. I have heard nothing tastes as good as thin feels but damn it I can't control the food once I give in to it! I don't even indulge in "good food". I waste it on stupid stuff just to have the sensation of eating and swallowing. Wow sorry for the rant.......just so tired of it all!
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Hooray for Friday!
I sort of hate Fridays because weekends are comparatively boring for me, and I actually enjoy going to school, but I also love Fridays because it means the last day I might struggle with binging.
I pulled through yesterday and am going kinda easy on myself today with a bit less exercise and a bit more food, but still staying on track. Just have to make it through one more day to make it a week!

Best wishes to you all, enjoy the last workday of the week!!
We can be so hard on ourselves, good for you for making it thru yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
Mottainai- yay, the weekend is here! I hope you can get to a week! That's always such a great milestone! I hope you find something fun to do this weekend

Alias pearl- how did your exam go? Studying is so tiring... I hope you get all of your energy back for Zumba! Yeah I like calorie-cycling. It seems to really worn well for me.

This weekend has been insane already. I teach at 3 dance studios and am the high school dance coach at a charter school- today was one groups annual charity Halloween show (they did WONDERFULLY- I'm SO proud), tomorrow I teach all day starting all new competition pieces for the year, and tomorrow night I am in charge of the charter schools Halloween stomp. I am FREaKInG out! My school only has about 150 high school students, so they are allowed to bring kids from other schools, but three larger high schools are also having their dances this weekend. It's one of our only allowed fund-raisers for the year so I'm praying that a lot of kids show up... I don't want my first year as the coach to be the year that the stomp is lame

All of this is making me want to dive headfirst into a bowl of brownie batter. But hopefully, I won't do it!

Wow I am exhausted just reading that...good luck for staying strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
Still no binges. I went out to eat last night with hubby and I ordered sliders and fries, I ate 1 1/2 sliders about 10 fries and gave the rest to hubby. I am getting really scared i will mess up now, but in another way I am feeling stronger and stronger. It is kind of confusing.
Awesome on passing the rest, I would have ate mine and picked at hubbies!
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #129  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Wandered away for a couple days, but good job everyone! I was *so hungry* all day Friday that I went off plan all evening and just ate whatever I wanted sporadically, but it wasn't actual binging, so I'll take it. Back on track today. It's been tough staying out of the cupboard, but I'm doing alright.

kellycg - It definitely is hard! So, so hard. Feel free to rant to us any time you need it and keep checking in. We're behind you.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Alisa, danzingurl, tubolard, atmos, masterptr, and kelly (welcome back!):
Hugs to all of you, for struggling and also for doing so well!
I'm writing this on my iPod so I can't make it long, but I'm keeping up with you all and cheering you on!! (:

I'm doing well, feeling really great actually! But I can already tell this next week will be hard. Ive already started contemplating the possibility of binging.... I really don't want to give up yet though! I'll worry about each day when it comes, but it's still frustrating to know I'm kinda losing my motivation. Wish me luck! Hope y'all have great weekends, stay strong!!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #131  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I made it! Choreography finished, semi-successful Halloween stomp, and no binges!! I even sat right next to our bake sale while I guarded the doors to the stomp and didnt give in to anything. Whew! Now for a nice run and relaxation tomorrow.

Mottainai- you have been doing so well! I know you can get through another week. I hope it isn't as difficult as you are anticipating!

Atoms- glad to hear you are back on track I agree with you that it's so hard- but the things that are hard are usually the most worthwhile also

I hope everyone has found some kind of success this weekend
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 261/232/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your lovely welcome a few weeks back. My apologies for not coming back on sooner. I've had 2 binges but only minor ones. Still put 3lbs on but they're off again now.
You are all so inspiring on here...I'm just at the beginning of my journey and reading all of your comments helps me to realise it is possible to lose the weight. You have all had your ups and downs and still continue on your amazing journeys. It's hard to accept that this is something I will probably spend my life fighting against but it will be worth it in the end to have a healthy, happy life xxx
haley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #133  
FatBurningQueen

S/C/G: 230/224/160

Height: 5'11

I came so close to a binge yesterday, I gave in and decided to start baking some choc chip cookies. Strange I know, because normally a binge comes as an impulsive split second decision and a few minutes later its all over.

No this was a calculated and measure binge that I was willing to do the cooking for!

Fortunately my boyfriend came in the Kitchen after taking a break from home office work and politely asked what I was up up to with a wry smile on his face whilst looking at the cookie batter.

I didn't have to say anything and I knew what I was doing was a bad decision.

I chucked the mixture in the bin then we had a tuna salad instead!

I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW BECAUSE OF IT!

I think the moral of this story is that when you feel a lapse coming, or you are about to lapse - it's always a good idea to remind yourself of why you are trying to lose weight by simply speaking to someone else who knows what you are trying to achieve.

Just the process of seeing that person, let alone talking to them is enough to bring you back down to earth and help you see that what you are doing is not helping!

Good luck with the rest of the week girls!

Geraldine
xx
GeraldineHearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #134  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quick update: I had a really bad binge last night. Worst that it's been in a long time. I actually felt sick after and went to bed about an hour earlier than usual.

I decided instead of just forgetting it like I usually do, I would try to remember what all I ate and calculate the calories and realize what I'd done. And, well, yikes. That is all.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #135  
Angela

trying to reset my schedule
I've been eating more and more with PMS and not that TOM is here, tummy needs to shrink back.
so today, I am going to workout less and eat less....
we'll see how this goes...

Have a happy Monday all!