3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   April binge-free challenge: keep it under control! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/256045-april-binge-free-challenge-keep-under-control.html)

Elizabeth779 04-13-2012 03:41 AM

Hi everyone -- I'm still binge free -- i've had some hard moments....i binge on pancakes and at costco today twice i had the big size bag of krusteaz pancake mix in my cart -- i was telling myself i was getting it for "husband and son"....YEAH RIGHT!!! So i didn't get it. I've been eating low carb -- under 20 carbs. I bought the book recently fat to skinny and it has been helping me. I get some strawberries on that plan and that kills my sweet tooth. Without sugar cravings my exerting my motivation and my WILL to succeed is able to stand up to the temptation. If I was having more carbs, I'd be wallowing in pancakes and maple syrup again.

Let's all keep hanging in there -- if we slip, let's pick ourselves right back up, get rid of the offending temptation and carry on.....onward and forward to victory over binges!!!

mirabai50 04-13-2012 11:34 AM

Made it to Friday

No binge yesterday though spent too much of the day hungry because of scheduling problems of others folks that meant I couldn't get to meals when I was actually hungry. BUT, didn't overeat last night.

Just got a weight loss ticker and hope I can make it work. Really appreciate reading all of your posts and knowing I am not alone in this. :carrot:

munchievictim 04-13-2012 01:59 PM

No binge yesterday, so I'm on day two today :). I've lost the weight I gained from the binge a couple of days ago and so Im back where I was earlier this week. Which sucks. Haha. But I learned a valuable lesson so I'm not too bummed. Stuffed chicken breast for dinner, I'm really looking forward to it and it's healthy! Yum. :)
I hope everyone is doing really well today!

inglesita64 04-13-2012 11:10 PM

Had a hard time too, but I think I did OK. When I got home, I discovered there was not much to eat because I had not gone shopping. That happens often here... LOL. So I had some light cream cheese, some broth, and then succumbed to a very tiny portion of cake. That was dinner... It isn't much, and it isn't a binge, but then I saw an apple I could have eaten... Bad choice, but well, it is water under the bridge!

Warning: Weekends are tricky... Think of something to do if you notice Bingy Monster is waking up!!!

MeganTheMushroom 04-14-2012 06:38 AM

Day 7 for me today. Feeling really strong. :)

munchievictim 04-14-2012 10:29 AM

Hoping for a strong day 3! :)

danzingurl77 04-14-2012 10:40 AM

I had a massive binge yesterday.. Trying not to beat myself up about it but sometimes it's so hard. Starting over on day one. I'm going to try and make it the rest of the month. One binge in an entire month will still be big for me.

Hope everyone has a good & healthy weekend!

Demosthenes 04-14-2012 04:02 PM

I had a good day yesterday, and I'm looking forward to shopping and filling my cart with nice healthy non-binge triggering foods. Thank you all for all your support. We rock!

Elizabeth779 04-15-2012 05:54 AM

ohboy, being binge free feels healthy, clean, good, inspiring.....so far I'm one week binge free....and I feel better, hopeful even.

inglesita64 04-15-2012 01:23 PM

Danzingurl, one binge in a month is practically not a binge, but a splurge! Relax, start over and you will make it!
I have not been eating as healthily as I know I should eat, so today when I went shopping I made up my mind to buy good food. When I saw grapefruit something strange happened: it is not a type of fruit that I generally buy, but it was as if my whole body craved grapefruit juice. So I bought some, made juice as soon as I got home and drank it as if I could die if I didn't. I was so good! That was my breakfast... and left me thinking: Do we listen to our bodies when we get and cook our food? I did some research on grapefruit and it is very healthy, though sour. I will try to incorporate it to my breakfasts from now on...
Binge-free for three and a half months today. I may overeat sometimes, buy do not lose control --no kitchen raids, no sneak eating, no strange combinations, no hiding packages afterwards, no stomach aches, no eating at strange hours, no eating food which is not mine.
Keep strong! April is ours!

mirabai50 04-15-2012 02:04 PM

Whew!

Saturday was okay! I didn't binge and though was focused on sugar a considerable part of the day, managed to refocus on other things that I like to eat and that felt good. On to today...

JossFit 04-15-2012 03:08 PM

Hey everyone... I've been poking around this forum for a while but haven't joined until just now. I figured it was a good time to finally pipe up and say hello. :)

I used to have a very big problem with binge eating, but not so much these days. Generally I eat very well and workout pretty hard and have no issues maintaining that lifestyle. To look at me, you'd never think that I sometimes still struggle with binge eating. In fact, I've recently been featured on several bodybuilding websites and have taken up fitness modeling with plans to get into it more in the future as my schedule allows.

My issue with binge eating now is triggered by social situations and special events. I generally have a pretty good balance to my life, and when special occasions come up I allow myself to have drinks and indulge in foods I otherwise wouldn't with no guilt. In fact, as long as I get right back on track I generally end up leaner than I was before the event.

Recently though I have had a couple of set backs and have gained a couple of pounds that I'm now working to get back off again. I find that late afternoons where there is nothing to do at the office have made a couple of days turn into binge days for me. At the end of March I had one random afternoon where I told myself "You've lost a little too much weight... time to have a carb up and enjoy some treats!" but it turned into a full-on binge; I left and went to a restraunt by myself and ate, and then hit several stores/fast food places on the way home to load up on food. It was disgusting. The next day started off fine, but I ended up repeating the previous day because I again told myself that I'd lost too much weight and probably needed to gain a pound or two back. I ended up going to the vending machine several times to get chips and candy bars, and then telling my subordinates I was sick so that I could leave work and eat. I again hit a few stores and fast food venues and stuffed myself alone at home.

After that I was definitely ready to get back to my healthy eating, which I did for a while. My fiance came to visit me over Easter weekend, during which time we went out to eat a lot. We had some amazing meals but still were active and went to the gym. I didn't binge, and just treated it like I would any other special occasion; ate what I wanted to and enjoyed the meals but didn't go too crazy. For some reason though, when I went to drop him off at the airport I made up my mind that as soon as I dropped him off I was going to go load up on goodies and "get it out of my system" before I got back on track. I felt so guilty thinking about it afterward; I couldn't get him to the airport fast enough, and all I was thinking about was how much I couldn't wait to get food into my face. The sad thing is that I won't even get to see him again for several months - at the wedding!

Even though we had eaten some very nice meals and had some treats over the weekend, as soon as I dropped him off at about 3pm I stopped at the first gas station and bought a Twix ice cream bar, a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, a single size bag of ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips, a bag of cookies and cream chex muddy buddies, and a large dove chocolate bar. I ate it all in the car on my way to the office (I had to go in during the evening to catch up on some things). Before I got to the office I stopped at Starbucks and got a chai tea latte, double chocolate brownie and chocolate hazlenut tart and had that all before I got to the office as well. At the office I hit the vending machine and the coffee shop and had a turkey and cheese lunchable, chicken and cheese wrap, rocky road cookie, bag of jalepeno chips, and more candy bars. Then, on the way home from the office in the evening I stopped and got an ice cream sundae and a chicken strips meal from a fast food place, and picked up more ice cream and sweets from the store. This was all in a period of about 6 hours.

I suppose I felt the need to "confess" all of that, because I never really have. A couple of people know that I used to have issues with binging, but I don't think they know that I still occasionally do (although very rarely these days) but they don't know what that really means.

I have since gotten back on track but find myself thinking about food a lot more lately. It's almost as though maintaining my fitness level is harder than trying to lose, because I have no motivation for doing so. I feel like I DESERVE to eat like that because in a few days I'll lose the weight and have some awesome workouts in the meantime. I know I'm not going to gain the weight back, but I still don't like the out of control feeling of a binge.

My goal is to make it through the next few months on my normal clean diet and just go back to enjoying everything in moderation on special occasions (like my best friend's wedding in June and mine in July). I'm hoping you ladies can help me with that!

mrslosingit 04-15-2012 03:48 PM

I'm still not binging even though I think about it at times

Demosthenes 04-15-2012 05:53 PM

I had a binge-free weekend, everyone! I'm looking forward to this week, and my goal is to not get takeout.

Joss- Welcome! I think most of us have been where you are it (or we're still there!). Keep coming back and checking in. Honesty and accountability are your friends.

inglesita64 04-15-2012 06:27 PM

Joss, you may be nervous over the wedding... You mention it a number of times. You could go to some therapy sessions to find out what is going on with you, because it would be a pity to waste all your efforts or to gain weight before the wedding. Or do some soul-searching to find out what is bothering you. Keep checking in and tell us how you are doing!