Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Why do I do this to myself.

I am on WW. Ive lost 14 lbs.. but the past week I gained 1.4 lbs because Im not tracking and Im eating far too much fast food/ordering food in. I dont track it because I want to be in denial about it.. and then once Ive done this I just saw oh screw it this week Ive already failed I may as well go all out. And I ordered pizza and moz sticks and ate them tonight at 10 pm!! WTH. Why do I do this to myself!? I was doing so well... :/ Its really discouraging once you think you have it and then I go and do this.. Im 2 lbs away from my 5% weight loss goal.

I also have my next ww meeting tomorrow and I really really do not want to go. Its such a terrible feeling when they say "hmm youve gained a little shannon." I really just dont want to go and hear that again.
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #2  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannylove View Post
I am on WW. Ive lost 14 lbs.. but the past week I gained 1.4 lbs because Im not tracking and Im eating far too much fast food/ordering food in. I dont track it because I want to be in denial about it.. and then once Ive done this I just saw oh screw it this week Ive already failed I may as well go all out. And I ordered pizza and moz sticks and ate them tonight at 10 pm!! WTH. Why do I do this to myself!? I was doing so well... :/ Its really discouraging once you think you have it and then I go and do this.. Im 2 lbs away from my 5% weight loss goal.

I also have my next ww meeting tomorrow and I really really do not want to go. Its such a terrible feeling when they say "hmm youve gained a little shannon." I really just dont want to go and hear that again.
You just have to hang in there & get into a routine with yourself [that's what helps me at least] and just have faith in yourself that you CAN do it if you really want it! You will get there eventually if you keep on chugging along. The food will be there when you get DONE!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #3  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now... HUGS to you and congratulations on your loss! I have a hard time thinking "oh the day/week/whatever is already ruined.. might as well go all out".. but I started doing that the other day and my DH asked- if you dropped your phone on the ground, would you then decide that you may as well smash it until it breaks? Of course not-- so why do we do that to ourselves? Its so easy to just say "Ill start tomorrow"- but try to think about those times when you have hopped on the scale and it shows a loss! How amazing does that feel?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that 1. You aren't alone... I think this is something that a lot of people struggle with- and 2. Dont give up! You've lost 14 lbs.. and you CAN make it. I'm sure that no one in the world has just decided to make a big change in their life, and never made another mistake. Its all part of the learning process- keep your chin up!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #4  

Ah thank you for the replies that means a lot to me. It's just really hard sometimes to keep going when its soo hard. And when I make mistakes its easier to throw in the towel for the week than forgive my mistake and move on. I have binging problems sometimes and when that happens I cant move on from it I feel very guilty after eating like that... But @danzingurl77 youre totally right about the cell phone thing that makes a lot of sense to me.
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #5  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Oh lord do I know what you're going through! I've been within a couple of pounds of my 5% goal as well, I got down there, and proceeded to eat like crap all weekend.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Ugh yes I know that feeling all too well.
That "oh whatever! I already messed up so I might as well eat what I want and start again tomorrow/next week"
I've gone through that feeling too many times also and it's always hard but now a days I just tell myself "No, I will not let it get anymore out of control". If I mess up I tell myself that it's not okay to keep going, and when I gain a pound or two sure it is discouraging but if you catch and stop yourself before you mess up anymore it will feel so much more rewarding keep your head up and don't get down, we all have little slips.
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #7  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

The cell phone analogy is genius! Hang on in there shannylove, every day is a new one and an opportunity to try harder than the one before.
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

I've been there, a few times, I'd get so far an quit from mainly emotional hunger, restricting too much, self worth/not caring, feeling worn out from my efforts, thinking I could take one day/night off and the over eating is triggered or I'd get afraid of the idea that I was actually doing something about my weight I always had a reason :L

Talking about reasons I would let life get in the way and my emotions control how much I was in control with food and getting out to exercise.

It's been difficult for me, I lost 20 pounds after the summer of course I let myself go for two months because it was christmas ¬,¬ middle of january I started to loose the 10 pounds i put on, I felt so bad im usually totally absent minded about weight but because i was aware of what i did to gain and how it made me feel I knew I couldnt go back, so I kept losing and a week ago I stopped its either then or when i gain a little bit id give up, but now I think in one years time this pateau or weight gain wont matter il just keep doing what im doing.

I have noticed I was crying a fair bit more a few weeks ago because I didn't self soothe with food, maybe once a week now I do but I don't plan it, I end up in a situation with trigger foods being offered, still trying to manage that.

If you really don't want to do this and want to give up maybe that is a sign your mind or emotions need some attention, do something nice for yourself, make a plan nevermind weight watchers find out what you need, if youre feeling overwhelmed you can make a plan to implement new changes over a period of time because of the binge eating/emotional eating a low calorie exercise plan doesn't sooth that problem so it brews up
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/See Tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

I know exactly how you're feeling - I've been in that same boat myself MANY times, I don't know if that urge will ever go away, I hope it does. When I do feel like that though I try and get up and do something to distract myself, at 10PM sometimes it's just even putting whitestrips on my teeth so I CAN'T eat (did this last nite), by the time I take them off, my urge has subsided... Or I get on the floor and do some leg lifts or situps. My self control is probably at about 10% now, used to be zero and still have a long way to go. I still order out, but I allow myself to only do it on Friday night that way I have the entire weekend to work it off. My most fave thing is pizza, but I just can't order it anymore because I will eat the whole large pizza myself in the matter of an hour and then feel like crap that I did - and even though I've done it so many times and feel the same way I keep going back??? hmmm... somethings wrong! but now when i order out I try and look for healthier food, but still cheat food. BUT, don't get discouraged - everyone falls off, everyone needs cheat days, just know that like most everything, it's more of a mental challenge, once you get your mind right you can achieve anything!

gimmeMYbodyBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #10  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I quit weight watchers in May of last year after losing 40 lbs. I wish I hadn't stopped. So I've been working since the day after Thanksgiving to get 20 of those 40 lbs off, because my regain was 20. I haven't been to a weight watchers meeting since May. I'm ready to start going again. So please, keep going to your meetings, even if you are going to show a gain. I know I should take my own advice, but trust me, this gain may have been 5 lbs vs. 20 and it's taken so long to get back off.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

Every single journey that is worth going on is going to have obstetrical that we need to overcome.
I know what it's like to stray so far from the "diet plan" that you say well forget it I already messed this up so why care about the rest of the day/week/month....
Here's the thing you DIDN'T mess anything up. SO you gained 1.4lbs use that number as a new very mini goal. You want to lose only 1.4lbs, you can do that, any of us can do that!!!! After you have lost that 1.4lbs set your next goal at 2lbs (or whatever works for you) 1 or 2 lbs doesn't seem as daunting or as unattainable as the overall goal, and if that takes a week or more so be it!

What I have learned this time around (because I have been on this weight loss journey many times) is that every single pound lost is a cause for celebration and every pound gained is just a little more motivation.
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Oh my gosh - first thing is you have to stop beating yourself up! You're not perfect and you'll never be perfect! The more you berate yourself the worse you're going to feel, and that leads to...binges. It's not an easy thing to give up, that self-flagellation, but you have to have to HAVE TO stop! Yeah, you messed up, but that doesn't mean you'll never be able to pull yourself back on track. You totally can! I've gained and lost the same flippin' 10 lbs since the beginning of November and every time I think about it, I want to kick myself. Then I started thinking about what an amazing thing I've done over the last year and all the success I've had. Considering my past, it's remarkable that I've been able to put the binges behind me week after week and start over - you can do it, too.

This weekend I finally made it to the 150's - after 3.5 months - and I don't plan to look back. But...if I do, I'll kick myself once and start over. Every second, every minute, every day and every week we have the opportunity to start fresh - so take advantage of it!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote