Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/261.8/180

Height: 5'4"

Smile Books that make a difference

I am new to this site, but certainly not new to dieting. I am 41, and I have been on the dieting roller coaster since I was about 12. In my adult life I have yo-yo'd between size 14 and size 22. I became overweight b/c of a sedentary lifestyle and eating mainly fast/fried food. I had my bouts with binge eating but I have that under control now. However, these past few years, I have not been able to stick to any diet plan.

Recently, I picked up and read several books from the library, and here are some really good ones that have seemed to make a difference to me. I'm one of those ppl that knows "everything" about diets and dieting, so I thought I'd seek out books on emotional eating and healthy eating rather than just trying once again to restrict myself.

I thought I'd share in case any of you want to check them out. They say knowledge is power, so it can't hurt to learn all we can. Please post any other good books that have made a difference to you as well!

The End of Overeating, by Kessler

Intuitive Eating, by Tribole and Resch

The Diet Myth, by Campos

In Defense of Food, by Pollan

The Beck Diet Solution, by Beck

And I'm still reading:
50 Ways to Soothe Yourself without Food, by Albers
The Gospel of Food, by Glassner
RococoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I would also recommend "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth. Her book really helped me. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/229/175

Height: 5' 11"

I am using an e-book "Taking Action: 30 Specific Strategies for Overcoming Emotional Eating" by Katie M McLaughlin. This is written by someone who has been through it and is sharing the things she did to get better. Lot of good ideas to try.
Goldie Oldie is offline   Reply With Quote