Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #16  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I've lost very well in the past with intuitive eating but once I got pretty near goal, I'd got so used to just eating what I want that I lost concentration and my portion sizes got ridiculous.

I'm currently following the Dukan low carb diet but I'm really struggling with it cost-wise. It's a low fat version of low carbing which suits me really well - although I can eat fat fine when I'm eating carbs, without the carbs fat has a really bad effect on me - think Xenical!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #17  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Calorie counting with MFP. My settings wee set at one pound a week. I would tend to average 1300-1500 calories a day. Slow weight, but it also gives me time to adjust eating habits. I just reajusted my goals to lose 1.5 pounds a week.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #18  
Monkey see, Monkey do!

Height: 5'6

I had a great steady weight loss when I was averaging 1300-1400 calories a day. That was also stopping me from binging, because I was full and had steady energy levels all the time and didn't feel deprived of anything. Now, unfortunately, I have the "all or nothing" attitude, meaning I eat less than 700 calories a day for a day and then back to binging and getting 3000 calories daily for few days trying to make up for low calorie intake the day before.

Last edited by wiosna; 11-23-2011 at 08:01 PM.
wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #19  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I started counting all my calories until I had a good "idea" of what I could and couldn't eat then I stopped. I get too obsessive complusisve if I log everything. I make note in my head of everything I put into my mouth, low cal, low fat, high protien and moderate carbs. I'm really trying to down my carbs now, it effects me, especially my miid section! LOL But it's been working for me. I also exercise (strength train 3 days a week) and do cardio twice a week. Sometimes if I feel like it I go for a run on the weekend. I also watch portion size, and do intuitive eating, more or less listening to my body. If I no longer feel hungry and I feel satisfied I stop eating. If I'm hungry and I didn't eat too long ago I drink water. If I'm still hungry I choose something healthy to snack on.

Last edited by InsideMe; 11-24-2011 at 08:01 AM.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote