Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/145/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Here I go again...

I have been binge free for at least a month now and tonight I blew it. I've been calorie counting and having my once weekly "cheat day" and have managed to hang in there but the last few days my appetite has been out of control and I have been craving sugar like nobody's business. I caved tonight - cupcakes, cookies, etc. To the tune of at least 1000 calories on top of my 1380 allowed for the day. Of course now I feel horrible. I am terrified of getting out of control again and falling back into my old habits I am running several days a week training for a half marathon and I want to give my body the right fuel but it is a constant struggle. I know I will be feeling the effects of my binge during tomorrow's run.
hdallas78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Tomorrow when you are running pay attention to how sick you feel. Remember the sugar binge is the reason you feel that way. Next time you get a sugar craving remember how you felt. Worth it? Probably not.

Also, one binge is not going to make you gain 17lbs back. You've done a lot of hard work the past month. Remember the hard work you have done and honor it by getting back on track. Good luck!
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Maybe instead of chocolate, if crave chocolate-y goodies, you could try carob? My best friend made me some carob fudge for when I get an intense craving. I don't eat much of it when I eat it, but it's close enough to chocolate that it really helps me.
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I understand. I'm jumping back on the site today after a week long huge binge. I'm proud of you for coming back on after a night. I find that when I'm on here it makes me think more about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. So I avoid the site and scale like crazy when I'm bingeing. It's taken me a week to make it back on. I wish I could have gotten back on track after a night. But isn't the human mind bizarre sometimes? You know that bingeing isn't good for you. You don't feel good after you binge. Yet you still binge and then hate yourself afterwards. If you figure out how to break that code then please let me know. :-) But for now, good luck on the marathon. I think just by being on the site you're already protecting yourself from future break downs. At least that's what I'm hoping for myself. :-)
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/319/140

Height: 5'6

Coming back and taking responsibility is important and a huge step! You should be proud of yourself and like someone said, pay attention to how awful it feels during your run. That will remind you next time. Good luck on the marathon!
lushless is offline   Reply With Quote