Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

Default This is where I belong

Hi everyone.
I just found this site yesterday and signed up immediately. I posted a thread in the Introductions section, and after describing my issues, someone suggested this section for me, and I definitely think this is where I should be.
I'm a binge eater, and emotional eater, a stress eater. I've gained and lost so much weight I've lost track. I've yo-yo'd more than anyone else on the planet (or so it feels!!) and despite the fact that I can't stand looking at myself (or pictures of myself) and I get really depressed when I'm on the "up" end of the yo yo, I still struggle horribly trying to eat healthy. I'll do really well for months at a time, lose a bunch of weight, then fall off the wagon and gain it all back, sometimes more. Then it happens again. I gained a lot of weight while pregnant, and since having my baby 10 months ago, have really struggled to lose it.
I started a new plan yesterday with a different approach to eating than what I'm used to (I've been doing Weight Watchers off and on for 4 years) and I'm hoping this new strategy is what I need. Day 1 went really well, and I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard not to be pessimistic about the whole thing, considering my history.
Oh, and the day before I started my new eating plan, I ate an entire bag of oreos within about 3 or 4 hours.
So here I am, I hope that I can get some support from members here, and also give support to those who need it also.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

welcome! Im a binge-eater too, its gotten worse over the past three months and I'm trying DESPERATLEY to lose the few pounds I've regained because of it.. but it only seems to backfire and after a few days of counting calories I lose it and binge again.. maybe we can help eachother out!? Im curious if you could give me some details about what your new plan is? My mom did weight watchers and loved it and I've been counting calories (dropped 20 lbs by doing so but it seems that its not working so well any more ) anyways I wish you well on your journey and hope that you find the support you need here!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #3  

Thank you!
Helping each other out sounds great
The plan I've started is called "Precision Nutrition". It's online, I had to order the information (came with a big binder outlining everything and also a cookbook). Basically, it's clean eating. You eat a certain amount of protein with each meal, and have the rest (the majority) be fruits and vegetables. Carbs and sugar are allowed, but you have to earn them with exercise.
Weight Watchers is a great plan. I had success with it (lost 63 pounds the first time, 40 pounds the second time) but always ended up gaining all or most of the weight back when I'd fall off the wagon and start binge eating again. I decided to try this new plan for a couple of reasons: 1 being that since I'd been unable to keep on the WW plan for longer than a day or two, I felt like it was definitely time for a change. And 2, because I eat way too much processed, packaged foods and just want to be healthy overall, and be a good role model for my daughter. I want her to grow up eating an apple as a snack rather than a 100 calorie pack of chips, know what I mean?
Old 08-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #4  
Ready to lose...

S/C/G: 172/172/150

Height: 5'3"

Ok, so it's my 1st day here too. Why is it that I start a new diet, fall of the wagon, try another new diet and fall off again and on and on...
I think we are all so confused by all of the different types of diets that we forget that exercise and eating healthy is REALLY the best plan. I need tips for motivation. I'm tired of starting over and really want to just LOSE THE WEIGHT ALREADY!! Help!
MegRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #5  

I agree Meg, I get caught up in the whole "diet" mindset that sometimes I forget that it's really about being healthy, not "dieting".
Motivation is a hard thing for me too...I'll be really motivated for even months at a time, but once the motivation starts dwindling, I get in real trouble. Once you've lost the motivation, how do you keep going? That's something I really need help with too!
Another problem I have is that if I have a weak moment and eat something bad, instead of just moving on and getting right back on plan, I decide "oh well, the day is messed up now anyway!" and eat badly the rest of the day.
Oh so many hurdles to overcome! But I'm really glad I found this site, we can really be helpful to each other!