Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #1  

Unhappy Eating out of control!

Help!!! I have been eating out ofcontrol. I start good in the AM and by evening I have completely broke all the rules. I have been doing Low carb/low fat/ High protein. I have done pretty good. For the last 3 days I have been eating carbs. I first blew it with mexican food on Friday. Saturday was whole wheat toast, then for supper I had a french dip sandwich. Later that evening we had movie night and I ate popcorn. Today is Fathers Day and I fixed dad's favorite meal. Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes & gravy. I did do pretty good, I steamed some veggies and made a toss salad. All was well, we swam this afternoon (more play than swam), and afterwards I ate strawberries, grapes & some watermelon. Then I ate some popcorn, then some string cheese. I am now full and feel very bad because it was just a week ago I stopped the ideal protein diet and vowed to substitute the expensive shakes for EAS shakes. I have spent approx $500 on Ideal Protein this last month (that I really did not have) just to throw the whole thing out the window. I am so disappointed in myself. I have got to get it together!!!
msbrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #2  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I know the feeling. Temptations are there especially with family. How many calories are you shooting for? If you aim really low, you might actually be starving yourself and that can lead to a binge (believe me, I know). If not, try getting things to snack on.

I highly recommend some sugar free dessert gum by Extra. I chew on a piece of key lime pie every time I have gotten a temptation or craving these past few days and it HELPS. It's got a great flavor, virtually no calories, and it keeps my mouth busy.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

You can do it! It seems to me that when I get started on carbs I cannot quit. I think when my body gets some...it just wants more, so I try to avoid them at all costs! I try to make sure I have some kind of alternative when I know tempting food will be around.

I definitely agree with the gum. I love the chocolate mint flavor too. Its really good. And I am less likely to eat something if I have to spit my gum out!

Don't beat yourself up about it...just get back on track. Dont give up!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #4  
Junk Warrior

S/C/G: 275/241/180

Height: 5'10

remember not to beat yourself up. Ask yourself what you are going to do different tomorrow. Beating yourself up wont take those calories back. you can do it!!!
BowandArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I hear ya! It is easy to get frustrated when eating gets out of control. Something I've learned that helps me, is that if I slip for part of the day, that doesn't mean I have to make the rest of the day a slip too. I can get right back on track as soon as I slip.

Believe in yourself! You CAN do this!!!

Take care
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 413/304/175

Height: 5'6"

Well that was today -- tomorrow is a new day and start it with forgiving yourself for what happened yesterday. Let's hope I can practice this myself since I am in the same spot you are -- start out good in the morning and once I eat lunch it is a down hill slide out of control.

The more the emotions drive the eating the more likely we are to struggle. Gum is a great idea and maybe even brushing your teeth...anytime to keep food out.
Shrinker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #7  

Red face

Thanks so much for the encouraging thoughts. Once I start I have a hard time saying No. I have not eaten any sweets, which is good. Thanks to 3 Fat Chicks and their wonderful encouraging websight!
msbrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/160/140

Height: 5'6

I no that feeling I really hate it...this morning I did great messured my breakfast and counted calories BUT then my bf came home with wendys that blew that so much for doing good in the am! It can be really hard but we gotta keep our chins up atleast we try to do good in our diets that counts
Sammie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbrau View Post
Help!!! I have been eating out ofcontrol. I start good in the AM and by evening I have completely broke all the rules. I have been doing Low carb/low fat/ High protein. I have done pretty good. For the last 3 days I have been eating carbs. I first blew it with mexican food on Friday. Saturday was whole wheat toast, then for supper I had a french dip sandwich. Later that evening we had movie night and I ate popcorn. Today is Fathers Day and I fixed dad's favorite meal. Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes & gravy. I did do pretty good, I steamed some veggies and made a toss salad. All was well, we swam this afternoon (more play than swam), and afterwards I ate strawberries, grapes & some watermelon. Then I ate some popcorn, then some string cheese. I am now full and feel very bad because it was just a week ago I stopped the ideal protein diet and vowed to substitute the expensive shakes for EAS shakes. I have spent approx $500 on Ideal Protein this last month (that I really did not have) just to throw the whole thing out the window. I am so disappointed in myself. I have got to get it together!!!
Ok lets put it together here...number one..this program is not a punishment..its not a forever that you are on the program....this is something special that you are doing for yourself...
Somewhere in your mind your holding on to food...why did you make fried chicken...no one alive needs to have fried food...think of the reasons...
heart-fat-cholesterol- for Fathers day baked chicken would've been ok...
or out on the grill...don't punish yourself...love you self...love yourself enough to allow you to finish this programw ith your head held high... you have to say well crap...put yesterday out of your mind and start fresh...what are your stats...how long have you been on the program...
You can send me a message..but give us a picture and your stats...
move forward and lets get it done...

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie26 View Post
I no that feeling I really hate it...this morning I did great messured my breakfast and counted calories BUT then my bf came home with wendys that blew that so much for doing good in the am! It can be really hard but we gotta keep our chins up atleast we try to do good in our diets that counts
Its ok to tell you BF not to sabbotage you....then let them eat Wendy's alone..and smile at them as your eating your healthy breakfast...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote