Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default out of control

I can't believe this but for the past 2 days, I have been out of control. I've eaten as much as humanly possible and beyond. I'm not exaggerating. It started because I injured my foot and I'm not able to workout and the stress of that set me off. I was also exhausted and there was lots of stress with the kids. There's a lot more but the result is really a big disappointment to me. I was 9 lbs away from goal and now, I am so full that it feels like I packed on 10 lbs. I'm sure it's not that bad, but either way, I'm not gonna weigh myself for a while. At least 4 days. I guess I'm posting this because I need to recommit. I'm just terrified because working out helps me control my binge eating disorder. I always do something active to get "my head on straight" and without that tool, it's so hard for me that I"m scared. It seems that whenever I get close to goal, something seems to happen.

I just wanted to come here to vent because I know you know how I feel. I'm recommitting. I'm going to look at this as a new challenge. Maybe this is a way to find solutions without depending on the exercise. If I can do it this way, then nothing can stop me, right?

I need some words of support because I feel so guilty for what I've done. I feel full beyond belief and just plain sick. I'm going to drink tons of water tomorrow. Tea. I'll focus on low carb and I'll feel better. I just need one good day and it'll all fall into place.

Thanks so much for reading.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

Wow you have already lost 60 pounds! Congrats.
I feel for you with the binge eating, it definitely happens to me too. I mainly do it if I see something (bad) in my sights, I lose all self control and dive right into the food. However, lately I have been better about just walking away from it and doing something else to take my mind off of it. Try and remember how much you have accomplished. It's all about moving forward and forgiving (but not repeating) our bad day. Best wishes
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

Thanks Dusti. I really appreciate it. It's good to just see that carrot you sent my way. Also, congrats to you on the weight you've lost too!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi luckymommy--you have come a long, long way and just hit a slight bump in the road. Remind yourself that you're ONLY 9 lbs from goal and what an accomplishment that is. Also, you're probably wise not to weigh yourself immediately because you might end up adding insult to injury over nothing. So, let yourself whine a little bit, give yourself some TLC, then get up, dust yourself off and carry on! I know, easier said than done. Good news is, you've already done that, by recommitting and making yourself accountable to us here. Please do not feel guilty about having binged -- don't be so hard on yourself. You've already determined why it happened, so next time you'll be more mindful and will hopefully make better choices. It's all a learning experience. I, too, allow myself to binge when I'm at my ideal weight...like you, a switch seems to go off with a green light to start eating junk. I am trying to break that cycle and with everyone's support here, I will do it, and so will you.

One last thing about your foot injury -- I've been there....twice, and I know how immensely frustrating it is. Once a broken foot then second degree burns on it. Both times I was incapacitated for 2/3 months. I used my crutches as workout tools for my arms, core-toning exercises, single-leg squats, upper body moves, etc. There's a bunch of things you can do that don’t involve your injured foot that will keep you toned and make you feel like you’re doing something active. Push-ups are a great all -over exercise, even if it’s against a countertop and not on the floor.

And finally…we are always here for you!
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

Leblebi, thank you so much. Your email is so inspiring and I really appreciate the kind words of support. I have decided not to feel guilty at all about my binge. It's in the past. I'm human and I consider myself a very nice human with lots of great qualities and this is one of my biggest faults....so all in all, I'm doing alright. I am totally focused today. I just started with some hot tea and the rest...I've done it all many times so I can get right back on track. It's more of a mental thing than anything physical and I feel that my head is on straight. I'm going to the gym with my limp and all and will focus on upper body strength. I have had an injury before (a major fracture in the same right foot) and I was in a boot for months as well. I think a lot of those old emotions came back at me. This time, the injury isn't that severe. I think it could be a bone bruise. I haven't gone to the doctor because I feel like I can handle it for now. Sorry for the ramble. Thanks again. It means a lot.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I don't know if it helps to know that you aren't alone right now... but, please know that I'm in the exact same boat.

I was in class for work during the entire month of January. I started out that class at about 160 and, at the end of the month, I'd eaten myself up to 170 pounds.

I had Wendy's almost every single day along with loaded baked potato soup with cheese for lunch regularly.

What happened to me? I think it was the change of being in class and my lack of preparation (cooking meals for lunch as well as the mental prep), complacency and my food addiction. All of those factors caused me to set myself back 10 pounds.

I can't fit my cute jeans and I feel so uncomfortable in my skin. I can't even believe how skinny I look in my New Years Eve pictures. It's pretty amazing how 10 pounds can totally screw me up mentally. I feel just as big as I did at 200+ pounds! I don't have the heart to change my ticker...I HATE 170!!

I'm so angry that I did this! But, I've recommitted and you will too! You will not let this injury derail you. As you said, this thing is mental and we're here to help each other through this. **HUGS**

ETA: I remember my classmate said to me once, "Wow, potato soup! I'd get that but it's really high in calories." I got mad at him for forcing me out of my denial. LOL! If only I'd thrown it away...

Last edited by Cali Doll; 02-11-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

Anytime...glad I could help.
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

I totally understand that. Dunno why we trip ourselves up, but there's always tomorrow!
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #9  

Height: 4'11"

I feel for you... I understand how you are feeling. Keep your chin up. Keep going. Don't give up. I know it's hard, but don't give up!!!!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

I can relate.... I've been feeling under the weather the last few days because of coughs and colds and have been craving for something sweet. I managed to control it but last night I blew it and drank a whole liter bottle of Minute Maid. It screwed up my targeted calorie intake for the day big time and I don't want to think what it will do to me later. But there's always tomorrow, and we can always pick ourselves up and move forward.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

I definitely understand how frustrating it is to be injured when you rely so much on exercise. I have had a sprained ankle for three months, so haven't been able to run at all. I can still do low-impact cardio, but my weight loss is definitely slower without the high-intensity cardio.

You are so close to your goal! Don't give up! Everyone has set-backs, that is just a part of life, what is more important is how you deal with those set-backs, because they will happen to all of us constantly. However, knowing how close you are to meeting your goal, just get back on the horse and start again! You can do it! Even if your exercise routine has to change because of your injury, I bet there is still something you can do to be active every day, weight training? cardio machine where you only use your arms? swimming? walking? yoga? Since I don't know your injuries, I can't give more advice in that rhelm, but I know that even injured people can usually do some sort of work-out, even if it is just concentrating on non-injured body parts.

Keep going! You are doing so great!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #12  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I definitely hear you. I was finally happy about feeling back in control on Thursday, and then the weekend and my trip to Seoul happened and I ate 7 lbs worth of everything in sight. I remember marvelling that my stomach was so full that it jutted out past my boobs - the upper part, not the lower/gut part. I have been struggling ever since I got below 128 or so and now I am probably 135 or something.

As for exercise, can you focus on upper body/weights, doing pushups and things? I hope your foot heals soon.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote