Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #1  

Default Need to put on the brakes before I do some serious damage

I can feel when a day feels "off". During my workout I was super tired and dragging. I have to admit I did not eat breakfast this morning. But sometime after dinner IT hit me. In only a few short hours I ate a few handfuls of goldfish, a handful of raisins, and maybe 5 granola bars at 90 cals each. So maybe all together was an extra 1000 cals? That sounds horrible. It could take me the whole week to undo that. Then I got full. I did notice that after dinner I was going to eat an apple ( my 2nd one today) but the other one left ended being rotted. I think since I stopped uncontrolled eating when I got full that maybe this wasn't an emotional binge but because I didn't eat breakfast and then worked out.

Does anyone notice they are more likely to eat out of control when they don't eat enough during the day?
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

There are many, many reasons that can trigger a binge for me and yes, one of those can be if I don't eat enough. I can make a long list of others (stress, socializing, not enough sleep, anxiety (especially in relation to my kids), depression, not working out, illness, plateau on the scale, traveling, seeing a lot of food that other people are having, etc.). The list could go on. The point is, there is always something that can set me off.

Sorry for the long answer to your simple question.

I keep gum and sugar free jello to help with the cravings. I try to make sure I work out. Sleeping is a challenge. I can't really control others but I try to keep my eye on my goal and stay focused. It's not the ideal way to live. Sometimes, I feel like I'm crawling the walls with the urges to binge. I feel like if I don't eat, I may just lose my mind. It helps to go to bed, since most of the bingey feelings occur at night. Oh and if I eat off plan, that sets me off for a binge so I count my calories, which helps. Recently, I started a low carb lifestyle as well. At first, I felt that it was beyond easy. The honeymoon is over though. I still crave carbs and lots of 'em. However, if I can stick to my plan I'm better off because there's only so much chicken you can binge on.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

First of all, great job stopping yourself before you did too much damage! I find that so tough.

I definitely binge when I get too hungry, so I completely understand what you mean. I think was you felt was a very normal physical reaction to being overly hungry. I have found that my #1 defense against binging is to go into eat day with frequent pre-planned meals. I eat bfast, a midmorning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, and dinner. If I veer from that at all it is trouble for me!
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Definitely. Being hungry is an awful feeling and it takes some time for our bodies to realize we've fed it after eating, so it's easy to overdo it. I have trouble balancing that too. I often go into a day with the best of intentions - planned meals and several small snacks - but I'll get so hungry in the morning that it's all gone by noon, and then I wind up buying something else to eat in the afternoon because I feel weak and sick by 4 pm.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #5  

Thank you everyone. I ended up staying up until 1:30am doing our taxes. Yuck!! I also ended up having a bowl (small - medium-ish) of goldfish. Those crackers. On the plus side, my husband offered several times to go out and get better snacks, namely ice cream, but I told him no. Then he remembered we have a small stash of reeses (dont ask) but I told him I didnt want any. He had one though, lol. He loves when I go off plan because he treats it like a food party. (that a whole other issue)

But I've moved past eating because he is. If I'm eating, I know its all me making those choices. It didnt seem like I was out for chocolate or heavy food, just munchie snacks. DIdnt help I was up late, but I had to get those taxes done.

Good news, woke up, went to my Saturday morning step class, and came home had my usual health breakfast. I did wake up late thats why I worked out without eating first, but from now on I'm gonig to start eating before working out!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/142/129

Height: 5'3"

For me, when I have carbs at breakfast the whole day goes downhill. I do eat carbs later in the day but for some reason in the morning it sets a bad tone for my entire day (yet I still sometimes do it...but that is a whole 'nother discussion...)
jms423 is offline   Reply With Quote