Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge 25/10/2010 - HALLOWEEN - WE CAN DO THIS!

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

urg... i made it... just barely though...toooo close a call for my liking!!! and now i just found out that the cake is not due for another week! and it is in the freezer already so i will have to do some "work" to keep it fresh for then! oh well... this is the last cake for a long time (if i get my way) ! ha ha ha...

bright side? i am at work today so no chance of binging and i have my trainer tonight so that limits binge possibilities too...

Oct 27 is my 2 year anniversary with a trainer so i am "trying" really hard to stay on track so i can weigh myself with pride and confidence!!

i hope the weekend treated everyone well and that this monday is going to be easy to conquer!

earning day 74 as we speak!

hugs to all!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #2  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

I am happy to report that I am feeling like a strong, confident, amazing chick again!!! Today is Day 14. 2 weeks since The Event and I am feeling stronger than ever! I had an amazing birthday weekend. I stayed completely on plan even with a small sweet treat and a few drinks on saturday night.

I am feeling great!!!

Kim: I am so glad to read that you stayed strong last night! That icing is the devil! You are an inspiration, girl! Keep it up! You will rock that anniversary with your trainer!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

Meh. I fell off the wagon this weekend and now I'm earning day 2. I've been having a rough go of it. I only really binged once, but I was off plan for about three days and I feel terrible... but I'm ready to face this week and get back to where I was! I made it for a whole week before and I can do it again and again and, before I know it, I'll be where you guys are. Bring it.
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #4  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

I am definitely IN. It was a tough night last night, but I get to try, try again today. I still feel ill from the damage, but maybe my brain will get on-board with the fact that this is actually harmful.

Parties & halloween candy, oh my. It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but I vow to come here for support instead of partaking of the candy.

Sugar is my absolute downfall. Can't wait until Sunday is over.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

yoyono - i was stuck in a weekly cycle for a while there...then i moved up to 10 days... adn then i just broke free of the cycle... you can do this!!!

vixsin -thanks!!! i am proud of you for making it through the weekend!!! what a hard thing when there are drinks AND sweets!!!

WE ROCK!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 259!

My first goal is to make it through Halloween. Next I want to tackle Thanksgiving. Who is with me on this?

Happy, I love the new title to this thread! Yes, we will make it through Halloween! Way to go on resisting temptation!

Vixsin, love it that you're back to your confident self!!

We can do this!
Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

165!

I'm not too worried about Halloween, I'm not exposed to much candy unless I'm with other people, and I don't have a problem with binging in public. I'll still be aware of it all, just in case!

Good luck everyone!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #8  
i76

Seems like a few people are feeling wobbly, breathe and focus. Here I am at day 5, feeling good. Yesterday I listed the things that were bugging me and reasons why I had lost my way. It helped get it out on paper. I think I read on another post, something about not waiting any longer to reach my target (again) that's how feel, I can only go forward and I am trying to mKe everyday count.

Keep going everyone. One moment at at time.
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #9  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Great job everyone!

Tyla: Thank you!! It was rough going for a minute there and I was just going along on the "fake it til you make it" theory. Thankfully, the switch flipped to the right position for me over the weekend. I am confident coming into Halloween for the first time in many years. It feels good to believe in myself.

I am with you on the Halloween challenge and we will take that momentum and use it for Turkey Leg and Santa Day too!!! The holidays will NOT derail us as they have in the past!!!! Together, we are so strong!

i76: Doing great at Day 5!

Paris: Great job! Glad you wont be too tempted by the candy this year.

Cheryl: Welcome and great job for posting! You can and will find the support you are looking for! This is a great group!

Yoyo: Stay strong! The best part is that today is a new day full of new choices!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Great job everyone!!! I'm glad to read so many of you are doing awesome!!

For those struggling, just keep trying!!!!!!

My weekend wasn't perfect food-wise, it was a close call, but I'm not calling it a binge. I'm really becoming more and more aware of exactly what a binge means to me, and there's truly a MAJOR difference between my overeating and BINGING.

Anyway, today is Day 8!! Yay! I'm changing a couple of things around in my plan again. I think I focus too much on food and weight, it's incredible how many of my thoughts revolve around it each day. I think it's part of what led to the binge problem in the first place, for me. Anyway, I'm trying to just relax a little bit. I've just been focusing on weight sooo much and it's hard living each day for SO long just waiting until your body is better. I think it's just too much time for me not liking me HERE and NOW. I need to change that. A lot.

Ok, that's my little vent.

Keep up the good work EVERYONE!!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #11  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Day 78.

Vix - Great job, I bet having 2 weeks between you and "the event" is like a weight off your chest!

Julia - I am both a binger and an overeater. I have found that when I don't binge, I also don't overeat. For the last 78 days I haven't done either, I definitely think it is key for me to focus on controlling the binges.
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #12  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 6 was really hard, I made it. I was craving chocolate all day, so I had 12 Hershey kisses & alot of small organic oatmeal cookies through out the day so I wouldn't go crazy & overboard. I had about 500 calories more than usual, but I avoided a disaster!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/214/200

Height: 5'6

Wow- seeing some long time success here!

I am on day 3! Just decided this weekend to make this change, so Im new here. I have had 2 moments of cravings but made it thru both without a slip up! Also as of this morning Im already down a few lbs so thats even BETTER news!!

On to day 4. Good luck to everyone. My first goal is to go 7 days in control. Im already half way there!!

Hope to get to know you all soon.
1HauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #14  

I did not do well today but tomorrow is another day. I know one thing I need to do is plan I think that will help. Plan on what I will do with my evenings and also plan what I have in the house.

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday.
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:58 PM   #15  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Day one starts tomorrow. Tonight consisted of two fast food restaurants in a row. Feeling rather ashamed... Tomorrow I'll do better.
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote