Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #16  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I can really relate to you, Bunny!!

I am recently learning that I am no longer going to be afraid of the scale or the number that it's going to show me. I am learning that if I stay on the road of eating on track and work on my exercise, the number WILL change.

I am learning to trust the process and that there will be good days and bad days.

We're all in it together. We can do it.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 263/259/163

Height: 5 '9'

I guess I will jump on the scale tonight so that I can learn to be fearless like you vixsin and hope that just seeing the number will inspire and spur me to change it...
peacebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #18  
Super Single Mom

I'll tell ya, Bunny. It's not an easy process, but it IS starting to get easier. My brain is starting to think about the healthy option first. I had to force ALL week this last week but I've noticed this week that I'm battling just a few less of those cravings and being excited about the healthy (and filling!) lunch that I have packed.

Thank you for your kind words. I am truly far from fearless. I am afraid many days but I have chosen to face the fears head on and not let them control me anymore. I urge you to do the same thing. Face your fear and then vow to change it and then do.

Best of luck to us all.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #19  

Vixsin-

I'm poppin in to tell you that I jumped on that scale and was pleasantly surprised as I hadn't been on it in 2 months and was steady carrying on in my old bad eating patterns. But it was down 12 pounds than what I currently have posted as my weight. So this inspired me to change my eating habits the next morning and make a resolve to jump on it "only" once a week so as not to discourage myself when change don't come fast enough but still its a start and I'm thanking you for it.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #20  
Super Single Mom

Good for you, Bunny!!!!

You have yourself to thank for that!!! You faced your fear and ended up pleasantly surprised. I am very glad for you!!!

We have to take pride in the small victories. I look forward to hearing about your journey and how well you are continuing to do.

It's a battle almost everyday, but I'm realizing it is so worth it.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #21  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I fall into the category of people who prefer to weigh daily so that if the scale starts moving up I can make an adjustment to what I'm doing right away. Since the scale has mostly been going down, I don't mind it as much as I used to but it's still discouraging to see how out of shape I've let myself get.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #22  

ER-Dee,

You shouldn't get discouraged about how out of shape you are but encouraged at how in shape you are becoming. You are losing when people like myself are just now trying. I'll be glad when I can look down in elation instead of trepidation cause right now that is not a good feeling. The scale still scares me very much so I'm taking baby steps.

Vixsin,

I thank you because you inspired me to do it because I had that thing hidden in a closet under a mound of stuff and I pulled it out because of what you wrote...plain and simple.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #23  
Super Single Mom

And I am so glad that you did it, Bunny.