Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #1  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Default which is harder? resisting or getting back on track?

hey everyone...

just a question. for you, which is harder: resisting temptation or getting back on track with a healthy eating plan?

for me, i think resisting temptation is harder (i always give in), but at the same time, getting back on is really hard too. I'll feel ok with my binge/eating something i really should not have, but then the next day, i'll want something else i shouldn't have. that i give into far less, but it requires quite an effort.

just want to hear what you all out there have to say!
thanks
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I think getting back on track is harder...bc when you initially crave something that you wouldn't ordinarily have...it is just a mental thing. But when you have the food in your system again (such as sugar, if you don't normally eat it)...the craving becomes physical, as well as mental, and more intense.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

For me is getting back on track because I you said onces you eat something fatty or sweet your body wants more of it..
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/245/157

Height: 5' 6"

I see the two as the same thing because it seems that when one is not resisting temptations, it is hard to get back on plan.
lavenderannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #5  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

For me getting back on plan is easier. If I get off plan I always get right back on again. I am bad when it comes to temptation lately. So I am working on it. I am challenging myself to stay on plan every day of May. I hope I can do it. So far I have been doing amazing.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

definitely going back on plan. I was completely off-course on the weekend, and i'm avoiding counting calories, or just eating better like the plague. it's tough!
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Getting back on track is much harder for me.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #8  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Getting back on track is much harder for me than resisting. I have kind of a all-or-nothing attitude towards life (I went from eating Big Macs to becoming a strict vegan overnight, and stayed that way for years), so resisting isn't all that difficult for me. But if I do give in, or find myself in a situation where I feel trapped to eat something off-plan, it is really hard for me to get back on track. That same mindset that keeps me away from the sweets and fats keeps me with them if I eat them again. I realize this may not be the healthiest way to go about it, and I am looking to offer myself a little wiggle room--after all, I've never successfully lost as much weight as I need to, so doing something different this time might help.
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #9  
trying to impress myself

see i'm terrible. i have such a hard time saying no to anything when i'm eating out and about with friends. if i'm home and making my own food, i'm all good (for the most part). the minute i'm at a party or out to eat with friends, it goes out the window about 75% of the time. i know how to navigate a restaurant menu to get something that sticks to my plan, but everything else sounds soo much better. and i hate not being able to enjoy my food the way my friends are. its something i need to work on.
its hard for me to get on plan, but this time around, its been better. in the past, if i had a bad day or mean, it would spill over to the whole week. i guess i'm more motivated this time, so i've kept my 'oops' moments limited to just the one meal here and there.
*sigh* being in control is really really hard.
kudos to you all
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/197/140

Height: 5'4

getting back on track is harder for me too. I find myself saying "well, I binged at breakfast so I may as well say s*crew the rest of the day and I will start again tomorrow", which turns into "I will start again Monday" and the cycle repeats itself.

Going out with friends is hard for me too. I don't mean to, but I feel resentful that my friends can eat whatever they want. So I jump on board too. UGH.
maisiedotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
getting back on track is harder for me too. I find myself saying "well, I binged at breakfast so I may as well say s*crew the rest of the day and I will start again tomorrow", which turns into "I will start again Monday" and the cycle repeats itself.
I totally agree with this--so I think that I do feel that getting back on track is harder just this reason. All or nothing! So ridiculous!

But resisting is hard too! Some days is really hard....
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5"5

Resisting is much harder for me.

I'm very contained in my element, doing the day to day, but once I venture out of that, into a dinner at a friend's house or a baseball game, it's so hard to just say no. I like structure because it's what I think most helps me succeed. I can get back into my own structure very easily. But once I go outside of that into foreign territory, I don't know what to do and I just end up making wrong decisions.
foodfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #13  
trying to impress myself

foodfight, i tend to do the same. i don't like avoiding social situations involving food, but at the same time, i'm kind of early on in program, so have been trying to keep myself away from them, because i find it too hard to resist. getting back on track has been much easier this time...but i get what you mean about 'foreign territory'.