Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/SEE TRACKER/180

Height: 5'4

Default Oreos got me last night

Ok so I had to weigh in today with my trainer and he did my measurements. I knew he would be doing that yet last night I was felling a little down about life and was at walgreens and then I left with oreos, and milk. I sat and ate half a package of oreos last night. Needless to say my weigh in did not go well today. This can not happen again
leonafoxworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3''

Ok. So you had a setback. Forgive yourself and continue on!! It actually can happen again if you "beat yourself up", or allow depression to take hold. We are all human and no one here or anywhere hasn't had setbacks. Have you wondered WHY you allowed that to happen when you did? Were you nervous about the weigh in? apprehensive? We all get down about life and food can be a natural comfort we look to, only to feel worse after we've eaten it. No one can live oreo free for life, so having one, two or three is fine. It's more about the loss of control I think. Today is a new day and you can and are right back on track!! Keep moving forward and let yourself off the hook!
Beautiful Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Beautiful Nightmare is right. Today is a new day. No need to wallow in a mistake - you are trying and had a setback.

I will add that if Oreos are a trigger for you, it may be good to throw out the rest of the package.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #4  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi, I just want to add that it's possible that anxiety about the measuring may have contributed to your overeating. 140 is a weight I've been at for a long time, and whenever I get close to breaking through 140, my desire to binge goes through the roof. I just wanted to mention this because if your desire to binge may have come from anxiety, next time you can plan a strategy for when you're feeling anxious. (For me, it's drinking tea and playing drums... I'm hoping that strategy will finally get me through the 140s for good.) In my experience it always helps to have a plan in place.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/181/165

Height: 5'7

I agree today is a new day and get right back on track and throw the oreos away!!!! dont buy them again either lol I always wondered why I couldnt stop eating oreos and then one day while reading Jillian Micheals book she explained they put something in them to keep you wanting more and more... she even said in NY times they had an article that the oreo company had talks with tobacco and alcohol companies soooo they are addictive!!
dont be down on yourself all we can do is live and learn , this was a learning experience for you next time if you want a sweet put two cookies in a baggie and have someone hide the rest also think how long you would have to walk or jog on a treadmill to burn off whatever you want to eat.
have a great day Ginger
lovinww is offline   Reply With Quote