Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #1  
Kay

S/C/G: 214.5/TICKER/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Everything but the kitchen sink

Ugh. Ugh, ugh, UGH.

I had 3 exams within the span of 48 hours this week, and the results have been disastrous. I've gotten about 3 hours of sleep per night the last half a week and I haven't worked out since Sunday--I've hardly had time for anything.

I wouldn't be too mad at myself for not working out for a couple of days, except....I started stress eating last night. I told myself I would just have ONE Hershey kiss. 25 calories. No big deal, right?

Of course, that's never ever ever how it actually works out. One kiss turned into a giant handful of kisses...plus a granola bar...and a scoop of ice cream...annnd a cookie....

I woke up today feeling awful. My exams are finally over, so I guess the most I can do is move on and get back OP, but I still can't stop agonizing over it. I was doing SO well and hadn't even been -tempted- to binge in forever... How did I let that happen?
polarisx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Hey, I hear you! I had a lump im my breast examined Friday, my four y/o daughter broke her leg Sunday, Monday doc appts all day long for her, ultrasound on my breast yesterday...so I've been eating on the go, not working out, worrying sick about my daughter, and stressing about EVERYTHING. Pizza and chocolate have been my downfalls last few days. Hoping I can pull out of this soon, and I hope you can too! We'll make it.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #3  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I think all of us have been at that point at one point or another.. sometimes multiple times... just need to get yourself back on track. I let Easter weekend get to me, so I have to fix all the back sliding I did. Its a new day, so just get back on track!

rainydays Sorry to hear about your daughter! And I hope your exam went well. Food is a stress reliever for me as well.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It happens. Don't beat yourself up over it,get back on track right away.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #5  
Kay

Thanks for the support, ladies! I'm happy to report that I was 100% back OP today
Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/245/157

Height: 5' 6"

You asked and yet you know the answer....you took the first bite.

Stress and being tired are definitely triggers for me. Try to plan for this the next time you have exams by not having the foods that you tend to turn to when stressed in the house.

BIG HUG....make today a much better day!
lavenderannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #7  
Kay

Lavender- you know, that seems like such a simple answer, but it's absolutely right. Bingeing had never even crossed my MIND until that first bite of chocolate.

It was leftover Easter candy, but after seeing what a bad effect it was having on me, I tossed out the rest. I know that's wasteful, but it's nice not to have that temptation in front of me.

Thank you for the support! Today was definitely a good day.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

Polaris, as a student, I can relate 100%. I can have a spotless workout/diet record up until that one week where everything is due, I have an exam in every class, etc etc. What's worse - I always do my studying in the kitchen. It's where my computer desk is, it's where I've always done my homework, and most of the time I don't think about eating when I'm studying. But I just need one little suggestion... "OK none of this makes sense...... But I bet those Reese's cups would help my cause... no no I won't... but they're so little... no no I'm not wasting calories on that... but they're sooooo good..." and after all that debating, I can't study and I figure I might as well eat the #$@# Reese's cups anyways lol. So yeah, I just try to keep that stuff out of sight and (hopefully) out of mind. Good luck on your weight loss AND academic ones!!
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote