Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/135/125

Height: 5'3"

Default SUGAR!!!!!!!!!- please help!

Hey guys!
I did weigh 155, my goal was 125, and I got down to 130, then got stuck! I haven't weighed myself in weeks because I think I'm probably back up to 135 or maybe even a little more, and the thought is depressing!
I don't usually binge or starve, but I am having a really REALLY RIDICULOUSLY hard time resisting the sweets! I love Skittles and gummies and Blizzards and anything resembling a Blizzard, and on and on it goes!
I am also having trouble resisting the more savory snacks as well!
I can't seem to stop, and I think I'm starting to gain back weight because of it!
HELP!!!
DarlinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #2  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

First things first, you have to weigh yourself to see where you are at and to stop the gain. This way you are taking responsibility for your actions instead of not facing the consequences. Keep in mind, however, that you are probably retaining a lot of water weight from the extra carbs/calories you've been eating so don't be discouraged by the number.

Second of all, you need to detox off of sugar immediately. The first day or two are hard, but it gets much easier after that, and you can start incorporating a small amount of sugar back into your diet after a couple of weeks. I am advising you to get off of sugar cold turkey because it sounds to me as if you are addicted.

Of course, these are just my opinions based on what you have written and my own experience w/ sugar addiction. Sugar is definitely a binge trigger for me. Others might have more pertinent advice for you.

In any case, let us know how everything goes.

Last edited by EsperanzaBella82; 11-17-2009 at 11:45 AM.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My idea of a good time is a hot fudge sundae with cherry pie and ice cream for dessert . How often do you think I indulge in that ? I prefer getting on the scale and seeing a loss or at least not a gain. I prefer to wear clothing that is not marked extra large. What are your priorities ? Do you prefer a smaller number on the scale and better health ? Or the few minutes of pleasure you get from Skittles ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #4  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsperanzaBella82 View Post
First things first, you have to weigh yourself to see where you are at and to stop the gain. This way you are taking responsibility for your actions instead of not facing the consequences. Keep in mind, however, that you are probably retaining a lot of water weight from the extra carbs/calories you've been eating so don't be discouraged by the number.

Second of all, you need to detox off of sugar immediately. The first day or two are hard, but it gets much easier after that, and you can start incorporating a small amount of sugar back into your diet after a couple of weeks. I am advising you to get off of sugar cold turkey because it sounds to me as if you are addicted.

Of course, these are just my opinions based on what you have written and my own experience w/ sugar addiction. Sugar is definitely a binge trigger for me. Others might have more pertinent advice for you.

In any case, let us know how everything goes.
Wow that was a VERY POSITIVE message and oh so NOT shaming! A big HOOT to EsperanzaBella82 And what an awesome way to suggest to someone to weigh in...I love it!

My ideas...get the food out of the house...and DON'T stop for a blizzards. Stop! Stop now! For this minute, for this 1/2 hour, for this hour, etc Hang on it is gonna be tuff...YOU CAN DO IT!! <---- CHEERING 4 U

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #5  

Default Sugar Addicts Can't Break Their Addiction Alone

I am a sugar addict. I know that I am and I've had the problem for years. I've tried all the diets that you might think would work for sugar addicts. I've read "Potatoes Not Prozac" and "Lick the Sugar Habit" and "The Sugar Addicts Total Recovery Program". I've tried going off of sugar cold turkey, and I've tried cutting back. I've tried "Sugar Busters". I've tried a low glycemic diet, and I've learned that an addiction can't be cured by yourself! All of these people who say that they just went cold turkey or read a book and followed a diet and they were fine after a few days--they were never REALLY addicts! I am physically unable to get through even one day without it. I've tried South Beach, HCG, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, you name it. I couldn't last because I NEEDED sugar every day and when I had it, I had to have more. That is what an addict is.

Anyway, that's my soap box. As for a solution, I am looking in to a white sugar addiction rehab program at either "Milestones" in Florida or "Hawaii Natural Drug Rehabilitation Retreat" in Hawaii. The programs are expensive, but I have to decide if I really want to be free of the addiction or not. True addicts can't just fix the problem with "will power". True addicts have a chemical imbalance that makes them MISERABLE without getting their fix. Unless abstinence is forced upon me, I could never do it. It would be like self-torture, and I know I'd give up. So, if you're a true addict, get help.
jenlady is offline   Reply With Quote